Tel: +44 07734 130422
Welcome to Iles Tours!
With its stunning architecture and rich religious heritage, there are plenty of fascinating things to see in Durham. Famous landmarks include a medieval fortress and Durham Cathedral – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You can explore these alongside the fascinating history of Durham’s Saints and Prince Bishops on our guided tours.
Durham Historic Tour (2 hours)
Welcome to Durham. We will introduce you to this historic city and show you how it has been shaped by history! The Tour will cover Durham from its earliest history and include its Golden age of the Medieval Bishops of Durham through to the modern day. This tour is one of the best ways to see Durham during a visit to the North East.
Durham City Tour (half-day)
Durham is one of the most famous cities in the North of England. Sitting under the fantastic Cathedral of Blessed Mary the Virgin and St Cuthbert of Durham and the imposing Castle. This tour will take you on a journey around the capital of the land of the Prince Bishops. This tour includes entrance to Durham Cathedral and the Open Treasures.
Durham City and Cathedral (full-day)
Join us on a tour around Durham City and County Durham. This full day tour will guide you around Durham. From the Grand Cathedral - described as the greatest Cathedral in England and one of the most spectacular in Europe - to the Castle and City our tour will explore the history of this fortress city of the Prince Bishops.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|All Day Tour - Durham City and Cathedral||£70.00 per ticket type|
|Half Day Tour - Durham City||£43.00 per ticket type|
|Two Hour City Tours - Historic Durham||£25.00 per ticket type|
Children £10.00 (minimum age 8 years)
All 'Day Tours' are for a minimum of two people. Please contact us for our Group and Corporate rates
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good10
- Jon-S-M-UKTrip Type:FamilyA great day in Bamburgh & LindisfarneSaturday, 20th August 2022Alex took me and my children on a day trip to Bamburgh and Lindisfarne. We had a wonderful time! He was passionate & well-informed about the history, a good conversationalist, and patient (a key... Read full review
- G9466KGtraceysTrip Type:Solo travelExcellent tourSaturday, 27th August 2022Excellent short tour from the Haymarket to Greys Monument, ending in a climb to the top of the Monument. The view from the top was amazing and we had fifteen minutes to enjoy it. The guide was very... Read full review
- RachaelT201Newcastle, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGory tourSunday, 5th February 2023We had a good tour with Alex and his gory tour. He was very knowledgeable about Newcastle and shared great stories. Thank you Read full review
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Iles Tours is open Monday to Saturday 9 am - 6 pm.
We close for Easter Sunday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Map & Directions
Public Transport Directions
Depending on the tour or package you chose the starting point may vary - please contact us for further details.