Welcome to Iles Tours!
With its stunning architecture and rich religious heritage, there are plenty of fascinating things to see in Durham. Famous landmarks include a medieval fortress and Durham Cathedral – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You can explore these alongside the fascinating history of Durham’s Saints and Prince Bishops on our guided tours.
Durham Historic Tour (2 hours)
Welcome to Durham. We will introduce you to this historic city and show you how it has been shaped by history! The Tour will cover Durham from its earliest history and include its Golden age of the Medieval Bishops of Durham through to the modern day. This tour is one of the best ways to see Durham during a visit to the North East.
Durham City Tour (half-day)
Durham is one of the most famous cities in the North of England. Sitting under the fantastic Cathedral of Blessed Mary the Virgin and St Cuthbert of Durham and the imposing Castle. This tour will take you on a journey around the capital of the land of the Prince Bishops. This tour includes entrance to Durham Cathedral and the Open Treasures.
Durham City and Cathedral (full-day)
Join us on a tour around Durham City and County Durham. This full day tour will guide you around Durham. From the Grand Cathedral - described as the greatest Cathedral in England and one of the most spectacular in Europe - to the Castle and City our tour will explore the history of this fortress city of the Prince Bishops.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|All Day Tour - Durham City and Cathedral||£70.00 per ticket type|
|Half Day Tour - Durham City||£43.00 per ticket type|
|Two Hour City Tours - Historic Durham||£25.00 per ticket type|
Children £10.00 (minimum age 8 years)
All 'Day Tours' are for a minimum of two people. Please contact us for our Group and Corporate rates
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good10
- katerox40Newcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomHistory Tour of NewcastleMonday, 23rd September 2019A fantastic insight into the History of Newcastle. Alex the tour guide is very enthusiastic and has a huge knowledge on the History of Newcastle which my Dad and I thoroughly enjoyed. Anyone... Read full review
- ireneS480Newcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomGreat tour for first time visitors and those who have lived here for 60 yearsMonday, 14th October 2019Took the tour this Saturday with family from here and new family from America. Alex communicates so many key facts and stories about Newcastle through the ages in a way that was full of humour and... Read full review
- MjondalenTrip Type:CouplesNewcastle History walking tourSaturday, 30th November 2019Blue skies and nip in the air of a late November afternoon in Newcastle with the amazing Alex. This guy is so knowledgeable about local history, politics, architecture and ethnogeography and... Read full review
* Iles Tours is open Monday to Saturday 9 am - 6 pm.
We close for Easter Sunday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Map & Directions
Public Transport Directions
Depending on the tour or package you chose the starting point may vary - please contact us for further details.