The Bowes Museum is a wonderful destination for groups, offering a perfect balance of relaxation and inspiration. With three floors of galleries and twenty acres of gardens and parkland, there is plenty to explore. Our experienced and friendly Groups Coordinator will take time to understand your group’s unique personality and help you create your ideal itinerary.
You have the freedom to explore the Museum at your leisure, take advantage of a complementary tour with one of our knowledgeable volunteer guides, or go behind the scenes in the conservation studios or the library and archives. Specialist groups have the opportunity to experience private tours with the Museum's curators, exploring the World-class ceramics, paintings, or textiles collections in fascinating detail.
Our head chef will prepare excellent food for you using local produce. Choose from delicious afternoon teas, light options or heartier fayre. Visit Café Bowes at your leisure, or treat yourselves to relaxed private dining in the bright and elegant Jubilee Room and enjoy spectacular views over the Teesdale countryside.
For groups who love to explore, the attractive historic market town of Barnard Castle with a wide range of independent shops is just a short walk from the Museum.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good380
- 4_Yorkshire_folksBarnsley, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAnother great day out for all the familyWednesday, 7th November 2018This is the second time we have visited the Bowes Museum, and we had just as much fun as the first time. A family ticket is reasonably priced as you can visit as many times as you like in a year... Read full review
- naomiihbInverness, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesThoroughly enjoyed our visit!Sunday, 11th November 2018Had a lovely day with my husband at the Bowes Museum. Especially enjoyed the Catwalk exhibit there currently. Loved seeing the Alexander McQueen pieces in real life. Brilliant and diverse range of... Read full review
- wanderer44EnglandNot national trustWednesday, 14th November 2018Very impressive when you turn into the entrance gates.Allow plenty of time as there is lots to see. Excellent restaurant on site with good choice and reasonable prices.Town of Barnard Castle very... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Free meal / refreshments for Coach Driver, Group Organiser, Tour Guide or Group Supervisor(s)
- Groups: Lunch Catered For
- Groups: Refreshments Catered For
Parking & Transport
- Coach Drop Off / Pick Up Point
- Coach Parking Onsite
- Groups: Max Group Size
- Groups: Meet and Greet Services - Booking required.
- Groups: Min Group Size - 12
Travel & Trade
- Groups: Average Length of Visit - 3 hours.
- Groups: Concessions for Coach Driver, Group Organiser, Tour Guide or Group Supervisor(s)
- Groups: Free for Coach Driver, Group Organiser, Tour Guide or Group Supervisor(s)
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 17:00|
* Closed 25 & 26 Dec, 1 Jan. Cafe opening 1000-1630. Shop opening 1000-1645.