The Bowes Museum is a wonderful destination for groups, offering a perfect balance of relaxation and inspiration. With three floors of galleries and twenty acres of gardens and parkland, there is plenty to explore. Our experienced and friendly Groups Coordinator will take time to understand your group’s unique personality and help you create your ideal itinerary.
You have the freedom to explore the Museum at your leisure, take advantage of a complementary tour with one of our knowledgeable volunteer guides, or go behind the scenes in the conservation studios or the library and archives. Specialist groups have the opportunity to experience private tours with the Museum's curators, exploring the World-class ceramics, paintings, or textiles collections in fascinating detail.
Our head chef will prepare excellent food for you using local produce. Choose from delicious afternoon teas, light options or heartier fayre. Visit Café Bowes at your leisure, or treat yourselves to relaxed private dining in the bright and elegant Jubilee Room and enjoy spectacular views over the Teesdale countryside.
For groups who love to explore, the attractive historic market town of Barnard Castle with a wide range of independent shops is just a short walk from the Museum.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good385
- 494eileenhSunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayFantasticSunday, 6th January 2019Bowes museum fantastic been many times. Always something interesting going on at Bowes Museum.You have to go there in fact its a must. Being a senior you get cheaper entry and the ticket lasts for... Read full review
- lakehouseholdNorthallerton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWell worth the visitFriday, 18th January 2019Not far from the A1 at Scotch corner and well worth a visit if you have 2-3 hours to spare. It is £14 pp or £12 pp for concessions. It is based upon a personal collection of a Victorian couple... Read full review
- warbylambMorpeth, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPleasant way to spend the afternoonSunday, 20th January 2019Used a Groupon voucher to visit. Impressive building and collection of exhibits. Not sure I would pay full price, but I don’t know my art! Make sure that you’re there for 2pm to see The Swan. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Free meal / refreshments for Coach Driver, Group Organiser, Tour Guide or Group Supervisor(s)
- Groups: Lunch Catered For
- Groups: Refreshments Catered For
Parking & Transport
- Coach Drop Off / Pick Up Point
- Coach Parking Onsite
- Groups: Max Group Size
- Groups: Meet and Greet Services - Booking required.
- Groups: Min Group Size - 12
Travel & Trade
- Groups: Average Length of Visit - 3 hours.
- Groups: Concessions for Coach Driver, Group Organiser, Tour Guide or Group Supervisor(s)
- Groups: Free for Coach Driver, Group Organiser, Tour Guide or Group Supervisor(s)
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 17:00|
* Closed 25 & 26 Dec, 1 Jan. Cafe opening 1000-1630. Shop opening 1000-1645.