Everyone of all ages, from children to the young at heart, can see our Museum in a new way – recreate our history and collections in LEGO®! Start with building some of the objects from our collection that tell the story of John and Joséphine before ending up in a makerspace that explains how the Museum was built.
Visitors will be able to see magnificent LEGO® models alongside some of the most loved objects collected by our founders John and Joséphine Bowes, including the spectacular silver swan, collecting stickers as they go, before recreating a number of them in mini Creation Stations full of LEGO® bricks around the Museum.
Our main Creation Station is where people can really unleash their creativity, including toddlers in a dedicated LEGO® DUPLO® area, and use some of the 60,000 LEGO® bricks to take inspiration from their own collections to plan and build their own Museum of Treasures.
Visitors will also be able to buy a digital brick to build a virtual museum which will be projected onto a wall in the Creation Station as part of an evolving animation.
Throughout the summer there'll be LEGO® themed talks, events, and workshops including:
• Dementia friendly events, with opportunities to indulge in relaxing LEGO® away from the hustle and bustle.
• Making stop motion animations with fabulous cartoon characters.
• Learning the tricks of the LEGO® trade to improve your building prowess and how to achieve master builder status.
• Learning how to make your own Museum, stunning silver swan or robotic mouse from LEGO®.
• Travelling through time to meet the designer of The Bowes Museum or stepping into the future to collect your own precious things by travelling through space and time.
• Finding out the secrets behind taking brilliant shots of LEGO® creations with our own photographer.
• Late night Block Parties where adults can embrace their inner child and get their creative juices flowing with the bricks and a drink.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|1 Adult and up to 4 Children||£16.00 per ticket type|
|2 Adults and up to 4 Children||£30.00 per ticket type|
|Adult||£14.00 per ticket type|
|Concession||£12.00 per ticket type|
|Student (day entry only, on production of student card)||£6.00 per ticket type|
|Young People (under 18 - day entry only)||£5.00 per ticket type|
Free entry - National Art Pass, Friends of The Bowes Museum, Children under 5, Accompanying Carers
|Season (25 May 2019 - 23 Feb 2020)|