The UK's 'must see' spectacular live action outdoor theatre show Prepare to be spellbound by Kynren.
Proudly presented by Eleven Arches on a seven-and-a-half acre stage, 1,000 cast and crew immerse you in the telling of a 2,000-year tale; the history of England. Kynren brings to ground-shaking life the story of invasions, royal splendour, wars, heroic sacrifice, daily life and seismic change.
Take your seat with 8,000 others; enjoy a perfect view and be swept along by a thrilling, family-friendly journey. Two thousand years in the making: dazzling pyrotechnics, beautiful choreography, amazing stunts and hard-to-believe horsemanship combine with an inspired, original soundtrack to leave audiences and critics enraptured and awestruck.
Performances take place most Saturdays between August & September. Tickets sales for Kynren 2020 will open in November.
Tickets sales for Kynren 2020 will open in November.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good149
- kimsuzPerth, AustraliaAmazing performanceWednesday, 9th October 2019Kynren was recommended to us when staying in Staindrop. It was an amazing production with so many things to see and take in. We have seen many different shows and performances around the world and... Read full review
- TiggyAtkinsonBuckinghamshire, United KingdomThe best outdoor eventFriday, 11th October 2019From start to finish the experience was a joy. The website was clear so we had exact expectations of the parking (which is an enjoyable 10 mins walk from the venue - downhill to the amphitheatre so... Read full review
- jannine tDerbyshire, United Kingdomrecce trip with view to taking a party to kynrenFriday, 11th October 2019this show is absolutely fantastic it tell the story of the last 2000 years of british history with myth thrown in. it all takes place outside commencing at dusk and the majority of the cast are... Read full review
|Season (1 Aug 2020 - 12 Sept 2020)|
* Sat 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 August . 5 & 12 September 2020
Map & Directions
Kynren is accessed from the A689 just northwest of Bishop Auckland. Travelling From:
The North Follow the A1(M) south and exit at junction 61. Follow the signs for A688 to Bishop Auckland. Eleven Arches and allocated parking will be sign posted from the New Coundon roundabout as you approach Bishop Auckland.
The North (avoiding centre of Bishop Auckland)
Follow A1M to junction 63. Follow A167 south to Neville's Cross Durham. Turn right to the A690 to drive through Brancepeth and reach Willington. Turn left to join Hunwick Lane and through Hunwick village on the B6286. Turn left at the junction after the village and then left at the next roundabout.
The North West From the A69 travel south on the A68 and follow signs for Darlington. At Fir Tree, just past the Duke of York Public House, turn left towards Howden-le-Wear and then follow signs for A689 to Bishop Auckland. Eleven Arches and allocated parking will be signed from the A689 when you reach Bishop Auckland.
The West Leave the M6 at Penrith and travel east on the A66. Exit on to the A67 at Bowes and follow signs for A688 to Bishop Auckland. Eleven Arches and allocated parking will be signed from Bishop Auckland.
The South Follow the A1(M) North, exit at junction 58 and follow signs for A68 to West Auckland. At the roundabout junction with the A688 turn right and follow signs for Bishop Auckland. Eleven Arches and allocated parking will be signed from Bishop Auckland.
There will be strict parking controls in roads adjacent to the show site and in the town centre on show nights, so if you are arriving by car, you must buy a show parking voucher in advance (£7 per car) allowing you to use one of our dedicated off-site car parks. Parking must be booked in advance.
We have three off-site car parks to choose from within walking distance of our show ground (ranging from 15 to 40 minutes, depending on the car park), with a shuttle transfer system operating from each one if you prefer not to walk. See full details of the parking arrangements and locations of the car parks on our website. We also offer on-site parking for the exclusive use of Blue Badge holders.
Please plan your journey to arrive at your chosen car park in plenty of time. There are lots of things to see, so please do come early to ensure you make the most of all there is to enjoy before the performance! Just as Arthur does in Kynren, you too can travel through time at our pre-show attractions before you take your seat in the Tribune.
Our attractions open at least 3.5 hours before the show starts across the summer and 3 hours before in September.
Public Transport Directions
Please see website for public transport details.