Early Birds is a special early-morning session for visitors with sensory needs who wish to explore the museum in a quieter environment.
It’s for anyone who would benefit from a quieter, more relaxed museum opening, including visitors who have an Autism Spectrum Condition, an anxiety disorder, or a Special Educational Need.
The museum will open early—at 09.15—and will be available exclusively for our Early Birds guests until 10.00, when we open our doors to the general public.
We will be turning off the noisy children’s rides and video presentations, but you will still be able to explore the museum and play with the interactive exhibits.
Early Birds sessions take place once a month, with additional sessions available during school holidays.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2023 (21 Jan 2023 - 16 Dec 2023)|
* Early Birds sessions take place once a month, with additional sessions available during school holidays.
Saturday 21 January
Saturday 18 February
Saturday 18 March
Saturday 15 April
Saturday 20 May
Saturday 17 June
Saturday 15 July
Saturday 19 August
Saturday 16 September
Saturday 14 October
Saturday 11 November
Saturday 16 December
- Seven Christmas experiences to enjoy in the culture county.
- Find out what's happening this Christmas, from the traditional Durham Christmas Festival to the annual panto and festive craft workshops.
- Durham is home to world-class events, discover Durham’s most unmissable for 2023.
- Sign up to find out what's on across Durham and the latest news.