Durham City’s Traditional Christmas Festival returns iagain this year.
Based around the Cathedral and Castle, as well as other city centre locations, it provides excellent Christmas shopping opportunities alongside festive entertainment.
The Craft and Gift Marquee on Palace Green will feature over 190 stalls, while 30 regional food and drink producers will be in the Cloisters of Durham Cathedral. There will also be outdoor markets in Durham Market Place, and Milennium Place, and more than 50 more traders in Durham’s Market Hall.
Enjoy the local producers market in the Cathedral Cloister with a range of delicious breads, pies, cheese, hams, pickles, jams, cakes, sweets, chocolates and desserts – plus various hand-made crafts, candles, jewellery, gifts and much more!
Join in the Carols for All Services over the weekend or an evening concert with Christmas with Durham Cathedral Choir, bookings essential.
Or simply get away from the bustle and view the magnificent collections of treasures in the Open Treasure exhibition spaces within the monastic Claustral buildings as part of your visit to the Cathedral.
Please note, these details are not final and could change.
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - Park and Ride, City Centre Car Parks.
- Parking (free) - Park and Stride.
- On-Site café/restaurant - Several food providers both within the markets and around Palace Green, the Market Place and Market Hall.
- Toilets - In Durham Market Hall, including accessible toilets.
|2017 (1 Dec 2017 - 3 Dec 2017)|
* Regional Producers Market in the Cloisters, Fri, 1000-1800, Sat, 0900-1700, Sun, 1200-1500.
Times may be subject to change – please check website for up to date information.