Set in acres of secluded deer park, yet within easy reach of the City of Durham, Whitworth Hall is a beautiful venue for wedding ceremonies, receptions and celebrations whatever the time of year.
Two main suites: the elegant Duncombe Suite and Conservatory or the Whitworth Suite
Glorious gardens recently restored with an investment of £1m and the planting of 6,000 tulip bulbs.
Deer park where your guests can hand feed the deer
29 luxury bedrooms and suites
A personal wedding service throughout from your initial enquiry until the day of departure after your wedding
A dedicated master of ceremonies to guide you and your guests through the day
A welcome glass of fizz for the happy couple on arrival
A red carpet welcome for the wedding party and guests (weather permitting)
Use of the beautiful gardens, rose arboretum, romantic dene and deer park for your wedding photographs and outside drinks reception (subject to weather - some restrictions may apply)
White crisp table linen and napkins
Use of a traditional wedding cake stand and knife (certain restrictions may apply)
A complimentary overnight stay for the bridal couple in one of our spectacular suites including full English breakfast - offered when both a daytime and evening reception is booked.
An allocation of five bedrooms will be set aside once the reception is confirmed.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Wedding Dates - Top Rated Venue 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- GreenLeader Silver
- Very Good266
- cegeraTrip Type:FamilyLovely placeWednesday, 27th November 2019We visited last week to see the deer, and were delighted! The deer came straight over to see us, and they were beautiful sight. Got many great pics, and then went for a coffee in the lovely hotel... Read full review
- Mickwick56Disappointment , poor afternoon tea experience, disorganised.Sunday, 8th December 2019We booked up for an Afternoon Tea as a Christmas treat for my daughter. a few days before the event I contacted the venue to ask if they could add another to the numbers to make three, this would... Read full review
- debbieradfordTrip Type:BusinessAmazing ExperienceThursday, 12th December 2019This historic building and its history is a must to stay in, the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The Roe Deer are friendly enough to stroke and feed, the ducks were cute as they just... Read full review