Set in acres of secluded deer park, yet within easy reach of the City of Durham, Whitworth Hall is a beautiful venue for wedding ceremonies, receptions and celebrations whatever the time of year.
Two main suites: the elegant Duncombe Suite and Conservatory or the Whitworth Suite
Glorious gardens recently restored with an investment of £1m and the planting of 6,000 tulip bulbs.
Deer park where your guests can hand feed the deer
29 luxury bedrooms and suites
A personal wedding service throughout from your initial enquiry until the day of departure after your wedding
A dedicated master of ceremonies to guide you and your guests through the day
A welcome glass of fizz for the happy couple on arrival
A red carpet welcome for the wedding party and guests (weather permitting)
Use of the beautiful gardens, rose arboretum, romantic dene and deer park for your wedding photographs and outside drinks reception (subject to weather - some restrictions may apply)
White crisp table linen and napkins
Use of a traditional wedding cake stand and knife (certain restrictions may apply)
A complimentary overnight stay for the bridal couple in one of our spectacular suites including full English breakfast - offered when both a daytime and evening reception is booked.
An allocation of five bedrooms will be set aside once the reception is confirmed.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Wedding Dates - Top Rated Venue 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- GreenLeader Silver
- Very Good256
- HewlsterTrip Type:Couplesdamp and tiredSaturday, 1st June 2019i’m sorry but this hotel needs a refurb desperately! rooms damp and the kind of place you really don’t want to undress - you know the type! make sure you are clean before you arrive as while bathroom... Read full review
- NewvastlemonkeyNewcastleTrip Type:CouplesWouldn’t stay againMonday, 3rd June 2019Stayed a couple of nights in an Executive room, just a standard double room in honesty although it had a nice view over the deer park. Housekeeping disappointing, all they did was replenish the hot... Read full review
- sash_lkBarnsley, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBeautiful Hotel and surroundingsTuesday, 4th June 2019We have recently stayed at Whitworth Hall and had a wonderful time. The room was of excellent standard with lovely views over the grounds and it was a pleasure to watch the deer roam freely. Food... Read full review