Set in acres of secluded deer park, yet within easy reach of the City of Durham, Whitworth Hall is a beautiful venue for wedding ceremonies, receptions and celebrations whatever the time of year.
Two main suites: the elegant Duncombe Suite and Conservatory or the Whitworth Suite
Glorious gardens recently restored with an investment of £1m and the planting of 6,000 tulip bulbs.
Deer park where your guests can hand feed the deer
29 luxury bedrooms and suites
A personal wedding service throughout from your initial enquiry until the day of departure after your wedding
A dedicated master of ceremonies to guide you and your guests through the day
A welcome glass of fizz for the happy couple on arrival
A red carpet welcome for the wedding party and guests (weather permitting)
Use of the beautiful gardens, rose arboretum, romantic dene and deer park for your wedding photographs and outside drinks reception (subject to weather - some restrictions may apply)
White crisp table linen and napkins
Use of a traditional wedding cake stand and knife (certain restrictions may apply)
A complimentary overnight stay for the bridal couple in one of our spectacular suites including full English breakfast - offered when both a daytime and evening reception is booked.
An allocation of five bedrooms will be set aside once the reception is confirmed.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Wedding Dates - Top Rated Venue 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- GreenLeader Silver
- Very Good265
- Lesley409Trip Type:FamilyAmazingSaturday, 10th August 2019We had my daughters wedding at Whitworth Hall and the staff, in particular Sarah, made our stay perfect. The Wedding was amazing and the setting is spectacular. We arrived the day before the wedding... Read full review
- Steve CWashington, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyPossible Wedding VenueThursday, 15th August 2019Just spent s nice afternoon scouting out venues for an upcoming wedding and were all impressed with the Whitworth Hall. Lovely intimate little venue and the deer park is an additional bonus. Lovely... Read full review
- Mal3473Trip Type:BusinessStaying at Whitworth HallTuesday, 20th August 2019Stayed at the lovely Best Western Whitworth Hall last week Wednesday for work. Was feeling pretty unwell and didn’t have much of an appetite. Gina in the main restaurant gave an excellent service... Read full review