Set in acres of secluded deer park, yet within easy reach of the City of Durham, Whitworth Hall is a beautiful venue for wedding ceremonies, receptions and celebrations whatever the time of year.
Two main suites: the elegant Duncombe Suite and Conservatory or the Whitworth Suite
Glorious gardens recently restored with an investment of £1m and the planting of 6,000 tulip bulbs.
Deer park where your guests can hand feed the deer
29 luxury bedrooms and suites
A personal wedding service throughout from your initial enquiry until the day of departure after your wedding
A dedicated master of ceremonies to guide you and your guests through the day
A welcome glass of fizz for the happy couple on arrival
A red carpet welcome for the wedding party and guests (weather permitting)
Use of the beautiful gardens, rose arboretum, romantic dene and deer park for your wedding photographs and outside drinks reception (subject to weather - some restrictions may apply)
White crisp table linen and napkins
Use of a traditional wedding cake stand and knife (certain restrictions may apply)
A complimentary overnight stay for the bridal couple in one of our spectacular suites including full English breakfast - offered when both a daytime and evening reception is booked.
An allocation of five bedrooms will be set aside once the reception is confirmed.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Wedding Dates - Top Rated Venue 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- GreenLeader Silver
- Very Good276
- MEckford123Quiet hotel in parkland with deer.Friday, 17th July 2020Enjoyed two nights here with good food, all beautifully cooked. Staff friendly and helpful. The only downside was that our room had nowhere comfortable to sit and read - I expect the sofa cushions... Read full review
- AmyBalhamLondonA relaxing and comfortable post-lockdown breakFriday, 24th July 2020We throroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay. The hotel's Covid-19 precautions were spot on - all staff were wearing masks or face shields, there was sanitiser everywhere and guests were given masks and... Read full review
- JCBellDurhamUKDurham, United KingdomBeautiful venue,Saturday, 1st August 2020Due to easing of lockdown, myself my wife and her sister and husband decided to book up last night for a meal, And must say the food was excellent, along with great service and very friendly staff... Read full review