Family run falconry centre with all birds being flown daily and the emphasis on fun and education.
Set in the stunning grounds of Walworth Castle, just 10 mins from the A1 and A68 the falconry centre is the perfect place for a fun, family day out. Meet the birds, see both of our fabulous falconry flying displays, see our bird feeding station, take a walk in the ancient woodland whilst looking for our hidden creatures on the nature trail or take our fun quizzes whilst you tour the aviaries, you can even buy something special to remind you of your visit in our friendly gift shop. Once you have paid you can come and go all day allowing you to plan a great day out and include lunch at Walworth Castle Hotel.
We also offer a huge range of experience days, mobile bird of prey display team, wedding ring delivery, school visits, corporate days, birthday parties, guest speaking and gift vouchers. We cover a wide area from Richmond, Barnard Castle, The North East, Durham, Darlington, Yorkshire, Cumbria even to Scotland.
Visit Check List:
Nature Trail Through Ancient Woodland
Two amazing Falconry displays with different birds in both
Children’s Craft Workshops on special events
Bird Hide and Feeding Station
Meet The Ferrets
Yummy Lunch, Tea, Coffee or Ice Cream at Walworth Castle Hotel
Once you have paid you can come and go all day.
Special Events running throughout the year from Easter Weekend, Archery, Wizardry, Medieval Days to Halloween weeks and Santa with fancy dress, Meet the birds, ferret racing and MYO activities – a day full of memories for the whole family!
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adults||£6.50 per ticket type|
|Child (4-16yrs)||£4.50 per ticket type|
|Family (2+2)||£20.00 per ticket type|
Group discounts available on request.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good14
- anthony gDarlington, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFantastic bird of preyTuesday, 4th June 2019Myself and my wife plus granddaughter had a great afternoon at Walworth BOP, very informative and interactive with all who visited ,will definitely be a regular visitor Well done Read full review
- AhmeekpamDarlington, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayFun day at Walworth castleTuesday, 4th June 2019Very good value for money, well worth a visit. Brilliant bird of prey display. Staff very attentive to birds of prey and visitors. Read full review
- ZabalamanTrip Type:CouplesWalworth Castle Birds of PreySunday, 16th June 2019Went to Walworth birds of prey today and we’re so please we did. The staff are all very friendly, made us feel very welcome and there was always someone close at hand in case we had any... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Free parking.
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Tuesday - Thursday||Closed|
|Friday - Sunday||10:30||- 16:00|
* Flying Display Times 13.30 & 15:00 (weather permitting)