Family run falconry centre with all birds being flown daily and the emphasis on fun and education.
Set in the stunning grounds of Walworth Castle, just 10 mins from the A1 and A68 the falconry centre is the perfect place for a fun, family day out. Meet the birds, see both of our fabulous falconry flying displays, see our bird feeding station, take a walk in the ancient woodland whilst looking for our hidden creatures on the nature trail or take our fun quizzes whilst you tour the aviaries, you can even buy something special to remind you of your visit in our friendly gift shop. Once you have paid you can come and go all day allowing you to plan a great day out and include lunch at Walworth Castle Hotel.
We also offer a huge range of experience days, mobile bird of prey display team, wedding ring delivery, school visits, corporate days, birthday parties, guest speaking and gift vouchers. We cover a wide area from Richmond, Barnard Castle, The North East, Durham, Darlington, Yorkshire, Cumbria even to Scotland.
Visit Check List:
Nature Trail Through Ancient Woodland
Two amazing Falconry displays with different birds in both
Children’s Craft Workshops on special events
Bird Hide and Feeding Station
Meet The Ferrets
Yummy Lunch, Tea, Coffee or Ice Cream at Walworth Castle Hotel
Once you have paid you can come and go all day.
Special Events running throughout the year from Easter Weekend, Archery, Wizardry, Medieval Days to Halloween weeks and Santa with fancy dress, Meet the birds, ferret racing and MYO activities – a day full of memories for the whole family!
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adults||£6.50 per ticket type|
|Child (4-16yrs)||£4.50 per ticket type|
|Family (2+2)||£20.00 per ticket type|
Group discounts available on request.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good14
- Cordelia12DurhamTrip Type:FamilyReally good day out last summerThursday, 21st February 2019We had a great day. We visited in the morning, then left and went to the Castle for lunch. We were allowed to renter on our original entry tickets and thoroughly enjoyed the display. Lovely people... Read full review
- Jane PNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellentFriday, 8th March 2019Came here as a big group. We all loved it. The staff are all amazing at what they do. Would definitely recommend it to others Read full review
- Kathryn SDarlington, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWalworth Castle birds of preyFriday, 12th April 2019Great display for all ages and such good fun. There is even a chance to take part. I would definitely recommend this activity. Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Free parking.
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Tuesday - Thursday||Closed|
|Friday - Sunday||10:30||- 16:00|
* Flying Display Times 13.30 & 15:00 (weather permitting)