Family run falconry centre with all birds being flown daily and the emphasis on fun and education.
Set in the stunning grounds of Walworth Castle, just 10 mins from the A1 and A68 the falconry centre is the perfect place for a fun, family day out. Meet the birds, see both of our fabulous falconry flying displays, see our bird feeding station, take a walk in the ancient woodland whilst looking for our hidden creatures on the nature trail or take our fun quizzes whilst you tour the aviaries, you can even buy something special to remind you of your visit in our friendly gift shop. Once you have paid you can come and go all day allowing you to plan a great day out and include lunch at Walworth Castle Hotel.
We also offer a huge range of experience days, mobile bird of prey display team, wedding ring delivery, school visits, corporate days, birthday parties, guest speaking and gift vouchers. We cover a wide area from Richmond, Barnard Castle, The North East, Durham, Darlington, Yorkshire, Cumbria even to Scotland.
Visit Check List:
Nature Trail Through Ancient Woodland
Two amazing Falconry displays with different birds in both
Children’s Craft Workshops on special events
Bird Hide and Feeding Station
Meet The Ferrets
Yummy Lunch, Tea, Coffee or Ice Cream at Walworth Castle Hotel
Once you have paid you can come and go all day.
Special Events running throughout the year from Easter Weekend, Archery, Wizardry, Medieval Days to Halloween weeks and Santa with fancy dress, Meet the birds, ferret racing and MYO activities – a day full of memories for the whole family!
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adults||£6.50 per ticket type|
|Child (4-16yrs)||£4.50 per ticket type|
|Family (2+2)||£20.00 per ticket type|
Group discounts available on request.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good14
- kinnyRochdalerochdaleBirds of prey centre and showsMonday, 23rd September 2019Great afternoon with Tori and Anne( granny G) The pair are enthusiastic and knowledgable and tell tales that are better than comedians. Would certainly recommend a visit. Read full review
- Jacqueline ALovely visit with a chance to see the birds up close.Tuesday, 24th September 2019We visited when staying at Walworth Castle. A ticket allows you come and go all day access to look at the birds and attend one or two flying demonstrations and see some birds up close. Very... Read full review
- cherieleighTrip Type:Friends getawayWeddingSunday, 13th October 2019We had a lovely stay at the castle where our friends renewed their wedding vows. Alison was really helpful and efficient when we arrived at reception. Our room was clean and adequate for our needs... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Free parking.
|Summer 2019 (29 June 2019 - 31 Aug 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:30||- 16:00|
* Flying Display Times 13.30 & 15:00 (weather permitting)