Visiting a large, open space like this exhibition can be quite an experience for toddlers! There are so many exciting things to look at, smells to sniff, activities to try out and tiny steps to walk. We have put together this backpack to help younger visitors explore the exhibition.
Included in the backpack are:
A cuddly bear (a new friend to accompany little ones on their visit)
A pair of binoculars (to help look at things high up)
A torch (to help see things better in the darker corners)
A ‘What can You See?’ trail (a few special things to find and do)
Colour paddles (to see things in a different way)
These are free for pre-school children to borrow when visiting with their families.
There is also a free A3 Open Treasure trail which takes them around the exhibition, encouraging them to try out the interactives, search for information and reflect on their thoughts.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good1159
- mikehandelLondonLived up to expectationsTuesday, 20th August 2019Obviously one of the main attractions; it is magnificent. The views of it from various vantage points are spectacular. The interior matches it. Voluntary admission charge except for climbing the... Read full review
- carol822Manchester, United KingdomMagnificent CathedralTuesday, 20th August 2019Just breathtakingly beautiful and so interesting, the stewards are so helpful and full of knowledge. It’s an amazing place...much better than Westminster Abbey in my opinion ..a must to visit if in... Read full review
- hollyberry1998ManchesterTrip Type:FamilyBeautiful, and Lovely Staff!Tuesday, 20th August 2019My Mum and I absolutely adored it here! I’d not been since I was 3, now I’m 20 and such a special place means a lot to the both of us. It’s so lovely to how much care goes into the cathedral and we... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2018/19 (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:30||- 18:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:30||- 18:00|
* The Cathedral is open for worship and private prayer between 0730 and 0930 Monday to Saturday; 0745 and 1230 on Sunday. Occasionally because of a special service or event full access to whole of the Cathedral may be restricted. Please contact the Cathedral Office if you wish to visit on a particular day, especially when travelling far.