Visiting a large, open space like this exhibition can be quite an experience for toddlers! There are so many exciting things to look at, smells to sniff, activities to try out and tiny steps to walk. We have put together this backpack to help younger visitors explore the exhibition.
Included in the backpack are:
A cuddly bear (a new friend to accompany little ones on their visit)
A pair of binoculars (to help look at things high up)
A torch (to help see things better in the darker corners)
A ‘What can You See?’ trail (a few special things to find and do)
Colour paddles (to see things in a different way)
These are free for pre-school children to borrow when visiting with their families.
There is also a free A3 Open Treasure trail which takes them around the exhibition, encouraging them to try out the interactives, search for information and reflect on their thoughts.
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1116
- Gregory KGloucester, EnglandTrip Type:FamilyExceeded our expectationsWednesday, 17th April 2019Yes the donation is voluntary, but far cheaper than that demanded by many stately homes. The guides were friendly and approachable. The various sights well documented and interesting. The cafe was... Read full review
- The_CrofterWarrington,EnglandTrip Type:CouplesPacked With Heritage And HistoryWednesday, 17th April 2019Really enjoyed our visit to Durham Cathederal an absolutely stunning architectural masterpiece filled with history. Attended a short service in honour of St Cuthbert and so glad that we did. You can... Read full review
- Busker999Tonbridge, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat but....Wednesday, 17th April 2019On trip back south from edinburgh came via the cathedral. Said to be the best cathedral in England. I disagree although still good. Lovely stained glass, roof and lovely architecture overall but I... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2018/19 (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:30||- 18:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:30||- 18:00|
* The Cathedral is open for worship and private prayer between 0730 and 0930 Monday to Saturday; 0745 and 1230 on Sunday. Occasionally because of a special service or event full access to whole of the Cathedral may be restricted. Please contact the Cathedral Office if you wish to visit on a particular day, especially when travelling far.