Visiting a large, open space like this exhibition can be quite an experience for toddlers! There are so many exciting things to look at, smells to sniff, activities to try out and tiny steps to walk. We have put together this backpack to help younger visitors explore the exhibition.
Included in the backpack are:
A cuddly bear (a new friend to accompany little ones on their visit)
A pair of binoculars (to help look at things high up)
A torch (to help see things better in the darker corners)
A ‘What can You See?’ trail (a few special things to find and do)
Colour paddles (to see things in a different way)
These are free for pre-school children to borrow when visiting with their families.
There is also a free A3 Open Treasure trail which takes them around the exhibition, encouraging them to try out the interactives, search for information and reflect on their thoughts.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good1178
- CruiseShip101Penticton, CanadaA visit to Durham CathedralTuesday, 15th October 2019The cathedral is an impressive structure so we were happy to pay a 10 BP donation for the two of us to enter (6 suggested). The stone cathedral is lovely and the stained glass worth a photo. Durham... Read full review
- L418KFangelamTrip Type:FamilyDurham CathedralFriday, 18th October 2019Great visit.. spectacular. Guides very helpful and friendly. We went with our 5 yr old, 12 yr old and Granny. 12yr old and Granny went up the tower, beautiful views. Little one is in a mobility buggy... Read full review
- JackandMargaret55Very poor customer serviceFriday, 18th October 2019As a group of 4 we paid a £20 donation. We spent 15 mins in the Nave then made our way to the Organ. Stopped by a purple robed officious woman who said there would be a service at 3pm and we... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2018/19 (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:30||- 18:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:30||- 18:00|
* The Cathedral is open for worship and private prayer between 0730 and 0930 Monday to Saturday; 0745 and 1230 on Sunday. Occasionally because of a special service or event full access to whole of the Cathedral may be restricted. Please contact the Cathedral Office if you wish to visit on a particular day, especially when travelling far.