Visiting a large, open space like this exhibition can be quite an experience for toddlers! There are so many exciting things to look at, smells to sniff, activities to try out and tiny steps to walk. We have put together this backpack to help younger visitors explore the exhibition.
Included in the backpack are:
A cuddly bear (a new friend to accompany little ones on their visit)
A pair of binoculars (to help look at things high up)
A torch (to help see things better in the darker corners)
A ‘What can You See?’ trail (a few special things to find and do)
Colour paddles (to see things in a different way)
These are free for pre-school children to borrow when visiting with their families.
There is also a free A3 Open Treasure trail which takes them around the exhibition, encouraging them to try out the interactives, search for information and reflect on their thoughts.
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1102
- 301helenmNorth Yorkshire, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyVisit Open TreasuresMonday, 18th February 2019We have visited this beautiful cathedral many times, and have now visited Open Treasures. At £17.50 for a family including children under 18 this was very good value. It would be worth the cost just... Read full review
- christineeskilds2018Lanchester, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyDurham cathedralTuesday, 19th February 2019Amazing Cathedral and the link to Harry Potter makes it magical for the children especially the secret door. Nice cafe and gift shop. Light a candle while you are there and gaze at the stained glass... Read full review
- Claire AMiddlesbrough, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBreathtaking!!!Tuesday, 19th February 2019Beautiful Durham Cathedral. The Evensong service made us cry it was so wonderful it was overwhelming! The voices of angels, outstanding choir. A must visit! Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2018/19 (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:30||- 18:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:30||- 18:00|
* The Cathedral is open for worship and private prayer between 0730 and 0930 Monday to Saturday; 0745 and 1230 on Sunday. Occasionally because of a special service or event full access to whole of the Cathedral may be restricted. Please contact the Cathedral Office if you wish to visit on a particular day, especially when travelling far.