Visiting a large, open space like this exhibition can be quite an experience for toddlers! There are so many exciting things to look at, smells to sniff, activities to try out and tiny steps to walk. We have put together this backpack to help younger visitors explore the exhibition.
Included in the backpack are:
A cuddly bear (a new friend to accompany little ones on their visit)
A pair of binoculars (to help look at things high up)
A torch (to help see things better in the darker corners)
A ‘What can You See?’ trail (a few special things to find and do)
Colour paddles (to see things in a different way)
These are free for pre-school children to borrow when visiting with their families.
There is also a free A3 Open Treasure trail which takes them around the exhibition, encouraging them to try out the interactives, search for information and reflect on their thoughts.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good1139
- Alison CIlkley, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessGuided tour and tower climb.Tuesday, 11th June 2019A wonderful experience! Many thanks to Marion, our tour guide who was impressively enthusiastic, friendly and exceptionally well informed when taking our small group of three around this beautiful... Read full review
- Daydream63953347124Trip Type:Friends getawayGreat cathedral, definitely worth a visitWednesday, 12th June 2019Not allowed to take pictures during service. But an absolutely stunning cathedral! It gives you real Harry Potter vibes. And the LEGO cathedral at the end is really cool!! Read full review
- TravelswithMumWhitby, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayA fine building - visit ruined by unfortunate and careless sound systemThursday, 13th June 2019Was enjoying a brief visit while a children's service was being held in the nave. Unfortunately the sound system fed back due to over volume and over-enthusiastic leader. Luckily I ripped the hearing... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2018/19 (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:30||- 18:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:30||- 18:00|
* The Cathedral is open for worship and private prayer between 0730 and 0930 Monday to Saturday; 0745 and 1230 on Sunday. Occasionally because of a special service or event full access to whole of the Cathedral may be restricted. Please contact the Cathedral Office if you wish to visit on a particular day, especially when travelling far.