Visiting a large, open space like this exhibition can be quite an experience for toddlers! There are so many exciting things to look at, smells to sniff, activities to try out and tiny steps to walk. We have put together this backpack to help younger visitors explore the exhibition.
Included in the backpack are:
A cuddly bear (a new friend to accompany little ones on their visit)
A pair of binoculars (to help look at things high up)
A torch (to help see things better in the darker corners)
A ‘What can You See?’ trail (a few special things to find and do)
Colour paddles (to see things in a different way)
These are free for pre-school children to borrow when visiting with their families.
There is also a free A3 Open Treasure trail which takes them around the exhibition, encouraging them to try out the interactives, search for information and reflect on their thoughts.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good1205
- J0hn_H720London, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesStunning building, back when it fully reopensThursday, 30th July 2020First trip to Durham so the first place to visit. Durham is still very quiet with few visitors or students. This meant the experience of the cathedral slightly odd. Entry via the Galilee chapel and... Read full review
- katiemZ7961BQBedfordshire, United KingdomBeautiful Cathedral in the heart of the cityMonday, 3rd August 2020We visited in the first weekend of August and despite lockdown coronavirus measure we were able to see almost all of the cathedral. Great safety measure were in place and the number of guests at any... Read full review
- aindowrichardLiverpool, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAmazing cathedralTuesday, 4th August 2020I had heard good things about Durham cathedral, but I’ve seen many others. I did not expect to be so impressed. It’s great. Very impressive. I didn’t get a tour but got to see the main area... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2018/19 (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:30||- 18:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:30||- 18:00|
* The Cathedral is open for worship and private prayer between 0730 and 0930 Monday to Saturday; 0745 and 1230 on Sunday. Occasionally because of a special service or event full access to whole of the Cathedral may be restricted. Please contact the Cathedral Office if you wish to visit on a particular day, especially when travelling far.