Visiting a large, open space like this exhibition can be quite an experience for toddlers! There are so many exciting things to look at, smells to sniff, activities to try out and tiny steps to walk. We have put together this backpack to help younger visitors explore the exhibition.
Included in the backpack are:
A cuddly bear (a new friend to accompany little ones on their visit)
A pair of binoculars (to help look at things high up)
A torch (to help see things better in the darker corners)
A ‘What can You See?’ trail (a few special things to find and do)
Colour paddles (to see things in a different way)
These are free for pre-school children to borrow when visiting with their families.
There is also a free A3 Open Treasure trail which takes them around the exhibition, encouraging them to try out the interactives, search for information and reflect on their thoughts.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good1201
- linh0wLiverpool, United KingdomCoach Trip out 15/3/2020Thursday, 19th March 2020My partner and I visited this beautiful building, but we were not allowed to enter certain areas unless we were part of the congregation because there was a church service in progress. We did however... Read full review
- JoeHettonHeaton, United KingdomStand in awe!Thursday, 30th April 2020I have lived near Durham for many years now but never tire of popping into the cathedral just to stand in the central aisle and soak up the mastery of the masons. The columns of stone supporting the... Read full review
- MilespergallonTrip Type:FamilyMr Cummings visitTuesday, 26th May 2020Well worth the 260 mile midnight drive in my trusty land rover that does 275 miles to the gallon Kind Regards Dom Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2018/19 (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:30||- 18:00|
|Bank Holiday||09:30||- 18:00|
* The Cathedral is open for worship and private prayer between 0730 and 0930 Monday to Saturday; 0745 and 1230 on Sunday. Occasionally because of a special service or event full access to whole of the Cathedral may be restricted. Please contact the Cathedral Office if you wish to visit on a particular day, especially when travelling far.