Located in Winlaton Mill, in the heart of Ambrose Crowley's industrial empire, both the Heritage Centre and café shrub are accessible via the Derwent Walk, Red Kite Trail and the Coast to Coast Cycle way, as well as the main traffic route through the Derwent Valley.
The centre provides a unique interpretation of the fascinating local heritage, heritage skills training for volunteers and has business units to support creative businesses in the area. In addition, the site is also home to a small café and gift shop, café shrub.
café shrub specialises in offering local produce in both the café and gift shop. Visitors can immerse themselves in the heritage of the area with its use of reclaimed wood and exposed iron beams in its design. café shrub offers a freshly cooked seasonal menu sourced from local suppliers where possible. It is a hub for the local community as well as a place where visitors can fuel up before or relax after an exciting day exploring all that the area has to offer.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Northern Saints Trails Passport 2021
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp / Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
Parking & Transport
- Coach Drop Off / Pick Up Point
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Dogs Accepted
- Event Venue
- In countryside
- No Smoking Attraction
- Village Location
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:00||- 16:30|
|Bank Holiday||09:00||- 16:00|
* Open every day except Christmas Day; opening hours change throughout the year, please visit our website to find out more: https://www.cafeshrub.co.uk/heritage-centre.