Visiting a large, open space like this exhibition can be quite an experience for toddlers! There are so many exciting things to look at, smells to sniff, activities to try out and tiny steps to walk. We have put together this backpack to help younger visitors explore the exhibition.
Included in the backpack are:
A cuddly bear (a new friend to accompany little ones on their visit)
A pair of binoculars (to help look at things high up)
A torch (to help see things better in the darker corners)
A ‘What can You See?’ trail (a few special things to find and do)
Colour paddles (to see things in a different way)
These are free for pre-school children to borrow when visiting with their families.
There is also a free A3 trail which takes them around the exhibition, encouraging them to try out the interactives, search for information and reflect on their thoughts.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1265
- 366kayGreater London, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLove coming backThursday, 29th December 2022We visited last time three years ago, so we were very keen to come back on our visit up North. Such a large and magnificent cathedral, you always discover something new. The stained glass windows are... Read full review
- reneeandbabymingLincsTrip Type:FamilyCathedral TourSaturday, 31st December 2022A wonderful Cathedral guided tour. Very informative and historically significant. A big thank you to Margret Potter for her excellent insights and knowledge. Read full review
- Paul BThirsk, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAn Amazing BuildingMonday, 30th January 2023This is a truly amazing building. We spent all day in here! Some of the extra time we took was possibly because my partner happens to be blind and there were many things that I had to read to her. We... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* The Cathedral is open for worship and private prayer between 0730 and 0930 Monday to Saturday; 0745 and 1230 on Sunday. Occasionally because of a special service or event full access to whole of the Cathedral may be restricted. Please contact the Cathedral Office if you wish to visit on a particular day, especially when travelling far.