Visiting a large, open space like this exhibition can be quite an experience for toddlers! There are so many exciting things to look at, smells to sniff, activities to try out and tiny steps to walk. We have put together this backpack to help younger visitors explore the exhibition.
Included in the backpack are:
A cuddly bear (a new friend to accompany little ones on their visit)
A pair of binoculars (to help look at things high up)
A torch (to help see things better in the darker corners)
A ‘What can You See?’ trail (a few special things to find and do)
Colour paddles (to see things in a different way)
These are free for pre-school children to borrow when visiting with their families.
There is also a free A3 trail which takes them around the exhibition, encouraging them to try out the interactives, search for information and reflect on their thoughts.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good1244
- davidmX6475RYGlasgow, United KingdomNot much to say other than it is a must see on a trip to DurhamTuesday, 7th September 2021This is a MUST SEE! The history, the architecture and just the sheer brilliance of the fact it was was built and still stands is remarkable. Read full review
- Kenny DTranent, United KingdomSt Cuthberts last resting place.Wednesday, 15th September 2021Never fails to impress, no matter how many times you visit. It’s one of the oldest, it has the tomb of St Cuthbert and the history is fascinating, sad and frightening. Not as decorative as York or... Read full review
- travellalot011Lichfield, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBeautiful, must climb the tower!Friday, 17th September 2021This is a beautiful Cathedral, in a beautiful setting on the green opposite the Castle, standing high above the city. We took the extra tour to walk the 370 steps up on to the roof- well worth the... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* The Cathedral is open for worship and private prayer between 0730 and 0930 Monday to Saturday; 0745 and 1230 on Sunday. Occasionally because of a special service or event full access to whole of the Cathedral may be restricted. Please contact the Cathedral Office if you wish to visit on a particular day, especially when travelling far.