Dalton Moor Farm
Dalton le Dale
Tel: +44 07887 551643
Dalton Moor Farm is a small organic, vegan fruit farm on a beautiful, wild moor in East Durham. We are very environmentally conscious and committed to working with nature and supporting the environment. We have planted miles of native hedges which are growing nicely. We have planted four orchards, with mostly cider apples. We are re-wilding parts of the farm to provide more safe space for wildlife and we farm sustainably. We generate our own electrcity from wind and sun.
We grow a range of cultivated and wild fruits and hebs, which we harvest by hand to create traditional Real Cider, Great Taste Award-winning Apple Juice, Fruit Juices, Apple Cider Vinegar, Kombucha, Fermented Pickles, Vegan HUNNY, Vegan Lemon Churd, Jams, Marmalades, Syrups and Chutneys. All pur products are vegan, of course.
Our products are available to buy direct from the farm or from Discovering Durham Shop in Prince Bushops' Shopping Centre, Durham. We also supply several other local cafes and shops, including Kaffeehaus Amadeus at Lanchester, Rise Artisan Bakehouse in Grainger Market, Newcastle and our apple juice from Lickity Split Ice Cream Parlour in Seaham. and Finchale Abbey, Durham.
We trade at various food fairs and vegan fairs around the region and the UK. Presently most of these have been suspended due to Covid-19.
Cider can be bought on-line from www.smallindependentcidermakers.co.uk.
You can also buy our other products via www.shopappy.com/Seaham
For a list of our current products and prices please get in touch via e-mail and we'll send you the details.
Trade enquiries welcome - please let us know if you would like to stock our products.
We host a range of educational activities enabling you to learn about self-sufficiency and wellbeing. These incliude for example Introduction to Foraging Walks, Tree days, Introduction to Mindfulness Sessions, Natural Fermentation Courses, Drum Circles, Dance and Movement and other activities in the great outdoors.
Follow us on Facebook to stay up to date with what is going on, or to purchase from our Facebook Shop.
Going forward we have plans to set up some recycled timber tipis to provide off-grid accommodation for our environmental educational and wellness activities at our School of Sustainable Living.
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - Currently our offer for activities suitable,for,diabled visitors is limited but we aim to increase the options in the future.
- Education Groups Max - group size = class size
- 2m distancing in place - Activities currently offered are outdoors with easy social distancing. Activities must be booked and paid in advance. Products can be collected from the farm but must be ordered in advance.
- Capacity limit
- Contactless payment possible - Activities currently offered are outdoors with easy social distancing. Activities must be booked and paid in advance. Products can be collected from the farm but must be ordered in advance. Payment by card - link sent by email or on social media account
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place - Any events that may need to be cancelled or postponed due to changing Covid-19 restrictions can be rescheduled or refunded.
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed - We’re Good To Go
- Deep cleaning between visitors - Any tools or touch points are cleaned and sanitised between guests
- Facilities must be booked
- Online ordering available - Order via Facebook Messenger or www.shopappy.com or www.smallindependentcidermakers.co.uk
- Open now
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Groups Accepted - All our activities are suitable for groups of friends, colleagues or clubs.
- Max group size - Group size is currently limited by Covid-19 restrictions. Maximum group permitted is 20
- Gift vouchers
- Out of town - Dalton Moor Farm is located in the countryside but nor far from the towns of Murton and Seaham
Tours and Demonstrations
- Groups: Average Length of Visit - 2-3 hours
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|