Dalton Moor Farm is a small organic, Vegan fruit farm in Dalton le Dale, near to Murton, Seaham and Dalton Park Shopping Centre.
We grow a range of cultivated and wild fruits and herbs, which we harvest by hand to create a range of tasty Vegan Foods and Drinks.
We sell direct to public and to trade.
"From Blossom to Bottle" "Home Grown, Hand Made"
Our products include traditional 'Real' Cider, Great Taste Award-winning 100% Apple Juice, Fruit Juices, Apple Cider Vinegar, Kombucha, Fermented Pickles, Vegan HUNNY ("Made by Me, not by Bee"), Vegan Lemon Churd, Jams, Marmalades, Syrups and Chutneys.
Our products are available to buy Direct from the Farm (please call us to check opening times or a convenient time to come)
or from Discovering Durham Shop in Prince Bushops' Shopping Centre, Durham.
We also supply local cafes and shops, including Kaffeehaus Amadeus at Lanchester, Flamingo Bar and Cafe in Seaham, Good Apple Cafe in Sunderland and Finchale Abbey, Durham.
You can purchase our products on line direct from our website https://www.daltonmoorfarm.co.uk or www.shopappy.com/Seaham
To buy our Cider online please visit www.smallindependentcidermakers.co.uk.
We trade at various food fairs and vegan fairs around the region and the UK.
Trade enquiries welcome - please let us know if you would like to stock our products.
For a list of our current products and prices please get in touch via e-mail and we'll send you the details.
The Farm is set on a beautiful, wild moor in East Durham. We are very environmentally conscious and committed to working with nature and supporting the environment. We Won First place the Natural Environment Category in the County Durham Environment Awards 2020 (awarded February 2021) with Highly Commended.
We have planted miles of native hedges which are growing nicely. We have planted four orchards, with mostly cider apples.
We are re-wilding parts of the farm to provide more safe space for wildlife and we farm sustainably.
We generate our own electricity from wind and sun. We harvest rainwater from our buildings and use this for irrigation on the farm.
Watch our videos on You Tube to find out more - here's one we did for a Trees and Bees Conference in March 2021
The farm is also home to the School of Sustainable Living and Wellbeing where we host a range of educational activities enabling you to learn about self-sufficiency, living more closely with nature, ancient crafts and wellbeing. These incliude for example Foraging Walks, Basket Weaving, Drum Circles, Mindfulness Sessions, Natural Fermentation Courses, Yoga, Art, Dance and Movement and other activities in the great outdoors.
Sign up on our Website https://www.daltonmoorfarm.co.uk and Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @daltonmoorfarm to stay up to date with what is going on
We have plans to set up some recycled timber tipis to provide off-grid accommodation for our environmental educational and wellness activities. Along with these we hope to be able to set up a proper shop, cafe and juice/cider tasting facility.
If you would like to visit the farm please get in touch as we'd love to see you. Tours and other activities are available to book on our website.
We are Visit England 'Good to Go' with full Covid-19 risk assessments and safety measures in place.
We are GOLD accredited by Green Tourism
Shortlisted in National iTravelStaycation Awards 2021 in two categories - Green Space, Experience
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - Currently our offer for activities suitable,for,diabled visitors is limited but we aim to increase the options in the future.
- Education Groups Max - group size = class size
- 2m distancing in place - Activities currently offered are outdoors with easy social distancing. Activities must be booked and paid in advance. Products can be collected from the farm but must be ordered in advance.
- Capacity limit
- Contactless payment possible - Activities currently offered are outdoors with easy social distancing. Activities must be booked and paid in advance. Products can be collected from the farm but must be ordered in advance. Payment by card - link sent by email or on social media account
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place - Any events that may need to be cancelled or postponed due to changing Covid-19 restrictions can be rescheduled or refunded.
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed - We’re Good To Go
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors - Any tools or touch points are cleaned and sanitised between guests
- Facilities must be booked
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking possible
- Online ordering available - Order via Facebook Messenger or www.shopappy.com or www.smallindependentcidermakers.co.uk
- Open now
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for visitors
Parking & Transport
- Frequent bus services
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Groups Accepted - All our activities are suitable for groups of friends, colleagues or clubs.
- Max group size - Group size is currently limited by Covid-19 restrictions. Maximum group permitted is 20
- Gift vouchers
- Public toilets
- Out of town - Dalton Moor Farm is located in the countryside but nor far from the towns of Murton and Seaham
Tours and Demonstrations
- Groups: Average Length of Visit - 2-3 hours
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Please contact us before visiting the farm / shop as we cannot currently man the shop full time, but will open it for your visit. Thank you.
Map & Directions
Access is via Truro Avenue, Murton.SR7 9LD - Note this is not the postcode for our address but is the one to use to find us.
Public Transport Directions
Various bus links from surrounding towns to Truro Avenue, Murton either direct or via Dalton Park Shopping Centre.
Nearest railway stations are Seaham, Sunderland, Horden and Durham.