Whatever the occasion Best Western Whitworth Hall Hotel can offer you a dining experience you will remember for all the right reasons.
Whether it is a romantic dinner for you and a loved one or a celebration for you and your family and friends we can offer a selection of menus that offer something for everyone's taste.
We can also offer private dining in both of our restaurants, however, this facility does carry a room hire charge - price on application.
Where better to start your day than enjoying breakfast in our Brasserie or Library restaurant with morning views over the deer park.
The Library restaurant is the oldest part of the house and is elegantly decorated serving an extensive al a carte menu.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good15
- panthers1965South Shields, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesRoyaltySunday, 11th March 2018Treat like Royalty by 2 Lovely Staff nothing was a problem and everything was met with a Smile and Politeness Thank You So Much But the Food was to Die FOR ..... Compliments to the Chef ..... Read full review
- newtocountydurhamNewton Aycliffe, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayA lovely few hours, stepping back in time to a gracious way of life.Friday, 25th May 2018Two years ago I celebrated my 80th birthday with family and friends and an afternoon tea at this lovely old house and enjoyed it so much, we have gone back fairly often, treating friends who have... Read full review
- Paradise41909212676Trip Type:FamilyBreakfastSunday, 11th November 2018Wonderful breakfast freshly cooked in lovely surroundings pleasant and helpful staff, buffet choice very good also Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Coach Groups of 40+ Accepted
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Groups Accepted
- Max group size - 100
- Min group size - 10
- Event Venue
- Outdoor Attraction - Deer park
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
|Season (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
|Monday - Sunday||18:00||- 23:00|
|Bank Holiday||18:00||- 23:00|
* Sunday lunch 1200-1400.
Map & Directions
From A1(M), jct 61, follow signs for Spennymoor (A688). Take road to 'Spennymoor Town Centre' and then follow signs for A688 Bishop Auckland. At the traffic lights turn right. Whitworth Hall is 2 miles on the right.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest public transport is 2 miles away.