Dining in the flagship 4AA Rosette Orangery restaurant at Rockliffe Hall is a foodie experience like no other.
Brought to you by Michelin-starred executive chef, Richard Allen, The Orangery is all about bringing the outside in. Take a foodie journey across land and sea as you sample the delights of Richard’s tasting menus.
Executive chef Richard Allen has a passion for premium ingredients that look good, taste good and that are good for you. That’s not to say we won’t indulge you a little too, however!
The Orangery offers a varied menu, exquisite wines and carefully concocted cocktails to allow you to fully experience its welcoming surroundings and hospitable team. Informal luxury is what The Orangery is all about.
Richard has developed the Orangery menus to make best use of the highest quality seasonal and regional produce, some foraged from Rockliffe Hall’s 365 acre estate. Our aim is to take you on a culinary journey that includes unique temperatures, textures and tastes. Both wine and beer flights are available to compliment your menu. Please note our menus change daily to reflect seasonality.
With exquisite wines and carefully concocted cocktails that perfectly compliment your food, take pleasure in a unique dining experience in gorgeous surroundings while you are taken care of by an expert team.
- AA AA 3 Rosettes 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Taste of England Award – Bronze 2015
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good59
- PigginhungryTrip Type:CouplesFab hotel but poor restaurant experienceSunday, 25th November 2018Love Rockliffe! Spa & rooms great, however after now trying the Orangery twice I would not return. Firstly it lacks atmosphere and service is average. Had the 10 course tasting menu which wasn’t... Read full review
- 420christinejLiverpool, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessAmazing foodMonday, 10th December 2018The food and its delivery to table is an art of entertainment. Superb. The cost is high but the quality and variety of food is worth it for a special occasion. Read full review
- Michael HMiddlesbroughTrip Type:CouplesOrangery tasting menuMonday, 17th December 2018Delightful meal last night at the Orangery, the ten course tasting menu was a delicious. The flavours were fantastic and the service from Liam and Munga was first class. I also chose the wine flight... Read full review
- Access Statement - See Below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 220 car parking spaces.
|Season (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
|Tuesday - Saturday||19:00||- 21:30|
|Bank Holiday||19:00||- 21:30|
Map & Directions
From the airport turn right toward A67. At the roundabout take the 3rd exit. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit on to the A67. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A66. At Darlington Football Club roundabout (A67) take the 1st exit onto Neasham Road. Turn right onto Roundhill Road, sign posted Hurworth. Follow the round for approximately 1 mile into the village of Hurworth. At the T Junction turn right and follow the road for a short while and the hotel is located on the left hand side shortly after the pedestrian lights.
Public Transport Directions
Just five minutes from Darlington Railway Station, ten minutes from Durham Tees Valley Airport and fifty minutes from Newcastle International Airport.