The Orangery restaurant offers a dining experience like no other, with a garden-to-plate ethos and exceptional wine pairings from some of the world’s most exquisite vineyards.
Many of the dishes use ingredients foraged from the Rockliffe estate or grown within the kitchen garden. Each night guests go on a unique food journey with his carefully crafted a la carte and tasting menu experiences.
The tasting menu can be enhanced with exquisite wines from around the world specially selected by our Sommelier team. Our mixologists are on hand to concoct delicious cocktails and you'll enjoy first class service from our hospitable team.
The Orangery restaurant is open Wednesday to Sunday evenings from 6.30pm to 9.30pm. Please notify us of any special dietary requirements or food allergies on booking.
- AA AA 4 Rosettes 2018
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Taste of England Award – Bronze 2015
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good60
- 1a2b3cjjjjjjjjjjjjjjTrip Type:CouplesGary Duffy star Head ChefSaturday, 15th February 2020We dined in the Orangery and stayed in Southampton suit. We had the six course tasting menu cooked by head chef Garry Duffy and his team. Every course was divine but i have to highlight two - the... Read full review
- Jmanser1409Whitby, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat foodSunday, 16th February 2020We had a meal in the orangey while staying at rockcliffe we could choose from a taster menu or the a la carte menu. We chose the a la carte menu and wasn’t disappointed. I am coeliac and nothing was... Read full review
- stephenlythLiverpool, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGary Duffy Head Chef, DerekSunday, 16th February 2020Gary Duffy Head Chef, Derek & David Sommeliers, the rest of the Orangery team , Robin in the Spa, Manson on concierge, thank you for making our weekend truly memorable and wonderful You people... Read full review
- Access Statement - See Below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 220 car parking spaces.
|Season (1 July 2019 - 1 July 2020)|
|Monday - Tuesday||Closed|
|Wednesday - Sunday||18:30||- 21:30|
Map & Directions
From the airport turn right toward A67. At the roundabout take the 3rd exit. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit on to the A67. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A66. At Darlington Football Club roundabout (A67) take the 1st exit onto Neasham Road. Turn right onto Roundhill Road, sign posted Hurworth. Follow the round for approximately 1 mile into the village of Hurworth. At the T Junction turn right and follow the road for a short while and the hotel is located on the left hand side shortly after the pedestrian lights.
Public Transport Directions
Just five minutes from Darlington Railway Station, ten minutes from Durham Tees Valley Airport and fifty minutes from Newcastle International Airport.