The Grill is designed to serve only locally sourced meats which will always be from sustainable stocks and making extensive use of seasonal elements such as game.
The ethos is to prepare the dishes using classic and simple cooking methods.
The meat, fish and accompanying dishes should always be allowed to speak for themselves.
The locally sourced cheeses, home-made desserts and breads will add the classic feel of a much lived and rare English style Grill room.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Dinner 2 course||from £15.00 to £20.00 average price per head|
|Lunch (main course)||from £10.00 to £17.00 average price per head|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous Northumbria in Bloom - Pubs and Hotels Silver 2017 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good34
- Havago1Burton upon Trent, United KingdomTrip Type:Couples1 nightFriday, 31st August 2018Really friendly and professional place to stay. Quiet and comfortable. Lovely breakfast and evening meal. Read full review
- Alysia JTrip Type:FamilyExcellent serviceTuesday, 11th September 2018We had the wake for my aunt's funeral here and all the staff made a difficult time a lot easier for us. The spacious room is lovely for any occasion where a large group of people are brought together... Read full review
- CraigveryhappyNewton Aycliffe, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesThe Bishops GrillWednesday, 17th October 2018what a pleasant surprise we have had many afternoon teas here and never once been disappointed but we had to try an evening meal again we weren't let down the food is amazing, the staff are on... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Pets accepted
|Season (1 Jan 2018 - 30 Dec 2018)|
|Monday - Wednesday||11:00||- 21:00|
|Thursday - Saturday||18:00||- 22:00|
|Bank Holiday||11:00||- 21:00|
* The main menu is available in our extended bar area from 11am-9pm every day apart from Sunday when it’s available from 5pm to 9pm and features classic British dishes as well as your favourite international dishes.