The Grill is designed to serve only locally sourced meats which will always be from sustainable stocks and making extensive use of seasonal elements such as game.
The ethos is to prepare the dishes using classic and simple cooking methods.
The meat, fish and accompanying dishes should always be allowed to speak for themselves.
The locally sourced cheeses, home-made desserts and breads will add the classic feel of a much lived and rare English style Grill room.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Dinner 2 course||£15.00 average price per head|
|Lunch (main course)||£10.00 average price per head|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Northumbria in Bloom - Pubs and Hotels Silver 2017 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good43
- LafybugByers Green, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLovely Christmas Day family lunchSunday, 12th January 2020We had a really nice Christmas day lunch here, yes it was a lot of money but the food was good, service was excellent, friendly and efficient. The restaurant and bar was incredibly busy but it didnt... Read full review
- Band0gCarlisle, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessExcellentTuesday, 28th January 2020I stopped overnight and tried the Bishops Grill Restaurant. I had the Chinese Chicken Curry with half chips and half rice. The food was superb and i couldn't find fault with any of it. The portions... Read full review
- ScottkingBishop Auckland, United KingdomVery Disappointing.Sunday, 23rd February 2020Considering all the good reviews there are on Tripadvisor for this restaurant I can only guess we may have gone on a bad day as it was so terrible. If you like school dinner slop then good as... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Pets accepted
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Wednesday||11:00||- 21:00|
|Thursday - Saturday||18:00||- 22:00|
|Bank Holiday||11:00||- 21:00|
* The main menu is available in our extended bar area from 11am-9pm every day apart from Sunday when it’s available from 5pm to 9pm and features classic British dishes as well as your favourite international dishes.