Open from 11am, start your day with a relaxing tea or coffee sitting in our refurbished bar with wood burning stove and a comfy chair. Alternatively, when the sun shines in our outside area you can relax, eat and drink and take in the superb surroundings with your children and dogs.
Lunches are served from 12 noon providing locally sourced produce, lovingly prepared on the premises and turned into good, traditional home cooked meals which arouse magical memories of smells and tastes of bygone days created in the kitchens of parents and grandparents. Small and regular plates are available for a naughty snack or grab something to ‘tide you over’ or for the hearty plate lovers we can certainly satisfy the hungrier appetite.
From 4pm the menu changes. Couples, families and groups of friends alike gather in the comfortable, unfussy surroundings to huddle on a pew together and enjoy a banquet of their choice. A table full of snacks to while away the hours or a plate of their own to savour and delight...the choice is yours. Vegan and Vegetarian choices are always available and we have a varied selection of Good Wines and quality hand pulled Cask Ales for the discerning Ale drinker.
"Events are our speciality where we can offer you a bespoke package for a Wedding, Christening, Birthday or any other occasion. Our marquee is the ideal venue for a private function just give us a call and we can discuss your requirements further."
For further information and opening times please visit our website at https://thecrownatmickleton.co.uk/
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good118
- Sandra TDurham, United KingdomFabulous country pub/restaurantSunday, 10th November 2019We were recomended by a freind to try this pub for Sunday lunch which has an amazing repution. We visited whilst on a little road trip as it is not close to where we live (more's the pity) and we... Read full review
- planehopper_8cheshireTrip Type:Friends getawayEvening mealTuesday, 19th November 2019Lovely place and friendly staff. Table for 4 people and Poppy dog . Starters of black pudding were amazing and mains of fish and chips perfect . Couldn’t fault any of the food . Read full review
- StowslaladDarlington, United KingdomOverpriced, over-rated and under-cookedSaturday, 30th November 2019Probably the worst fish and chips we have ever had: the batter was grossly under-cooked; goodness know how since the haddock was caught or when the chips were first cooked. The waitress was politely... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* * Bar open Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun 11:00 am – Close
* Kitchen open Thurs 12:00 – 20:00, Fri 12:00 – 21:00, Sat 12:00 – 21:00, Sun 12:00 – 16:00
* Please note on Bank Holiday Mondays we are open for food service 12:00 - 16:00 and bar service 11:00 am to close.