The Courtyard Café
Tel: +44 0191 334 2932
The contemporary café is located within Palace Green Library with its glass roof it offers stunning views of the Cathedral towers. Try one of our signature quiches, a twist on a classic. Bacon, Gruyere cheese and caramelised onions, garnished with fresh salad.
Well worth hunting out this hidden gem.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good18
- J_R_Evans1Trip Type:BusinessExceptionally rude staffWednesday, 13th March 2019I arrived shortly after 12:30 to a largely empty café (there was a group of three at one table, a lady sitting on a settee, and a gentleman—the fact he was marking essays leads me to assume that he... Read full review
- lottiep97Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayIncredibly rude staff... nice millionaire's shortbreadThursday, 14th March 2019A member of staff made us feel very unwelcome and uncomfortable from the moment we walked in. Whilst looking at the options for a matter of seconds (no queue whatsoever), we were rudely hurried... Read full review
- annie2271Auckland, New ZealandTrip Type:Solo travelUnwelcomingThursday, 16th May 2019As it was mid morning and there was only one couple in the cafe, I decided to stop and have a drink/ snack whilst going over some notes. I bought a drink and piece of cake (not wanting to just buy a... Read full review
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Open daily, 0930-1630. Closed 24,25 Dec & 1 Jan.