The Courtyard Café
Tel: +44 0191 334 2932
The contemporary café is located within Palace Green Library with its glass roof it offers stunning views of the Cathedral towers. Try one of our signature quiches, a twist on a classic. Bacon, Gruyere cheese and caramelised onions, garnished with fresh salad.
Well worth hunting out this hidden gem.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good17
- awayadayEnglandTrip Type:Friends getawayVery rude staffSunday, 2nd December 2018This café is with in Durham university library on Palace Green. The library staff are really friendly and knowledgeable and helpful about the exhibitions in the museum. It's a shame you can't say the... Read full review
- travellergeorge80sTrip Type:CouplesQuiet and well-hidden - ideal as a place to hold a business meetingTuesday, 8th January 2019Basic coffee shop inside the Library, which you can freely access - it's hidden around the left corner past the reception desk. The place is spacious and quiet, making it ideal for a meeting spot for... Read full review
- bluelizardN WalesTrip Type:Solo travelServed its purpose but wouldn't rush backSaturday, 12th January 2019Popped in for a soya latte on a Sat afternoon. Only one other customer there, an elderly female chatting with the one member of staff. Service was friendly and polite. Drink arrived quickly. Ok... Read full review
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Open daily, 0930-1630. Closed 24,25 Dec & 1 Jan.