Trevor, Pat, Ben & Jay would like to welcome you to our family run award winning country pub in the City of Durham. Our food is freshly prepared, locally sourced & home cooked. We have dishes to suit all however if you do not see your favourite dish from a lobster thermadore to a pan haggerty or dietary requirements we will try to accommodate you. We pride ourselves on using as much local produce as possible including meat, fish, seasonal vegetables, cheeses and butter.
If its drinks your after then Ben my Son will be willing to help you with his passion for Drinks, knowledge of his real ales and wide selection of spirits including 120 plus Gins, Whiskies, Vodkas, Cocktails & Wines. Ask him for his recommendations.
We also have our new venue, Old Tom's Gin Bar in Durham City serving Gins from around the world and the Tin of Sardines Gin Bar also in Durham City and probably the smallest Gin bar in the world.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Dinner||£8.95 average price per head|
|Sunday Lunch||£9.95 average price per head|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Best Bar None 2014
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good212
- katie bDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayPoor overallMonday, 28th January 2019Attended the court inn, with a party of 23, poor customer service from bar staff & waitress service, ran out of post-mixers, no ice buckets or wine chillers for bottle, bar staff argumentative at... Read full review
- jonboymansfieldDurhamTrip Type:CouplesCourt innWednesday, 30th January 2019Ordered a pint of real ale and a glass of wine £9.45, £2 more expensive than a pub 200 yards away. We had a meal in the back room which was ok but nothing special. Read full review
- MrsJD2007Middlesbrough, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayOh what to have!Tuesday, 12th February 2019There is so much to choose from in here, drinks and food! As I was going out for tea and know the food is filling I opted for chip butty with gravy! Just £5 and comes with a bread bun. Home cooked... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Pets accepted
|2018/19 (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Tuesday||11:00||- 23:00|
|Wednesday - Saturday||11:00||- 23:30|
|Bank Holiday||11:00||- 23:00|