Trevor, Pat, Ben & Jay would like to welcome you to our family run award winning country pub in the City of Durham. Our food is freshly prepared, locally sourced & home cooked. We have dishes to suit all however if you do not see your favourite dish from a lobster thermadore to a pan haggerty or dietary requirements we will try to accommodate you. We pride ourselves on using as much local produce as possible including meat, fish, seasonal vegetables, cheeses and butter.
If its drinks your after then Ben my Son will be willing to help you with his passion for Drinks, knowledge of his real ales and wide selection of spirits including 120 plus Gins, Whiskies, Vodkas, Cocktails & Wines. Ask him for his recommendations.
We also have our new venue, Old Tom's Gin Bar in Durham City serving Gins from around the world and the Tin of Sardines Gin Bar also in Durham City and probably the smallest Gin bar in the world.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Dinner||£8.95 average price per head|
|Sunday Lunch||£9.95 average price per head|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Best Bar None 2014
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good208
- jessicahbearTrip Type:Friends getawayHello goodbyeSaturday, 8th December 201822 of us came for our Christmas night out. Turned up at our pre booked time of 6pm and were shown to our table. We were then given a speech telling us we had to gone by 8pm as they had a party of 73... Read full review
- Alan_SAFCCoventry, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSunday lunchSunday, 9th December 2018The roast meats and accompanying veg were delicious and all nicely cooked. However, my wife’s vegetarian option (a nut roast) was tasteless and lacking in texture. It remained uneaten. Shame really... Read full review
- carolec322Trip Type:BusinessLess than averageFriday, 14th December 2018Attended last Christmas for work party and thought we'd revisit as it was very good in 2017. Very disappointed with this evening's Christmas fayre and things have gone downhill in a big way. Mature... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Pets accepted
|2018 (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
|Monday - Tuesday||11:00||- 23:00|
|Wednesday - Saturday||11:00||- 23:30|
|Bank Holiday||11:00||- 23:00|