Trevor, Pat, Ben & Jay would like to welcome you to our family run award winning country pub in the City of Durham. Our food is freshly prepared, locally sourced & home cooked. We have dishes to suit all however if you do not see your favourite dish from a lobster thermadore to a pan haggerty or dietary requirements we will try to accommodate you. We pride ourselves on using as much local produce as possible including meat, fish, seasonal vegetables, cheeses and butter.
If its drinks your after then Ben my Son will be willing to help you with his passion for Drinks, knowledge of his real ales and wide selection of spirits including 120 plus Gins, Whiskies, Vodkas, Cocktails & Wines. Ask him for his recommendations.
We also have our new venue, Old Tom's Gin Bar in Durham City serving Gins from around the world and the Tin of Sardines Gin Bar also in Durham City and probably the smallest Gin bar in the world.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Dinner||£8.95 average price per head|
|Sunday Lunch||£9.95 average price per head|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Best Bar None 2014
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good203
- Andrew SDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat carvery! Sunday dinner!Sunday, 21st October 2018We hadn't booked but it's probably advised, it was very busy but we managed to get a table in the bar. We bought the carvery vouchers from the bar an ordered drinks. Absolutely huge selection of... Read full review
- MrsP52Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSunday carveryTuesday, 9th October 2018We hadn’t eaten here on a Sunday so a new experience. We didn’t book as it was just me and the husband so we turned up at about 12:30. The restaurant was already buzzing with families but a couple of... Read full review
- karenah73Durham, UKTrip Type:FamilyWoefully understaffed and over crowdedSunday, 7th October 2018Visited on Sunday 7th and had a fifteen minute wait for a table. We were seated next to another table with both tables sharing a bench seat. As there was very little room between each table, every... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Pets accepted
|2018 (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
|Monday - Tuesday||11:00||- 23:00|
|Wednesday - Saturday||11:00||- 23:30|
|Bank Holiday||11:00||- 23:00|