The only licenced café where you can enjoy freshly made sandwiches and toasties, delicious fruit scones with jam or an indulgent slice of cake, whilst enjoying the unrestricted views of Durham Cathedral and Castle on a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Table service means you can sit, relax and enjoy!
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good77
- christelSeaford, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesVery nice lunchTuesday, 11th September 2018Popped in here today after our castle tour for a bite to eat. Enjoyed my halloumi and chickpea salad with spicy pesto and OH had a huge bacon and cheese toastie. Crisps with that were stale but his... Read full review
- benben9NorthamptonTrip Type:FamilyGrimFriday, 5th October 2018On first sight this place is unwelcoming. A rather sad looking selection of cakes was on show, and then you go into the café itself and the décor is uninspiring and rather depressing. Hardly service... Read full review
- 971janiceaLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat location and tasty soupMonday, 26th November 2018We loved this cafe, which we visited on a cold afternoon. The staff were friendly and helpful and service was good. The soup was delicious and very reasonably priced. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|Season (2 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Open daily, Jan, Feb, 0900-1600; Mar, Apr, May, Oct, 0900-1700; Jun-Sep, 0900-1800. Closed 24,25 Dec & 1 Jan (restricted opening times between Christmas and New year).
Map & Directions
Beside the cathedral on Palace Green.
Public Transport Directions
During the day Durham Cathedral Bus runs to Palace Green via the Market Place from Freeman's Place coach and car parks and the Rail Station. For timetable telephone Traveline on 0871 200 22 33.