The only licenced café where you can enjoy freshly made sandwiches and toasties, delicious fruit scones with jam or an indulgent slice of cake, whilst enjoying the unrestricted views of Durham Cathedral and Castle on a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Table service means you can sit, relax and enjoy!
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good69
- JamesK1975Hatfield, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyNice placeThursday, 7th June 2018Called in late afternoon for a coffee and a scone. Staff were friendly and helpful. The coffee was good, but the scone was amazing! Read full review
- Rod BScunthorpe, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesHandy CafeTuesday, 5th June 2018Once we'd completed our tour round the Castle and visited the Cathedral, we were ready for some food and drink. The Cafe on the Green provided a good choice of menu, quick service and good value... Read full review
- julie cConwy, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNice stopoverFriday, 1st June 2018We went two days on the trot, one day for cold drinks just before they closed and once just before lunch. Very warm on both days, sat outside, the waitresses working very hard in the heat with all... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|Season (2 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Open daily, Jan, Feb, 0900-1600; Mar, Apr, May, Oct, 0900-1700; Jun-Sep, 0900-1800. Closed 24,25 Dec & 1 Jan (restricted opening times between Christmas and New year).
Map & Directions
Beside the cathedral on Palace Green.
Public Transport Directions
During the day Durham Cathedral Bus runs to Palace Green via the Market Place from Freeman's Place coach and car parks and the Rail Station. For timetable telephone Traveline on 0871 200 22 33.