The only licenced café where you can enjoy freshly made sandwiches and toasties, delicious fruit scones with jam or an indulgent slice of cake, whilst enjoying the unrestricted views of Durham Cathedral and Castle on a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Table service means you can sit, relax and enjoy!
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good64
- David STrip Type:FamilyThe potential is not realised but it is still very good.Saturday, 16th December 2017A perfect location in the square outside the cathedral and castle. An old alms house with a n interesting interior and some pretty good light lunches: the soup, sandwich, toast and panini style of... Read full review
- TonyR438Tynemouth, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesIt used to be quite niceFriday, 17th November 2017Three staff and not many visitors; nevertheless, we had to wait a while to be assigned a place. When this finally happened we were given a menu, though we said that we knew what we wanted. We... Read full review
- Karen RDerby, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSuper sandwichesFriday, 10th November 2017Stopped here for a light lunch before visiting the Cathedral. We both had sandwiches - one was chicken, the other was ham. The sandwiches were really substantial and filled to overflowing - the ham... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|Season (2 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Open daily, Jan, Feb, 0900-1600; Mar, Apr, May, Oct, 0900-1700; Jun-Sep, 0900-1800. Closed 24,25 Dec & 1 Jan (restricted opening times between Christmas and New year).
Map & Directions
Beside the cathedral on Palace Green.
Public Transport Directions
During the day Durham Cathedral Bus runs to Palace Green via the Market Place from Freeman's Place coach and car parks and the Rail Station. For timetable telephone Traveline on 0871 200 22 33.