The only licenced café where you can enjoy freshly made sandwiches and toasties, delicious fruit scones with jam or an indulgent slice of cake, whilst enjoying the unrestricted views of Durham Cathedral and Castle on a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Table service means you can sit, relax and enjoy!
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good75
- Colchester98UKTrip Type:CouplesExpensive.....the soup wasnt enough for a childWednesday, 15th August 2018The tiniest pot of soup, and only 3/4 full.....so expensive for the price including a roll. Service was slow too and you obviously paid for the location. Wish I'd held on for one of the mamy eating... Read full review
- BlackpoolJoBlackpoolTrip Type:Friends getawayCoffee and cakeMonday, 6th August 2018A lovely little cafe facing the green, very nice and lovely staff, I had a scrummy lemon tart and cappachino before our tour Read full review
- littledormouseGlasgow, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLovely cafe with good, friendly service.Monday, 6th August 2018We were lucky that the weather was glorious during our visit, allowing us to take advantage of the outside seating and wonderful view of the cathedral, castle and associated historic buildings... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|Season (2 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Open daily, Jan, Feb, 0900-1600; Mar, Apr, May, Oct, 0900-1700; Jun-Sep, 0900-1800. Closed 24,25 Dec & 1 Jan (restricted opening times between Christmas and New year).
Map & Directions
Beside the cathedral on Palace Green.
Public Transport Directions
During the day Durham Cathedral Bus runs to Palace Green via the Market Place from Freeman's Place coach and car parks and the Rail Station. For timetable telephone Traveline on 0871 200 22 33.