The only licenced café where you can enjoy freshly made sandwiches and toasties, delicious fruit scones with jam or an indulgent slice of cake, whilst enjoying the unrestricted views of Durham Cathedral and Castle on a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Table service means you can sit, relax and enjoy!
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good83
- Jeanne CHarold ParkBest teapots ever!Sunday, 10th November 2019We were so impressed with the teapots that we ordered one when we got home! Had cake and tea; a welcome respite. Prices what you would expect in a touristy area. I bet they are busy in season and... Read full review
- woodie49Brighton, EnglandLovely welcomeSunday, 1st December 2019We had a lovely welcome by the member of staff on a cold November morning, prior to visiting the Cathedral and castle. We only had hot chocolate but loved the old place and had we longer we would... Read full review
- Steve MTrip Type:CouplesSunday Light LunchSunday, 1st December 2019Hi visited this venue Sunday 1st December for lunch. Very busy so called back after visit to Durham Cathedral. Purchased soup and a scone plus pot of tea for me and my wife. Pleasant staff with a... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Open daily, Jan, Feb, 0900-1600; Mar, Apr, May, Oct, 0900-1700; Jun-Sep, 0900-1800. Closed 24,25 Dec & 1 Jan (restricted opening times between Christmas and New year).
Map & Directions
Beside the cathedral on Palace Green.
Public Transport Directions
During the day Durham Cathedral Bus runs to Palace Green via the Market Place from Freeman's Place coach and car parks and the Rail Station. For timetable telephone Traveline on 0871 200 22 33.