The only licenced café where you can enjoy freshly made sandwiches and toasties, delicious fruit scones with jam or an indulgent slice of cake, whilst enjoying the unrestricted views of Durham Cathedral and Castle on a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Table service means you can sit, relax and enjoy!
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good78
- 971janiceaLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat location and tasty soupMonday, 26th November 2018We loved this cafe, which we visited on a cold afternoon. The staff were friendly and helpful and service was good. The soup was delicious and very reasonably priced. Read full review
- travellergeorge80sTrip Type:CouplesVery good, especially on a sunny dayTuesday, 8th January 2019Decent cafe on Palace Green, but there are very few tables outside which tend to be never free. The coffee is good, so are their soups. Give it a try if you're in the area and in need for a break... Read full review
- John MLyon, FranceTrip Type:CouplesDefinitely in the running for the least welcoming place we’ve visited.Monday, 14th January 2019Definitely in the running for the least welcoming place we’ve visited, this place caught our eye after a visit to Durham Cathedral. Couldn't ask for a better location, as it’s situated at the side of... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Open daily, Jan, Feb, 0900-1600; Mar, Apr, May, Oct, 0900-1700; Jun-Sep, 0900-1800. Closed 24,25 Dec & 1 Jan (restricted opening times between Christmas and New year).
Map & Directions
Beside the cathedral on Palace Green.
Public Transport Directions
During the day Durham Cathedral Bus runs to Palace Green via the Market Place from Freeman's Place coach and car parks and the Rail Station. For timetable telephone Traveline on 0871 200 22 33.