The only licenced café where you can enjoy freshly made sandwiches and toasties, delicious fruit scones with jam or an indulgent slice of cake, whilst enjoying the unrestricted views of Durham Cathedral and Castle on a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Table service means you can sit, relax and enjoy!
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good82
- marg826Coventry, United KingdomDelightful spot for a coffeeSunday, 1st September 2019Sitting outside this ancient building drinking excellent coffee and looking up to the Cathedral was a great experience. Read full review
- Karen Jwest midlands u.k.smashing cuppaMonday, 2nd September 2019friendly staff and a great cuppa, food looked lovely but we only wanted a drink. nice and clean with outside seating Read full review
- mgsnorwichNorwich, United KingdomGood cafe, perfect locationFriday, 13th September 2019I had a pot of tea with scones, cream and jam and sat and enjoyed them outside in the sunshine watching the world go by on Palace Green. One of the joys of retirement! The following day I had an... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Open daily, Jan, Feb, 0900-1600; Mar, Apr, May, Oct, 0900-1700; Jun-Sep, 0900-1800. Closed 24,25 Dec & 1 Jan (restricted opening times between Christmas and New year).
Map & Directions
Beside the cathedral on Palace Green.
Public Transport Directions
During the day Durham Cathedral Bus runs to Palace Green via the Market Place from Freeman's Place coach and car parks and the Rail Station. For timetable telephone Traveline on 0871 200 22 33.