The only licenced café where you can enjoy freshly made sandwiches and toasties, delicious fruit scones with jam or an indulgent slice of cake, whilst enjoying the unrestricted views of Durham Cathedral and Castle on a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Table service means you can sit, relax and enjoy!
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good83
- Steve MTrip Type:CouplesSunday Light LunchSunday, 1st December 2019Hi visited this venue Sunday 1st December for lunch. Very busy so called back after visit to Durham Cathedral. Purchased soup and a scone plus pot of tea for me and my wife. Pleasant staff with a... Read full review
- cderiiBishop Auckland, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayMessy and dissapointingSunday, 2nd February 2020We had this place recommended to us but we didnt stop as when we went it wasnt very busy. More than half the tables were available but they were all dirty or uncleared even though there were staff... Read full review
- Matt SNottingham, United KingdomNice toastiesThursday, 13th February 2020Stopped here a couple of times for warming hot chocolate. Staff were polite and the toasties were very nice too Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Open daily, Jan, Feb, 0900-1600; Mar, Apr, May, Oct, 0900-1700; Jun-Sep, 0900-1800. Closed 24,25 Dec & 1 Jan (restricted opening times between Christmas and New year).
Map & Directions
Beside the cathedral on Palace Green.
Public Transport Directions
During the day Durham Cathedral Bus runs to Palace Green via the Market Place from Freeman's Place coach and car parks and the Rail Station. For timetable telephone Traveline on 0871 200 22 33.