The only licenced café where you can enjoy freshly made sandwiches and toasties, delicious fruit scones with jam or an indulgent slice of cake, whilst enjoying the unrestricted views of Durham Cathedral and Castle on a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Table service means you can sit, relax and enjoy!
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good80
- citychick-11Sheffield, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDelicious scones and teaSunday, 14th April 2019Delicious scones and tea here and lots of seating. Wait to be served by friendly staff. Plenty of choice and not expensive. Plus some lovely art work on the walls that can be purchased by local... Read full review
- sjs1205Pulborough, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSimple but enjoyable food served in historic settingThursday, 2nd May 2019Good selection of snacks and drinks. The soup was delicious. Friendly and helpful staff. Very convenient for cathedral or castle visits. Read full review
- Clare LYorkshire, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGood coffee and cake break betwen cathedral and castleSunday, 19th May 2019Nice place to stop for a drink and cake. Both coffee and tea were good quality (loose leaf in a pot that pours well !!!!), Very tempting range of cakes and tray bakes too. There's plenty of seating... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Open daily, Jan, Feb, 0900-1600; Mar, Apr, May, Oct, 0900-1700; Jun-Sep, 0900-1800. Closed 24,25 Dec & 1 Jan (restricted opening times between Christmas and New year).
Map & Directions
Beside the cathedral on Palace Green.
Public Transport Directions
During the day Durham Cathedral Bus runs to Palace Green via the Market Place from Freeman's Place coach and car parks and the Rail Station. For timetable telephone Traveline on 0871 200 22 33.