The only licenced café where you can enjoy freshly made sandwiches and toasties, delicious fruit scones with jam or an indulgent slice of cake, whilst enjoying the unrestricted views of Durham Cathedral and Castle on a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Table service means you can sit, relax and enjoy!
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good83
- mgsnorwichNorwich, United KingdomGood cafe, perfect locationFriday, 13th September 2019I had a pot of tea with scones, cream and jam and sat and enjoyed them outside in the sunshine watching the world go by on Palace Green. One of the joys of retirement! The following day I had an... Read full review
- Ian OTrip Type:FamilyQuick coffee.Thursday, 31st October 2019Rude staff. Blank stare from the woman serving. Average coffee. Least friendly place in Durham. Disappointing. Read full review
- Jeanne CHarold ParkBest teapots ever!Sunday, 10th November 2019We were so impressed with the teapots that we ordered one when we got home! Had cake and tea; a welcome respite. Prices what you would expect in a touristy area. I bet they are busy in season and... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Open daily, Jan, Feb, 0900-1600; Mar, Apr, May, Oct, 0900-1700; Jun-Sep, 0900-1800. Closed 24,25 Dec & 1 Jan (restricted opening times between Christmas and New year).
Map & Directions
Beside the cathedral on Palace Green.
Public Transport Directions
During the day Durham Cathedral Bus runs to Palace Green via the Market Place from Freeman's Place coach and car parks and the Rail Station. For timetable telephone Traveline on 0871 200 22 33.