The only licenced café where you can enjoy freshly made sandwiches and toasties, delicious fruit scones with jam or an indulgent slice of cake, whilst enjoying the unrestricted views of Durham Cathedral and Castle on a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Table service means you can sit, relax and enjoy!
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good66
- Annette JUnited KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelCalm & Relaxing...Tuesday, 22nd May 2018A quick coffee turned into a leisurely hour gazing around the Palace Green while I luxuriated in the sunshine, sipping my freshly brewed coffee and nibbling my very chocolatey chocolate cake. I... Read full review
- IanDM45Stirling, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDisorganised!Friday, 11th May 2018Went to this place twice earlier this week. First time was mid morning and almost empty.Service for a quick coffee prior to touring the cathedral nearby was great as was the coffee. Following day... Read full review
- stan360SurreyTrip Type:CouplesTerrible serviceMonday, 16th April 2018Terrible service. Sat outside having seen it was table service. No one came for 20 minutes. Another couple arrived and were served. We asked if we could order but waitress said there were several... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|Season (2 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Open daily, Jan, Feb, 0900-1600; Mar, Apr, May, Oct, 0900-1700; Jun-Sep, 0900-1800. Closed 24,25 Dec & 1 Jan (restricted opening times between Christmas and New year).
Map & Directions
Beside the cathedral on Palace Green.
Public Transport Directions
During the day Durham Cathedral Bus runs to Palace Green via the Market Place from Freeman's Place coach and car parks and the Rail Station. For timetable telephone Traveline on 0871 200 22 33.