Whatever the occasion Best Western Whitworth Hall Hotel can offer you a dining experience you will remember for all the right reasons.
Whether it is a romantic dinner for you and a loved one or a celebration for you and your family and friends we can offer a selection of menus that offer something for everyone's taste.
We can also offer private dining in both of our restaurants, however, this facility does carry a room hire charge - price on application.
Where better to start your day than enjoying breakfast in our Brasserie or Library restaurant with morning views over the deer park.
The Library restaurant is the oldest part of the house and is elegantly decorated serving an extensive al a carte menu.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good16
- Julie AWinchester, United KingdomDelicious meal!Tuesday, 31st December 2019The menu was varied with plenty of choice and the dishes were all beautifully presented. There were not many fellow diners so perhaps this spoiled the ambience a little. We were however rather... Read full review
- trennison39Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBirthday afternoon teaSaturday, 14th March 20203 friends and I went for afternoon tea mon9th March.They had organised it as a birthday treat for me and was a wonderful surprise. The staff were polite and attentive without being intrusive. Tea... Read full review
- Claire CTrip Type:FamilyCurrently mediocreSunday, 16th August 2020I expected this restaurant to be a lot better given the formal nature, and the prices. I fully appreciate that there may have been some staff changes and shortages due to covid, so this meal may not... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||18:00||- 23:00|
* Sunday lunch 1200-1400.
Map & Directions
From A1(M), jct 61, follow signs for Spennymoor (A688). Take road to 'Spennymoor Town Centre' and then follow signs for A688 Bishop Auckland. At the traffic lights turn right. Whitworth Hall is 2 miles on the right.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest public transport is 2 miles away.