Offering: A Collection Service - open for takeaways Wed, Sat and Sun 10am – 4pm
Living in Vienna, Salzburg and various places in South Germany, I experienced ‘Kaffeehäuser’ as unique meeting places with great atmosphere where quality coffee and homemade products were of paramount importance.
In line with this heritage, Kaffeehaus Amadeus embodies my passion for great coffee, quality food and a good conversation. Embracing my own Austrian-German heritage, it is my aim to create something unique and to offer a counter culture to all the ‘sameness’ of coffee shops up and down the country.
Here at Kaffeehaus Amadeus in Lanchester my team and I endeavour to craft an atmosphere where you can relax and enjoy great coffee, cakes, bread, and chocolate. We believe in quality and freshness and therefore all our products are made and prepared on site and my coffee is as fresh as it can get: freshly roasted each week and only ground on demand to deliver the best flavour in your cup. We believe in great customer service: we like to get to know our customers and if time allows enjoy a good conversation.
We’re passionate bakers here at Kaffeehaus Amadeus and bake all of our bread and cakes here on the premise which means that we know exactly what goes into them.
If you fancy something savoury we do serve a range of tasty snacks, light lunches and continental breakfasts that are guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling!
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good26
- e MWest YorkshireTrip Type:Solo travelFabulous Austrian Coffee ShopWednesday, 5th February 2020Amazing coffee shop in Lanchester. Recommended by my sister I gave it a try and was not disappointed. Friendly staff, excellent coffee and a delicious breakfast. Too full do couldn't eat a cake... Read full review
- hollands73Lanchester, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA small piece of Austria, in DurhamMonday, 10th February 2020If you’ve been to Austria, then you’ll know that this is a genuine Kaffeehaus, run by an Austrian family. It’s high standard but small menu has everything you would expect and a full range of... Read full review
- SiobhanmaxineDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBest hot chocolateSaturday, 23rd January 2021Since lockdown 3 started my life pretty much revolves around going for a walk and finding nice places for a hot chocolate with my daughter. This place does the best I’ve had in ages. Lovely friendly... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking - Free on-street parking in village.
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Tuesday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 17:00|