Living in Vienna, Salzburg and various places in South Germany, I experienced ‘Kaffeehäuser’ as unique meeting places with great atmosphere where quality coffee and homemade products were of paramount importance.
In line with this heritage, Kaffeehaus Amadeus embodies my passion for great coffee, quality food and a good conversation. Embracing my own Austrian-German heritage, it is my aim to create something unique and to offer a counter culture to all the ‘sameness’ of coffee shops up and down the country.
Here at Kaffeehaus Amadeus in Lanchester my team and I endeavour to craft an atmosphere where you can relax and enjoy great coffee, cakes, bread, and chocolate. We believe in quality and freshness and therefore all our products are made and prepared on site and my coffee is as fresh as it can get: freshly roasted each week and only ground on demand to deliver the best flavour in your cup. We believe in great customer service: we like to get to know our customers and if time allows enjoy a good conversation.
We’re passionate bakers here at Kaffeehaus Amadeus and bake all of our bread and cakes here on the premise which means that we know exactly what goes into them.
If you fancy something savoury we do serve a range of tasty snacks, light lunches and continental breakfasts that are guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling!
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good26
- O3396AUkatedMount Waverley, AustraliaTrip Type:FamilyHigh QualitySaturday, 11th January 2020Had a lovely family lunch here today. Two of us had the organic vegetable soup of the day and it was wonderful! There was a delicate spicy element to it, which was unexpected but delightful! The... Read full review
- e MWest YorkshireTrip Type:Solo travelFabulous Austrian Coffee ShopWednesday, 5th February 2020Amazing coffee shop in Lanchester. Recommended by my sister I gave it a try and was not disappointed. Friendly staff, excellent coffee and a delicious breakfast. Too full do couldn't eat a cake... Read full review
- hollands73Lanchester, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA small piece of Austria, in DurhamMonday, 10th February 2020If you’ve been to Austria, then you’ll know that this is a genuine Kaffeehaus, run by an Austrian family. It’s high standard but small menu has everything you would expect and a full range of... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking - Free on-street parking in village.
|Season (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Tuesday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 17:00|