Offering: A Collection Service - open for takeaways Wed, Sat and Sun 10am – 4pm
Living in Vienna, Salzburg and various places in South Germany, I experienced ‘Kaffeehäuser’ as unique meeting places with great atmosphere where quality coffee and homemade products were of paramount importance.
In line with this heritage, Kaffeehaus Amadeus embodies my passion for great coffee, quality food and a good conversation. Embracing my own Austrian-German heritage, it is my aim to create something unique and to offer a counter culture to all the ‘sameness’ of coffee shops up and down the country.
Here at Kaffeehaus Amadeus in Lanchester my team and I endeavour to craft an atmosphere where you can relax and enjoy great coffee, cakes, bread, and chocolate. We believe in quality and freshness and therefore all our products are made and prepared on site and my coffee is as fresh as it can get: freshly roasted each week and only ground on demand to deliver the best flavour in your cup. We believe in great customer service: we like to get to know our customers and if time allows enjoy a good conversation.
We’re passionate bakers here at Kaffeehaus Amadeus and bake all of our bread and cakes here on the premise which means that we know exactly what goes into them.
If you fancy something savoury we do serve a range of tasty snacks, light lunches and continental breakfasts that are guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling!
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good26
- paulgardiner95Stirling, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDelightful cafeSunday, 30th May 2021Cosy cafe with plenty of choice such as pancakes and waffles. The staff are both friendly and make you feel welcome. Worth a visit if looking for a cafe to stop at. Read full review
- Anne-Marie TWatford, United KingdomLove this cafe!Sunday, 11th July 2021This is my favourite coffee shop in County Durham - the coffee is great, the cakes are fantastic, the staff are friendly and it's dog friendly too! Read full review
- Geraldine BWest Sussex, United KingdomWonderful discovery!Monday, 13th September 2021A chance discovery (thanks to Tripadvisor) but what a find! We loved the Austrian influences, Jause snacks and cakes. I'm gluten free which can be problematic but Bernhard thoughtfully produced a... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking - Free on-street parking in village.
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Tuesday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 17:00|