The Bowes Museum is a wonderful destination for groups, offering a perfect balance of relaxation and inspiration. With three floors of galleries and twenty acres of gardens and parkland, there is plenty to explore. Our experienced and friendly Groups Coordinator will take time to understand your group’s unique personality and help you create your ideal itinerary.
You have the freedom to explore the Museum at your leisure, take advantage of a complementary tour with one of our knowledgeable volunteer guides, or go behind the scenes in the conservation studios or the library and archives. Specialist groups have the opportunity to experience private tours with the Museum's curators, exploring the World-class ceramics, paintings, or textiles collections in fascinating detail.
Our head chef will prepare excellent food for you using local produce. Choose from delicious afternoon teas, light options or heartier fayre. Visit Café Bowes at your leisure, or treat yourselves to relaxed private dining in the bright and elegant Jubilee Room and enjoy spectacular views over the Teesdale countryside.
For groups who love to explore, the attractive historic market town of Barnard Castle with a wide range of independent shops is just a short walk from the Museum.
Discounted admission rate of £10.00 per person, for groups of 12 or more
Free admission for your group organiser
Free admission and a Café Bowes voucher for your coach driver
Complimentary guided tour for your group
Free coach parking on hard standing
Free preview visit for you and a guest
Groups of 20 or more can also enjoy free exclusive use of the luxurious Jubilee Room, splendidly decorated with silks and a chandelier with views over the beautiful surrounding Teesdale countryside.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS VB Attraction
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Free/Discounted Meals for Tour Guide
- Groups: Lunch Catered For
- Groups: Refreshments Catered For
Parking & Transport
- Coach Drop Off / Pick Up Point
- Coach Parking Onsite
- Groups: Max Group Size
- Groups: Meet and Greet Services - Booking required.
- Groups: Min Group Size - 12
Travel & Trade
- Free/Discounted Entry for Coach Driver
- Groups: Average Length of Visit - 3 hours.
- Groups: Concessions for Coach Driver, Group Organiser, Tour Guide or Group Supervisor(s)
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 17:00|
* Closed 25 & 26 Dec, 1 Jan. Cafe opening 1000-1630. Shop opening 1000-1645.