At Locomotion you can see highlights of the national collection of railway vehicles in Shildon - the world’s first railway town.
Locomotion offers a great setting for a fun day out, packed with stunning locomotives from the national collection, alongside a conservation workshop, cafe and gift shop.
If you're visiting with a group of 15 or more, book your visit at least three working days in advance to enjoy some special deals:
Join our knowledgeable guides for an exclusive tour of our Must See vehicles.
- Tours last approximately 50 minutes.
- £3 per person.
Group members can enjoy a 10 per cent discount in the Gift Shop - excluding books and models purchases.
Pre-book breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea from our cafe. Please ask for details.
For further information, please get in touch with us.
Advance booking is essential for group visits.
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Access Statement - Locomotion is a wheelchair accessible site
- Groups: Lunch Catered For - Groups can pre order breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea option Dietary requirements to be confirmed one week prior to visit
- Groups: Refreshments Catered For
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Onsite - Free
- On site parking - Free parking
Travel & Trade
- Groups: Booking Essential
- Groups: Concessions for Coach Driver, Group Organiser, Tour Guide or Group Supervisor(s) - Refreshment voucher for coach driver, collect from the welcome desk
|2019 Summer (1 Apr 2019 - 1 Nov 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
|2018/19 Winter (4 Nov 2019 - 31 Mar 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|
* Closed 24–26 December and 1 January