At Locomotion you can see highlights of the national collection of railway vehicles in Shildon - the world’s first railway town.
Locomotion offers a great setting for a fun day out, packed with stunning locomotives from the national collection, alongside a conservation workshop, cafe and gift shop.
If you're visiting with a group of 15 or more, book your visit at least three working days in advance to enjoy some special deals:
Group members can enjoy a 10 per cent discount in the Gift Shop - excluding books and models purchases.
Pre-book breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea from our cafe. Please ask for details.
For further information, please get in touch with us.
Advance booking is essential for group visits.
All images (c) The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum Group
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Access Statement - Locomotion is a wheelchair accessible site
- Groups: Lunch Catered For - Groups can pre order breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea option Dietary requirements to be confirmed one week prior to visit
- Groups: Refreshments Catered For
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Onsite - Free
- On site parking - Free parking
Travel & Trade
- Groups: Booking Essential
- Groups: Concessions for Coach Driver, Group Organiser, Tour Guide or Group Supervisor(s) - Refreshment voucher for coach driver, collect from the welcome desk
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Wednesday - Sunday||10:30||- 16:00|
* Extended opening hours during school holidays (please see our website for details). Over the 2021 Christmas holiday, we will be closed on 24, 25, 26 December.