High Force Waterfall is reputed to be one of England’s tallest waterfalls, nestled in Upper Teesdale it is part of the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The River Tees suddenly and spectacularly drops over the Whin Sill rock, 70 feet into a plunge pool below making it England's highest uninterrupted drop of water.
A pretty and well-maintained woodland walk leads to this breathtaking sight. As you begin the descent down the gentle slope the path twists and turns giving a different view every few yards. The muffled rumble suddenly turns to a roar with a sight that astounds you.
High Force is an excellent stop-off point or base to begin exploring this beautiful area and magnificent countryside, with lots of walks and footpaths starting nearby the High Force car park. The car park has excellent facilities for visitors including toilets and picnic areas. There is ample parking for cars and coaches (charges apply).
Group visits are welcome at High Force Hotel & Waterfall. Entry to the waterfall is £2 per adult and £1 per child, with complimentary entry for the Tour Organiser or Coach Driver. Lunch can be pre-booked at the Hotel, please contact us to request a menu.
Benefits for Groups
If you are travelling with a group of 16 or more people, book your visit in advance and receive the following benefits to make your group visit as easy and stress-free as possible including:
Discounted admission rates
Free coach parking at Raby Castle
Complimentary admission for group organiser
Complimentary refreshment voucher for coach driver
Meet and greet on arrival by a member of the Raby Castle team
Familiarisation visits can be arranged for group organisers and members of the trade prior to group travel
For more information and to book a group visit please contact us via phone on 01833 622 336 or email at email@example.com
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS VB Attraction
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking - Coaches: £25.00. Minibuses: £12.50
- Groups: Booking Essential
- Groups accepted - Admission to the falls: Adults (16+): £2.00, Children (5-15): £1.00
- Groups: Max Coach Group Size - 100
- Groups: Max Group Size - 100
- Groups: Min Coach Group Size - 12
- Groups: Min Group Size - 12
Travel & Trade
- Free/Discounted Entry for Coach Driver
- Free/Discounted Entry for Tour Guide
- Groups: Average Length of Visit - 1 hour for coach groups.
|Open daily, 10am - 4pm (1 Jan 2022 - 24 Dec 2022)|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 17:00|
* Winter Season Nov - Easter 10:00 till 16:00 opening, Summer Season 10:00 till 17:00. In adverse weather it may be necessary to close High Force in the interest of safety. Closed Christmas Day.