High Force Waterfall is reputed to be one of England’s tallest waterfalls, nestled in Upper Teesdale it is part of the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The River Tees suddenly and spectacularly drops over the Whin Sill rock, 70 feet into a plunge pool below making it England's highest uninterrupted drop of water.
A pretty and well-maintained woodland walk leads to this breathtaking sight. As you begin the descent down the gentle slope the path twists and turns giving a different view every few yards. The muffled rumble suddenly turns to a roar with a sight that astounds you.
High Force is an excellent stop-off point or base to begin exploring this beautiful area and magnificent countryside, with lots of walks and footpaths starting nearby the High Force car park. The car park has excellent facilities for visitors including toilets and picnic areas. There is ample parking for cars and coaches (charges apply).
Groups welcomed to High Force.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS VB Attraction
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking - Coaches: £25.00. Minibuses: £12.50
- Groups: Booking Essential
- Groups accepted - Admission to the falls: Adults (16+): £1.50, Children (5-15): 50p
- Groups: Max Coach Group Size - 100
- Groups: Max Group Size - 100
- Groups: Min Coach Group Size - 12
- Groups: Min Group Size - 12
Travel & Trade
- Free/Discounted Entry for Coach Driver
- Groups: Average Length of Visit - 1 hour for coach groups.
- Groups: Discounts Available
|Open (1 Apr 2019 - 31 Oct 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 17:00|
* Winter Season Nov - Easter 10:00 till 16:00 opening, Summer Season 10:00 till 17:00. In adverse weather it may be necessary to close High Force in the interest of safety. Closed Christmas Day.