If it’s the first time you’ve visited Durham, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the warmth of our welcome. Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County is full of history and regal charm, yet with every modern facility you’d expect from one of the finest hotels in the area.
Each of our beautifully appointed bedrooms and suites benefit from en-suite bathrooms and combine comfort and convenience with many providing views of Durham Castle and Cathedral as well as the river and city centre skyline.
Our Bar 1815 and Champagne Terrace is open from 12.01pm - 7 days a week - offering a wide selection of light bites, traditional and bespoke afternoon teas, classic cocktails and of course, a selection of Champagnes.
The Leisure Club offers a relaxed and friendly setting to smooth away the stresses and strains of modern day life. Make use of the swimming pool, sauna and gym whilst you are with us.
Relax, surf the web for free and enjoy a delicious Starbucks® drink right here in the hotel. Refuel with a pastry or light bite, chat with friends or simply reflect on the day's events.
Just 5 minutes from the A1(M) and 15 minutes walk from Durham Railway Station the hotel is located in the heart of Durham City sprinkled with ancient ruins, quaint shop-lined streets and numerous riverside walks.
- Access Statement - Level access (i.e. no steps or thresholds), or access by a ramp or lift : from the entrance to reception to a public toilet to one or more bedrooms lift access to the lounge to the bar to the swimming pool to the gym/leisure centre
- Groups: Ground Floor Bedrooms
- Groups: Dinner Catered For - Private function rooms available
Parking & Transport
- Coach Drop Off / Pick Up Point - Sands coach park nearby
- WiFi Available - Complimentary Wi-Fi in all public areas of the hotel. Inclusive is deluxe and superior rooms. Chargeable in standard rooms.
Travel & Trade
- Free/Discounted Accommodation for Coach Driver
- Groups: Discounts Available
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|