No visit to Durham is complete without a trip to Beamish. Here you’ll experience amazing sights, sounds, smells and delicious tastes as the past comes to life, this really is hands-on history. Explore the beautiful 350 acre site, taste traditional food from a coal-fired range, hop on board a tram or steam train, play schoolyard games and pop into the Co-op shops.
If you’d you like to add a little something special to your group’s visit, how about Dainty Bites - a lunchtime or afternoon buffet, exclusively for parties of 15 or more? Served in a private room overlooking the award-winning 1900s Town, this is available Monday to Friday for groups of 15 to 50 people, from April to the end of October. In November and December, you might like to try a fantastic group offer which includes admission and delicious Christmas lunch, again served in a private room overlooking The Town.
The first building in our 1950s Town is opening its doors this summer. Experience the excitement and community spirit of the 1950s with our new welfare hall. The building is a replica of the Leasingthorne Colliery Welfare Hall and Community Centre. The exhibit will play host to 50s dances and games, and will explore the story of the birth of the NHS, among many other activities and events.
Throughout the year there’s a packed programme of exciting special events, from the Georgian Fair to The Great North Festival of Transport and a whole season of Christmas celebrations. There’s no extra charge for daytime events, they’re included in the admission price for Beamish.
Beamish is a fascinating museum for visitors of all ages and interests – there’s something to captivate everyone here. And great benefits for group visits too, with discounted day rates for parties of 15 or more, free admission for coach drivers and group visit organisers and free coach parking.
Group prices (minimum group 15): Adult £13.50; child £6.50, senior/student £12.00, under 5s free. (Pricing valid until Jan 2020)
Coach driver and group visit organiser are admitted free of charge. Free parking on hardstanding is available for around 30 coaches.
Beamish is delighted to have been awarded Coach Friendly Status by The Confederation of Passenger Transport UK (CPT).
The accolade rewards the museum’s commitment to providing excellent service for coaches and groups, and understanding the requirements of the coach, its passengers and driver.
- Visit England VAQAS 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Large Visitor Attraction of the Year Award – Gold 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Visit England Visit England Award for Excellence Bronze 2016
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Group Discounts Available
- Groups: Lunch Catered For - Pre-booked groups only. Dietary requirements can be catered for.
- Groups: Refreshments Catered For - Refreshments available in a variety of catering outlets around the museum.
Parking & Transport
- Coach Drop Off / Pick Up Point
- Coach Parking Onsite - Free coach parking on hard standing for up to 30 coaches.
- Groups: Max Group Size - 1000
- Groups: Min Group Size - 15
Travel & Trade
- Free/Discounted Entry for Coach Driver - Free admission for coach driver and group travel organiser. Coach drivers receive hospitality voucher to be used in catering outlets or gift shop.
- Groups: Average Length of Visit - 4 hours in summer, 3 hours in winter.
- Groups: Booking Essential - Booking not essential but would be advisable.
- Groups: Concessions for Coach Driver, Group Organiser, Tour Guide or Group Supervisor(s)
- Groups: Discounts Available
|2021-2022 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 16:00|
* Last admission is always 3pm. Allow at least four hours for a summer visit and three hours for a winter visit.