Set in 73 acres of beautiful parkland beside the River Wear, Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel is a unique experience.
Your base to visit the cathedral city of Durham only 8 miles away and explore the beautiful Durham countryside, Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel is the idyllic country escape.
A sympathetically-restored Grade II Listed stately mansion, the ancestral home of Bobby Shafto, the hotel offers 29 luxurious double en suite bedrooms, each with its own individual character and all appointed to a superior standard.
Luxurious bedrooms, 2 restaurants, comfortable lounges, bars, conservatories, gardens, and private meeting rooms with service from professional, attentive staff - perfect for your conferences, meetings, entertaining, weddings, private dining and events......or just to get away from it all.
Open daily for morning coffee, afternoon tea or dinner to residents and non-residents. Enjoy fine dining in the elegant Library Restaurant or the relaxed Silver Buckles Brasserie
Quality hospitality for all occasions in the heart of a 73 acre deer park.
- Arrival Date:
- Fri , 21st June 2019
- Departure Date:
- Sat , 22nd June 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Deluxe Double||£75.00 per person (room only)|
|Standard Double en suite||£60.00 per room (room only)|
|Twin en suite||£60.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- 3 Visit England Stars
- Visit England Breakfast 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- GreenLeader Silver
- Very Good257
- Explore67141503928Trip Type:FamilyOutstanding service and valueSunday, 16th June 2019We had an outstanding stay over at Whitworth Hall Hotel, the deer park is lovely and the hotel, food and service were faultless. The value for money is second to none, we found an offer on their... Read full review
- GeorgeHindmannBarendrecht, The NetherlandsTrip Type:Solo travelGreat staff, Beautiful looking HotelTuesday, 18th June 2019I visited a family member living close by to The Whitworth Hall Hotel. The surroundings of the Hotel and park area are really quite unique, and wonderful to see. Many people detour or visit this... Read full review
- HINFS71Barnsley, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFabulous relaxing stay!!!Tuesday, 18th June 2019If you’re looking for a relaxing short break in a great location then you’ll not be disappointed. We found the hotel to be very relaxed and welcoming with great service and lovely rooms. Dinner was... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M) At jct 61 follow A688 'Spennymoor'. After joining it follow A688 over 4 roundabouts. At the fifth roundabout take the fourth exit, right 'Spenymoor Town Centre'. At the next major roundabout, turn left, first exit (Middlestone Moor). Traffic lights turn right following hotel sign. Hotel 1 mile on right.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 8 milesAdvise using a taxi.