Set in 73 acres of beautiful parkland beside the River Wear, Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel is a unique experience.
Your base to visit the cathedral city of Durham only 8 miles away and explore the beautiful Durham countryside, Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel is the idyllic country escape.
A sympathetically-restored Grade II Listed stately mansion, the ancestral home of Bobby Shafto, the hotel offers 29 luxurious double en suite bedrooms, each with its own individual character and all appointed to a superior standard.
Luxurious bedrooms, 2 restaurants, comfortable lounges, bars, conservatories, gardens, and private meeting rooms with service from professional, attentive staff - perfect for your conferences, meetings, entertaining, weddings, private dining and events......or just to get away from it all.
Open daily for morning coffee, afternoon tea or dinner to residents and non-residents. Enjoy fine dining in the elegant Library Restaurant or the relaxed Silver Buckles Brasserie
Quality hospitality for all occasions in the heart of a 73 acre deer park.
- Arrival Date:
- Sat , 21st Sept 2019
- Departure Date:
- Sun , 22nd Sept 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Deluxe Double||£75.00 per person (room only)|
|Standard Double en suite||£60.00 per room (room only)|
|Twin en suite||£60.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- 3 Visit England Stars
- Visit England Breakfast 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- GreenLeader Silver
- Very Good265
- 856nataliejSpennymoor, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAfternoon tea - Birthday gift for MamMonday, 16th September 20191st of all I would like to point out that this was supposed to be a lovely birthday gift for mam. I bought an afternoon tea voucher for 2 online. My sister was also coming with myself and mam, I... Read full review
- David WLondon, United KingdomA great find and the deer are amazingWednesday, 18th September 2019nice ground floor double room. Very clean and a very good breakfast. Mathew, the bar supervisor was very good, he had lots of local knowledge and new much about the history of the hotel, would highly... Read full review
- 793tomjSandbach, United KingdomGreat place to stay when doing the Great North RunWednesday, 18th September 2019We stayed here the night before the Great North Run and it was great. The lady on reception was very polite upon arrival. The room was ideal for what we needed it for, although it did look a bit... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M) At jct 61 follow A688 'Spennymoor'. After joining it follow A688 over 4 roundabouts. At the fifth roundabout take the fourth exit, right 'Spenymoor Town Centre'. At the next major roundabout, turn left, first exit (Middlestone Moor). Traffic lights turn right following hotel sign. Hotel 1 mile on right.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 8 milesAdvise using a taxi.