Set in 73 acres of beautiful parkland beside the River Wear, Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel is a unique experience.
Your base to visit the cathedral city of Durham only 8 miles away and explore the beautiful Durham countryside, Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel is the idyllic country escape.
A sympathetically-restored Grade II Listed stately mansion, the ancestral home of Bobby Shafto, the hotel offers 29 luxurious double en suite bedrooms, each with its own individual character and all appointed to a superior standard.
Luxurious bedrooms, 2 restaurants, comfortable lounges, bars, conservatories, gardens, and private meeting rooms with service from professional, attentive staff - perfect for your conferences, meetings, entertaining, weddings, private dining and events......or just to get away from it all.
Open daily for morning coffee, afternoon tea or dinner to residents and non-residents. Enjoy fine dining in the elegant Library Restaurant or the relaxed Silver Buckles Brasserie
Quality hospitality for all occasions in the heart of a 73 acre deer park.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Deluxe Double||£75.00 per person (room only)|
|Standard Double en suite||£60.00 per room (room only)|
|Twin en suite||£60.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- 3 Visit England Stars
- Visit England Breakfast 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- GreenLeader Silver
- Very Good281
- elaine PChesterfield, United KingdomCountry HotelSaturday, 12th September 2020Very impressive building - a popular wedding venue it seems. but we were just stopping the one night on our way to Scotland. We stayed in a spacious twin room with comfortable clean beds. Large... Read full review
- HelentoNewcastle, United KingdomSparkling Afternoon TeaSaturday, 19th September 2020Sparkling Afternoon Tea- A very pleasant afternoon in the sun lounge, food very nice. We had three flavours of sandwich fingers, a sultana scone with jam and clotted cream, lemon posset, chocolate... Read full review
- TheVaxaryNorfolk, United KingdomNice old HotelSunday, 20th September 2020Beautiful grounds and lovely friendly staff. The hotel itself is not really my sort of thing but it is a lovely place. I think the hotel itself loses some of its appeal because of the Pandemic... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M) At jct 61 follow A688 'Spennymoor'. After joining it follow A688 over 4 roundabouts. At the fifth roundabout take the fourth exit, right 'Spenymoor Town Centre'. At the next major roundabout, turn left, first exit (Middlestone Moor). Traffic lights turn right following hotel sign. Hotel 1 mile on right.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 8 milesAdvise using a taxi.