AboutThe Victorian Town House is set in the heart of this historic university cathedral city and only a five minute walk from bus/train stations and city centre. It is conveniently situated for Beamish Museum, the Dales, Newcastle and Northumberland and well placed for the Great North Run, Freshers and Graduation Days.
Enjoy a leisurely stroll around the riverbanks under the shadow of the Cathedral. Sample the new vibrant and fashionable bars and restaurants around the Gala Theatre and Millennium Square.
The Town House itself is set in a peaceful Conservation Area overlooking a park and with views of the Cathedral from some rooms. Family, double and twin rooms are available, all furnished to a high standard. Rooms have TV, DVD and Freeview, as well as tea/coffee making facilities. A full English breakfast will set you up for the day. Private and on-street parking is available. Accessibility Statement can be provided on request.
A warm welcome awaits you.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Single en suite||£60.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*Single Occupancy from £60.
- Visit England Gold 2017
- Visit England Breakfast 2018
- Visit England Visit England Bed and Breakfast 5 Star award 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good14
- Traveler529381Trip Type:Friends getawayGem of a B and BSaturday, 8th June 2019The B and B is an ideal location for exploring Durham and surrounding area. Jill and Andy made us feel so welcome as soon as we arrived. Our room had everything we could wish for and was excellent... Read full review
- WaspiwomanTrip Type:Solo travelLocation, location, location!Monday, 24th June 2019As a solo traveller, I am always a bit apprehensive when visiting a new place. However, I could not have had a better experience at this superb b&b. Jill and Andy were so warm and welcoming and I... Read full review
- Anushya CLkTrip Type:FamilyComfort and convenienceMonday, 15th July 2019We were so very happy with our choice of The Victorian Town House for our stay in Durham. It was very conveniently located - close to the train station, bus station and city centre and the Wharton... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 5
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - One space available on site. Additional on street parking available nearby. Long term car park 5 minutes walk away.
- WiFi Available
- Special provisions for cyclists - Overnight cycle storage available - drying facilities available
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Transport to and from coach and railway station
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Closed Christmas Day
Map & Directions
Exit A1(M) at jct 62 and follow A690 to Durham. Follow signs for train station and under viaduct ignore station approach road and take 2nd left onto Western Hill and then 1st right onto Victoria Terrace/Princes Street.
Public Transport Directions
From bus station walk under viaduct and take 2nd left onto Western Hill and then 1st right onto Victoria Terrace/Princes Street.
From train station walk down station approach road, turn right on to North Road then 2nd left onto Western Hill and then 1st right onto Victoria Terrace/Princes Street.