AboutThe Victorian Town House is set in the heart of this historic university cathedral city and only a five minute walk from bus/train stations and city centre. It is conveniently situated for Beamish Museum, the Dales, Newcastle and Northumberland and well placed for the Great North Run, Freshers and Graduation Days.
Enjoy a leisurely stroll around the riverbanks under the shadow of the Cathedral. Sample the new vibrant and fashionable bars and restaurants around the Gala Theatre and Millennium Square.
The Town House itself is set in a peaceful Conservation Area overlooking a park and with views of the Cathedral from some rooms. Family, double and twin rooms are available, all furnished to a high standard. Rooms have TV, DVD and Freeview, as well as tea/coffee making facilities. A full English breakfast will set you up for the day. Private and on-street parking is available. Accessibility Statement can be provided on request.
A warm welcome awaits you.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Single en suite||£60.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*Single Occupancy from £60.
- Visit England Gold 2017
- Visit England Breakfast 2018
- Visit England Visit England Bed and Breakfast 5 Star award 2018
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good13
- KBB504Washington DC, District of ColumbiaWe're Coming Back!Sunday, 14th October 2018What a wonderful time we had in Durham -- the cathedral is awe-inspiring, but just as wonderful was our cozy B&B, the Victorian Town House. This place is pretty much the ideal B & B experience. The... Read full review
- Destination792756Winchester, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyPerfect base for visiting DurhamMonday, 29th October 2018We stayed one night in Beaumont family room, which was really comfortable. Andy & Jill were very welcoming. We had tea brought up on our arrival. It was quiet and peaceful but very close to city... Read full review
- anna wTrip Type:FamilyJust fabulousTuesday, 20th November 2018We arrived at The Victorian Town House and had such a warm welcome. Our bedroom was just wonderful. We were presented with a wonderful cup of tea and cake on arrival. This is such a great place to... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 5
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - One space available on site. Additional on street parking available nearby. Long term car park 5 minutes walk away.
- WiFi Available
- Special provisions for cyclists - Overnight cycle storage available - drying facilities available
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Transport to and from coach and railway station
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Closed Christmas Day
Map & Directions
Exit A1(M) at jct 62 and follow A690 to Durham. Follow signs for train station and under viaduct ignore station approach road and take 2nd left onto Western Hill and then 1st right onto Victoria Terrace/Princes Street.
Public Transport Directions
From bus station walk under viaduct and take 2nd left onto Western Hill and then 1st right onto Victoria Terrace/Princes Street.
From train station walk down station approach road, turn right on to North Road then 2nd left onto Western Hill and then 1st right onto Victoria Terrace/Princes Street.