AboutThe Victorian Town House is set in the heart of this historic university cathedral city and only a five minute walk from bus/train stations and city centre. It is conveniently situated for Beamish Museum, the Dales, Newcastle and Northumberland and well placed for the Great North Run, Freshers and Graduation Days.
Enjoy a leisurely stroll around the riverbanks under the shadow of the Cathedral. Sample the new vibrant and fashionable bars and restaurants around the Gala Theatre and Millennium Square.
The Town House itself is set in a peaceful Conservation Area overlooking a park and with views of the Cathedral from some rooms. Family, double and twin rooms are available, all furnished to a high standard. Rooms have TV, DVD and Freeview, as well as tea/coffee making facilities. A full English breakfast will set you up for the day. Private and on-street parking is available. Accessibility Statement can be provided on request.
A warm welcome awaits you.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Single en suite||£60.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*Single Occupancy from £60.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good14
- gazzy_8Washingborough, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent stayWednesday, 27th November 2019Stayed for 2 nights 22-24th November. This b&b is very close to the train station 5 min walk ( we came by train so very convenient) and also only 10 min walk from centre to cathedral, castle and... Read full review
- captcalculusWashington, West VirginiaExcellent AccommodationMonday, 13th January 2020Before I book a B&B I always do my research on TripAdvisor. The reviewers for this B&B aren't exaggerating when they say that Victorian Town House is an excellent place to stay. Bright and cheerful... Read full review
- deedee_isSolihull, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGorgeous house,great hostsThursday, 22nd October 2020We spent 2 nights here visiting Durham. A great choice of stay. Lovely warm welcome from Andy. We felt very safe under the new covid rules. My dietry requirement were dealt with for breakfast... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 5
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - One space available on site. Additional on street parking available nearby. Long term car park 5 minutes walk away.
- WiFi Available
- Special provisions for cyclists - Overnight cycle storage available - drying facilities available
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Transport to and from coach and railway station
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Closed Christmas Day
Map & Directions
Exit A1(M) at jct 62 and follow A690 to Durham. Follow signs for train station and under viaduct ignore station approach road and take 2nd left onto Western Hill and then 1st right onto Victoria Terrace/Princes Street.
Public Transport Directions
From bus station walk under viaduct and take 2nd left onto Western Hill and then 1st right onto Victoria Terrace/Princes Street.
From train station walk down station approach road, turn right on to North Road then 2nd left onto Western Hill and then 1st right onto Victoria Terrace/Princes Street.