Delightfully designed around a traditional courtyard setting, the Park Head Hotel and Restaurant has all the facilities one would expect from a modern city centre hotel whilst enjoying a delightful rural setting with views over County Durham. (Eight of the bedrooms are situated in the main hotel and reflect the heritage of the Park Head as an 18th century coaching inn whilst still offering all the necessary modern facilities).
With thirty-two spacious rooms, all en-suite and equipped with Freeview TV and a large restaurant and Sunday carvery the hotel has become a firm favourite with those seeking an overnight stay or a leisure break.
The hotel has a large Beer Garden and Children’s Play area, complimented by our award winning courtyard and gardens.
The Park Head is renowned for its food offerings, whether it’s from the famous Sunday carvery, or our excellent Bishops Grill restaurant. Every Sunday we offer the biggest and best carvery in the county with a choice of four joints of the finest English meats, all sourced within the local area and all complemented by a wide range of locally sourced vegetables. Afternoon teas are served from 12.00 till 4.00pm every Friday and Saturday.
We cater for most dietary requirements, vegetarian and gluten free options are always available.
The Park Head Hotel has a well earned reputation as one of the region's premier venues for all special occasions and conferencing. Our menus can be tailored to your own personal requirements.
The Oakland Suite can accommodate up to: 80 theatre style, 60 cabaret style, 60 private dining.
The Bishops Grill can accomodate up to 100 people.
The Durham Suite can accomodate up to 30 people.
The Carriage Room can accomodate up to 30 people.
Function rooms can also be combined, the Oakland Suite and Bishops Grill or the Durham Suite and the Carriage Room.
All of our function rooms are fully accessible.
Here in the North East we are proud of the large number of popular attractions available to visitors and The Park Head Hotel is ideally placed to take advantage of all the area has to offer, including:
• Auckland Castle
• Binchester Roman Fort
• Beamish, The North of England Open Air Museum
• Bowes Museum and the Silver Swan
• The National Railway Museum Shildon
• Crook Hall and Gardens
• Durham Dales and High Force
• Hamsterley Forest
• Raby Castle, Gardens and Medieval Kitchens
• The Ancient City of Durham, its Cathedral and Castle
• The Sage Gateshead and the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art
• Durham County Cricket Club
And further afield but easily accessible:
• Hadrians Wall
• Kielder Water
• The Holy Island of Lindisfarne
Parking is free of charge in our large secure car park.
Most of the hotel is disabled friendly, please see our access statement for more details.
- Arrival Date:
- Mon , 19th Aug 2019
- Departure Date:
- Tues , 20th Aug 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£50.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite (Double+Single Bed)||£60.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£40.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Triple En-Suite||£60.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single Occupancy £40-£60
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Northumbria in Bloom - Pubs and Hotels Silver 2017 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good162
- M2076DCmarkmBacup, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessExcellent stay...Thursday, 27th June 2019Stopped over night on business as I have done many times before stopped in room 7 . When booking direct , swift and smooth. On arrival met by Tony at reception, he was very friendly and helpful... Read full review
- RickabeeeSpennymoor, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBrilliant atmosphereWednesday, 3rd July 2019Brilliant food, brilliant atmosphere, food was amazing as usual, the staff are also very friendly and always check meal is okay and if drinks are needed, we even got to have a Pokemon battle with the... Read full review
- David VBangkok, ThailandTrip Type:CouplesVery good one night staySunday, 21st July 2019Very happy with our stay at this Hotel. Large car park, large rooms, large breakfast ... whats not to like!! Very friendly and helpful staff throughout, great location and easy to find. Nitpicking I... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
On the A688 Bishop Auckland to Spennymoor road. One and a half miles from Bishop Auckland town centre.
Public Transport Directions
Well served by many public bus services. Visit www.arriva.com for full details. Durham Railway station is approximately 9 miles away Darlington Railway station is approximately 13 miles away