Owl Cottage is a fabulously quaint and extremely cosy 1 bed traditional dales cottage situated on the edge of Middleton-in-Teesdale, in the Durham Dales, a quiet and peaceful Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, 10 miles from Barnard Castle. Owl Cottage is perfect get away for up to 2 adults, plus 1 dog. Fully restored and individually styled, Owl Cottage is the perfect base for that romantic break. It boasts character and charm, providing a warm and welcoming country retreat in the very heart of this wonderful area. Featuring an open plan living room with a magnificent multi-fuel burning stove and a small but extremely functional kitchen and dining area on the ground floor, the spacious bedroom with sumptuous super-king size bed enjoys stunning views of the dale and is complemented by a modern bathroom. These all combined provide an ideal cottage for couples wishing to get away from it all and enjoy this stunning part of the North East. The superb surrounding countryside boasts great walking opportunities direct from the doorstep with nearby woodland paths along the river offering an opportunity to walk further and explore high open moorland enjoy much of the local wildlife, including the resident Owl which can be heard most days from the cottage, and deer will often be seen in the woods. Nestling by the banks of the River Tees this pretty North Pennine village, Middleton-in-Teesdale offers village life at its very best, with many local pubs, independent shops, tea rooms and restaurants to choose from and all dog friendly. The nearby market town of Barnard Castle, with its cobbled streets and quaint lanes, offers a full range of facilities and attracts visitors all year round, while the Durham Dales are waiting to be discovered slightly further afield. Visit medieval Raby Castle with its deer park, The Bowes Museum, High Force Waterfall, Gibson’s Cave, Cauldron Snout and Eggleston Hall.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good2
- Julie KLeeds, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesCozy, very well equipped cottage...amazingly comfortable bed!Saturday, 20th February 2016We and our two labs had five great nights at Owl Cottage and would recommend staying here. The fixtures and fittings are of a very high quality and the log burner is so nice to return to after long... Read full review
- Phil GRecommendedSunday, 19th November 2017Great little cottage. Fabulous, comfy bed and cozy wood stove. Local pub/hotel well worth a visit, especially for something to eat. The perfect unwind from work... Highly recommended. Read full review
- lonsdalek52Colne, United KingdomWonderfulFriday, 29th June 2018Stayed in this delightful cosy cottage for a week and it is extremely clean and comfortable and has everything you need. The hosts are lovely and left a bottle of wine for us on our arrival which... Read full review
- Linen provided - bed linen and towels provided
- Pets accepted - 1 well behaved dog welcome
- In countryside
- WiFi Available - free wifi
- Special provisions for walkers - washer/drying facilities provided with sheila maid above the fire. Spare walking poles provided, together with maps and an abundance of local walks
- Walkers Welcome
|Open New Year|
* Off peak short breaks available.
3 night breaks commencing Friday or Monday
4 nights breaks commencing Monday