Millstone House is a high end, adult only Bed and Breakfast, which can be found on the outskirts of the historic village of Staindrop, County Durham. There are many great destinations on our doorstep, for example, Raby Castle is only a 3 minute drive, inside 10 minutes you can find yourself visiting places such as Barnard Castle, a 20 minute drive will take you to Bishop Auckland or Darlington and Durham City is only a half hour drive away.
If it is a weekend treat or a longer relaxing getaway you are looking for, then Millstone House is the perfect setting for your tranquil stay in our luxurious Bed and Breakfast.
Millstone House can also be used as a great base for visiting an array of amazing places further afield including places like the Yorkshire Dales, the Lake District, the east coast and York. If you fancy some retail therapy then the Metrocentre in Gateshead is less than an hours drive away.
We are also ideally located for visiting fantastic local attractions like Kynren (June-Sept), Locomotion at Shildon, the Bowes Musuem, Beamish - the Living Museum of the North, and also events at Raby Castle, The Witham in Barnard Castle and The Scarth Hall in Staindrop.
We pride ourselves in a great guest experience at Millstone House B&B and this is very important to us. Our aim therefore is to provide more than just the key ingredients for a great B&B experience. It starts with a warm welcome. You can expect a good night sleep in our superking, luxurious beds and bedding and an invigorating shower. To top it off, a well prepared breakfast awaits using the finest produce, locally sourced wherever possible. Our guests can also expect a great service throughout their stay.
All of our bedrooms are located on the groundfloor (see our access statement for further information).
There is ample on-site private parking, CCTV, security lighting and secure overnight storage for bicycles. Free Wi-fi, flat screen TV and lots of other little personal touches for you to enjoy. Although we love all our four legged friends, it is with regret that we do not accept any pets at Millstone House.
Don't just take our word for it, please see some of our guest comments here.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double En-Suite||£97.50 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- angela7171Manchester, United KingdomTrip Type:Couples5 star cruising on landMonday, 22nd April 2019Fabulous place, accommodation, breakfast and hosts. Comparable to high end cruising - they even provide the same dressing gowns and slippers! A last minute stay en route home from visiting family... Read full review
- Eleanor CDoncaster, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesThe Ultimate B&BWednesday, 1st May 2019We have just returned home after a fabulous two night stay at Millstone House and we didn't want to leave. We arrived on Friday to a very warm welcome from the hosts Gary and Helen who create an air... Read full review
- SH-XsplorinLucerne, SwitzerlandTrip Type:CouplesFar more than a B&B...Sunday, 5th May 2019We stayed at Millstone House for one night in May 2019, following a recommendation from The Raby Hunt restaraunt. Over the years we have been lucky enough to have stayed at some wonderful hotels... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Serve breakfast
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- American Express accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Ironing facilities
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for lone female travellers
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|