Timber Lodge accommodation on an Alpaca Farm in the Durham Dales, 6 miles from Barnard Castle. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathroom - spa bath, shower and sauna. Furnished to a high standard and centrally heated throughout. An ideal base for walking or cycling in the countryside, and located within easy reach of the county's many attractions.
Ground floor accommodation throughout, large living area with leather sofas and wood burning stove, kitchen with dishwasher, washer dryer and full size fridge freezer, sun room for dining. Outside there is a covered veranda, and large garden area with patio. Cycle storage available.
Situated on the edge of the AONB, ideal location for exploring Teesdale and neighbouring Weardale and only 40 minutes to beautiful Durham City - many attractions within easy travelling distance. Single storey accommodation - level 2 Mobility rated. Gold Award achieved for excellence in all aspects.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Little Owl Lodge||£300.00 per unit per week|
*Short Breaks (min stay 3 nights)
Low Season from £75 per night, Mid/ High Season from £85 per night
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering
- 1 Accessibility - Mobility
- 2 Accessibility - Mobility
- Visit England Gold 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- DougthainArbroath, United KingdomGreat lodge in a fantastic setting.Tuesday, 2nd October 2018Lovely well equipped and comfortable lodge, fantastic country setting and very friendly and helpful owners in Pat and Yvonne. Excellent base for seeing North Yorkshire and County Durham. I would... Read full review
- Alex HCrowthorne, United KingdomDon't hesitate to book the lovely Little Owl Lodge!Thursday, 15th November 2018This is a wonderful place to stay; the owners Pat and Yvonne have taken great care to make sure that their guests will be comfortable. We stayed in November; the lodge was very warm, and we enjoyed... Read full review
- I5583YCJohnDurham, United KingdomA hidden gem !!!!!Sunday, 2nd December 2018Set in beautiful Teesdale, County Durham, Little Owl Lodge is very well located for visiting the historic city of Durham complete with it's castle, cathedral and ancient university. The pretty market... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- NAS MOBILITY - Mobility Level 2 achieved.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - No minimum age. We do not have baby facilities (cot/highchair) but guests are welcome to bring their own.
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Directly next to lodge
- WiFi Available - Yes.
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|