Timber Lodge accommodation on an Alpaca Farm in the Durham Dales, 6 miles from Barnard Castle. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathroom - spa bath, shower and sauna. Furnished to a high standard and centrally heated throughout. An ideal base for walking or cycling in the countryside, and located within easy reach of the county's many attractions.
Ground floor accommodation throughout, large living area with leather sofas and wood burning stove, kitchen with dishwasher, washer dryer and full size fridge freezer, sun room for dining. Outside there is a covered veranda, and large garden area with patio. Cycle storage available.
Situated on the edge of the AONB, ideal location for exploring Teesdale and neighbouring Weardale and only 40 minutes to beautiful Durham City - many attractions within easy travelling distance. Single storey accommodation - level 2 Mobility rated. Gold Award achieved for excellence in all aspects.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Little Owl Lodge||£300.00 per unit per week|
*Short Breaks (min stay 3 nights)
Low Season from £75 per night, Mid/ High Season from £85 per night
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering
- 1 Accessibility - Mobility
- 2 Accessibility - Mobility
- Visit England Gold 2016
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- I5583YCJohnDurham, United KingdomA hidden gem !!!!!Sunday, 2nd December 2018Set in beautiful Teesdale, County Durham, Little Owl Lodge is very well located for visiting the historic city of Durham complete with it's castle, cathedral and ancient university. The pretty market... Read full review
- LonePineKathNottingham, United KingdomBeautiful place to stay. Would highly recommendTuesday, 2nd July 2019This was a beautiful retreat for myself and my friend for the weekend. It was spotlessly clean and had everything we needed, from full cooking facilities... to alpacas out the front for us to sit and... Read full review
- Compass52628316763Fantastic getaway in the beautiful countryside!Tuesday, 20th August 2019We had a wonderful stay at Little Owl Lodge and only wish we could have stayed longer! Although this is a 2 bedroom lodge, it feels very spacious with its open plan kitchen, lounge and dining area... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- NAS MOBILITY - Mobility Level 2 achieved.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - No minimum age. We do not have baby facilities (cot/highchair) but guests are welcome to bring their own.
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Directly next to lodge
- WiFi Available - Yes.
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|