Timber Lodge accommodation on an Alpaca Farm in the Durham Dales, 6 miles from Barnard Castle. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathroom - spa bath, shower and sauna. Furnished to a high standard and centrally heated throughout. An ideal base for walking or cycling in the countryside, and located within easy reach of the county's many attractions.
Ground floor accommodation throughout, large living area with leather sofas and wood burning stove, kitchen with dishwasher, washer dryer and full size fridge freezer, sun room for dining. Outside there is a covered veranda, and large garden area with patio. Cycle storage available.
Situated on the edge of the AONB, ideal location for exploring Teesdale and neighbouring Weardale and only 40 minutes to beautiful Durham City - many attractions within easy travelling distance. Single storey accommodation - level 2 Mobility rated. Gold Award achieved for excellence in all aspects.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Little Owl Lodge||from £300.00 to £575.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering
- 1 Accessibility - Mobility
- 2 Accessibility - Mobility
- Visit England Gold 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- Jim YHuddersfieldSuperbly equipped lodge.Monday, 16th October 2017My wife and I had a superb weeks holiday here. The lodge is superbly equipped, warm and comfortable. It is also the quietiest place we have ever stayed in. The owners, Pat and Yvonne, couldn't have... Read full review
- paul172223Kingston-upon-Hull, United KingdomPeaceful, relaxing and great scenerySunday, 16th July 2017The location is remote, so a car is required to explore the surrounding area. The welcome was very warm and friendly, but not intrusive. The lodge is well equipped with facilities to cater for those... Read full review
- MrsWednesday, 9th November 2016Lovely place. Heating/ water repeatedly broke down. Outside area is tatty. Hosts are lovely people. House well equipped. Read full review
- WiFi Available - Yes.
- Access Statement - Please see below
- NAS MOBILITY - Mobility Level 2 achieved.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - No minimum age. We do not have baby facilities (cot/highchair) but guests are welcome to bring their own.
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Directly next to lodge
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2018)|
Map & Directions
0.5 miles from B6282. 15 minutes to A1/ A66. Comprehensive travel directions forwarded with confirmation package.