Houndgate Townhouse is often referred to as a "hidden gem" in the heart of Darlington set in a Grade II Listed Georgian Townhouse.
Each of our eight en suite bedrooms has been individually decorated to the same comfortable yet stylish brief that the rest of the hotel adheres to.
The history of the building and of Darlington has inspired many of the interiors choices.
On Site Restaurant
Disabled Access Rooms
- Arrival Date:
- Wed , 27th Mar 2019
- Departure Date:
- Thur , 28th Mar 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|De Luxe/Super De Luxe Double en suite||£108.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double en suite||£72.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Luxury Twin en suite||£100.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double en suite||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*2 single blow up beds and a travel cot can also be booked free of charge.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Michelin Guide 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good42
- TrailBlazer654022Woodinville, WashingtonTrip Type:Solo travelSmall inn, very comfortableMonday, 4th March 2019This is a very small inn - 5-7 rooms. My room had a double bed and was quite small by U.S. standards. I arrived very late (about 10:30 PM) and they were very accommodating. The front desk was closed... Read full review
- Doncorn_13Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayUniqueThursday, 14th March 2019Love this place after having Alice In Wonderland afternoon tea here with friends last year. I’ve been back twice since for lunch before going to the nearby theatre and have always found the food and... Read full review
- Leopard1212DarlingtonTrip Type:FamilyFab afternoon teaSaturday, 16th March 2019Enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea, a great selection of sweet and savoury treats, the runny scotch egg was beautiful and the millionaires shortbread was beautiful. We especially loved the Alice in... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Closed Sunday from noon, reopens Monday at 8am.