Houndgate Townhouse is often referred to as a "hidden gem" in the heart of Darlington set in a Grade II Listed Georgian Townhouse.
Each of our eight en suite bedrooms has been individually decorated to the same comfortable yet stylish brief that the rest of the hotel adheres to.
The history of the building and of Darlington has inspired many of the interiors choices.
On Site Restaurant
Disabled Access Rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|De Luxe/Super De Luxe Double en suite||from £108.00 to £145.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double en suite||from £72.00 to £90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Luxury Twin en suite||from £100.00 to £120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double en suite||from £80.00 to £100.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*2 single blow up beds and a travel cot can also be booked free of charge.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Michelin Guide 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good38
- Steven LNewton Aycliffe, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayFabulous restaurant.Wednesday, 6th December 2017Time for a new review, been going here for lunch for a while and have to say it is one of the nicest places we have been for lunch, staff are very helpful and nothing is too much for them. They have... Read full review
- Emma Rweekend staySunday, 22nd October 2017fantastic place to stay in Darlington , staff are very professional and friendly nothing too much trouble , food and rooms are perfect .. would recommend to everyone i know to stay here, very central... Read full review
- martimasEssexTrip Type:CouplesTerrific hotelWednesday, 11th October 2017My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. We can't speak highly enough of this hotel: the rooms are comfortable, clean and beautifully decorated, and the service is excellent. The restaurant is also... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
|2017 (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Closed Sunday from noon, reopens Monday at 8am.