Fern Cottage is a grade 11 listed building in Gilesgate, Durham City, it is situated on Gilesgate Green in a conservation area. It is comfortable, well equipped and within walking distance of the city centre.
The cottage sleep 2 people and can be booked online at www.durhamcottages.com
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Fern Cottage||from £420.00 to £495.00 per unit per week|
*Short breaks available from 3 nights, from £80 per night
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering
- Visit England Gold 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good1
- FondGrandadFalkirkConvenient for attractions yet out-of-the-way.Wednesday, 30th May 2018The cottage was ideal. We were welcomed and shown round, with the central heating explained. There was a "welcome" tray of coffee and tea waiting to be made up. The cottage was spotless. The kitchen... Read full review
- DayTrip763764Just the jobWednesday, 8th August 2018Ideal location and facilities for our week's course at the university. Personal welcome from the owner, and the cottage was tip top. Read full review
- BenwyvFern CottageFriday, 30th November 2018Cottage was first class. Everything was as you would want it yourselves. The only drawback was the proximity to a main road. The traffic noise was 24 hours. Cars, Lorries, klaxons and buses. If you... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Free parking outside cottage on the road.
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Garden/patio for guests use
- In town/city centre
- WiFi Available - Free Unlimited use
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M)Leave the A1(M) at the jct with the A690 and head into Durham. At the 1st roundabout turn left into Gilesgate. At the top of the hill at the end of the green on the right you will find Fern and Rose Cottages.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham StationIt is easiest to take a taxi from the railway or bus station.