The property was completely refurbished in 2018 to a very high standard. Being situated just 3 miles from Durham City and around 5 minutes by car its the ideal location for a city break. Being far enough away from the hustle and bustle but close enough to enjoy all the amenities of the city and surrounding areas. It comfortably accommodates 5 people with a cot if required.
Every home comfort is provided within the property and is fully equipped with a fridge freezer, microwave, full fan oven, grill, toaster, kettle, steamer, hob, washing machine and seperate dryer. There is an open plan design with 2 x recliner sofas seating five people and a 50 inch TV. Full WIFI internet is provided with up to 38mbps. The property has energy efficient appliances and has full LED lighting and an A rated central heating system. There is an enclosed patio area with private garden and seating area.
Upstairs there is a full size bath with overhead internal shower (powered by combi) and three bedrooms accommodating 5 people One single, one twin and one kingsize bed.
Local Things to See and Do
The property is ideally located for visits to the World Heritage Site of Durham Cathedral and Castle, a leisurely boat trip along the River Wear with Prince Bishop Boat Trips, or a visit to the Botanic Gardens and Oriental Museum. Experience North East life in 1820s, 1900s and 1940s at the world renowned Beamish Museum. The National Railway Museum at Shildon is only a 25 minutes drive away.
Nearby there are a wide variety of leisure activities including proximity to a number of national cycle routes; great walking country on the Durham Heritage Coast and the Durham Dales; and a range of leisure activities within the City like TopGear karting, the Freemans Quay swimming pool and golf at nearby Ramside Hall.
We are close to the coast at Seaham for beach fishing and have Sharpley Waters for trout fishing (fee applies) within 15 min drive and free fishing stretches on the River Wear. The owner is a level 2 licenced coach and can advise on any element of fishing if interested.
Devonshire Haven is a great base to venture further afield. Within easy reach of the A1, Hadrian's Wall, Alnwick Castle and Gardens and Northumberland National Park are within an hour's drive.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Devonshire Haven||from £400.00 to £680.00 per unit per week|
*Full house is for let. Sleeps 5 one king (sleeps 2 sharing) one twin (two singles sleeps 2) and one single (sleeps 1) In addition one cot available for king room if needed please advise in advance. Price does vary at summer or winter time please check website for details pricing on this site is a guide only and lists the price for 7 days. minimum stay is for 3 days. Price average is £100 per night but please see website for accurate details.
Minimum 3 night stay subject to availability. The owner reserves the right to refuse single sex parties.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- Katie MHome away from homeSunday, 14th April 2019We've just returned from our stay at Devonshire Haven and it was lovely. A real home away from home. The house is well equipped for families as there is loads of room, access to a cot, highchair... Read full review
- Quest16370904743Beautifully decorated and well equipped houseWednesday, 17th July 2019Ideally located on a nice housing estate with good connections to Durham centre and A1(M). House is recently refurbished and attractively decorated, well equipped - kitchen equipment all new and in... Read full review
- Samantha HBeautiful House in DurhamWednesday, 21st August 2019We have spent a fantastic week at The Devonshire Haven. The house is beautiful all recently refurbished with real attention to detail and everything you need. The owners really care about their... Read full review
- Access Statement - Main bathroom and bedrooms are on the first floor. The downstairs area is accessible by one step and door threshold. Living area and kitchen is open plan. People will require a reasonable degree of mobility to be able to use this property.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Children's videos/DVDs Available
- Facilities for children
- Access to golf course - Ramside golf course is within walking distance or a short drive.
- Fishing - free fishing nearby in the city. Owner is a level 2 fishing coach and can advise on a range of places to go nearby
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Parking for two cars on private drive
- Daily rates available - min of 4 nights
- MasterCard accepted - Please book on our website using stripe
- Midweek breaks - mon to fri
- Visa accepted - please book on our website using stripe
- Weekend breaks - arrive friday 3pm leave mon by 10am
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Launderette - washer and separate dryer available on the property
- Linen available free of charge - linen changed after each guest includes all bedding excluding the cot and a full set of towels.
- Linen provided - All bedding and towels changed with each guest arrival
- In town/city centre - 3 miles from the centre of Durham City
- WiFi Available - up to 38mbps
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - All appliances are energy efficient. LED lighting throughout
- Marketed to any other specialist market
- Special provisions for cyclists - we provide secure areas for bike storage
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Minimum booking of 3 nights starts Monday to Mon (full week) part week starts on Monday to Fri (midweek) or Friday to Mon (weekend) Please check website for details of prices which average of £100 per night or £550 per week. We can sometimes vary the start and finish dates depending on how busy we are. Its always cheaper to book direct with us. www.devonshirehaven.co.uk
Map & Directions
Property is situated at 129 Devonshire road Durham DH1 2BL
Public Transport Directions
Hopper bus stops outside during office hours for quick routes into the city every hour. Main bus routes at other times a short walk. On site parking for two cars. Very close to parts of the National cycle routes.