AboutThe College of St Hild and St Bede offers a beautiful location in the heart of Durham City with easy access by road, rail and air.
It offers Accommodation - bed and breakfast en suite, Conferencing - day and overnight packages and Special Events - a range of banqueting options.
It has one of the largest halls in the city plus an additional 20 plenary meeting rooms. A unique Edwardian former chapel is available for important events. Relax in a modern newly refurbished bar.
Tailored packages and services are available for groups with excellent catering and competitive pricing. The range of accommodation spans 20 acres. Access to libraries and computing facilities can be arranged.
The College is open for day meetings and events for 50 weeks of the year. Residential accommodation is available during March, April and from July to September. Also 5 guest rooms are available throughout the year.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Sgl Ensuite||£50.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Single||£37.50 per person (breakfast included)|
|Twin Ensuite||£87.50 per person (breakfast included)|
*Some rooms are available all year and other rooms during the student vacations only - please ring to check.
- 3 Visit England Stars Guest Accommodation
Bookable Product Facilities
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Bar - Term time only
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal - Prior Booking Required. Subject to Availability
- Serve lunch - Prior Booking Required. Subject to Availability
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 1
- Games Room
- Tennis court
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Subject to Availability
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates - Discounts for Groups over 10.
- Visa accepted
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Ironing facilities
- Night porter
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - 3
- Public telephone
- Separate guests' lounge
- In town/city centre
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
|2019 Summer (29 June 2019 - 29 Sept 2019)|
* Closed between Xmas and New Year. Standard rooms available in Summer vacations only, July - Sept
Map & Directions
From A1(M) take jct 62 on to A690 towards Durham City. Come to a roundabout and take the 2nd (minor) exit on the left off the roundabout on to St Hilds Lane.
Public Transport Directions
Durham Station. From the city centre, Market Place, exit via Claypath. Continue up Claypath, this turns into Gilesgate. At the top of this bank there is a footbridge on the right hand side. Cross over the footbridge. At the other side of the footbridge go down the sloped decline on the left hand side of the footbridge. You will see the college buildings on your right hand side (a main road and roundabout will be on your left hand side).