Castleneuk Guest House is located by the A68 on the border of County Durham and Northumberland, and is ideally situated as a base to explore areas such as the Durham Heritage Coast, Durham Dales, Hadrian's Wall, the North Pennines and Beamish Museum, and only around 1.5 hours from the Lake District National Park. In addition, the historic cities of Newcastle and Durham are around 16 miles away. Bishop Auckland, Raby Castle and Teesdale are all well within reach too being around 35 - 40 minutes drive.
Recently awarded a 4* Guest House status by Visit England, Castleneuk provides 4 ensuite guest bedrooms and each has tea/coffee making facilities (fresh milk provided), hairdryer, hanging rail for clothes, flat screen TV with freeview channels and a guest information book. We also offer our guests their own lounge (complete with maps, guides, games and books), dining room with views over open countryside, a drying room (just in case!) and a lockable storage area for bicycles. Walkers, cyclists and motorcyclists are more than welcome, and we do have limited off street parking (flat) which is available on a first come first served basis immediately behind the property. Failing that, there is plenty of on street parking readily available.
Evening meals are available each day and we just ask for 1 hour's notice as we cook everything to order, and packed lunches can also be provided.
Castleneuk Guest House is also dog friendly so please feel free to bring your faithful companion(s) along with you for no extra charge! Please advise us at the time of booking so that we can allocate a room accordingly, and fantastic dog walks can be found right on the doorstep.
To view our accessibility guide please use the following link: https://www.accessibilityguides.org/content/castleneuk-guest-house
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double En-Suite||£60.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-Suite||£60.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single Occupancy £45 - £55 per person per night (single occupancy of a double room with kingsize bed).
SPECIAL OFFER: book a stay for 2 consecutive nights or more and we will reduce your room rate by £5 per room per night! Offer valid all year, and includes single occupancy rates. PLEASE NOTE: this offer is only available when booking direct by telephone or via our own website, and is not applicable via booking.com.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good0
- Sharonndean2013Trip Type:CouplesExceptionalMonday, 8th April 2019Stayed here for 2nights 5/4/19-7/4/19 owners go out there way to make you feel welcome and at home its a beautiful setting with amazing veiws breakfast is loverly nothing is too much trouble will be... Read full review
- Adventurer297120Trip Type:CouplesSpotlessly clean, hosts are brilliant and food delicious - plus splendid views.Wednesday, 10th April 2019Stayed three nights and were very impressed by Castleneuk. The B&B is very well presented and our room was clean and well decorated - cleaned daily and plenty of drinks and toiletries. Good choice... Read full review
- Carolynne BTrip Type:Solo travelI'm in love with George!Monday, 13th May 2019A lovely clean, spacious room with a comfortable bed and stunning views, and the hosts Andy and Malcolm are very friendly and accommodating The food is home-made and was really tasty. Unfortunately... Read full review
- Access Statement - https://www.accessibilityguides.org/content/castleneuk-guest-house
Bookable Product Facilities
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Serve breakfast - breakfast is included in your accommodation price and we have various options available, depending on how the mood takes you in the morning!
- Serve evening meal - evening meals available and are served between 5:30pm and 8:00pm each day; we just require 1 hour's notice if you intend to eat as we cook to order.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Limited off street parking is available on a 'first come first served' basis, but there are also plenty of on street spaces available too.
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Central heating throughout
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Pets accepted
- Separate guests' lounge
- Non smoking establishment
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - We have an up to date 'green policy' which is available for guests to read, and are constantly looking for ways to be even more environmentally friendly.
- Special provisions for cyclists - Drying room available for wet clothes/boots, packed lunches available, evening meals available.
- Special provisions for walkers - Drying room available for wet clothes/boots, packed lunches available, evening meals available.
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
|2019 (11 Jan 2019 - 24 Nov 2019)|
Map & Directions
Castleneuk Guest House is situated adjacent to the A68 and can easily be reached from the east/west (A1/A69 or M6/A69) and the north and south. The cities of Durham and Newcastle are around 25-30 minutes drive away, with Hexham being around 20 minutes drive.
Public Transport Directions
A bus service does link Castleside to Durham and Newcastle via Consett, and buses can also be used to connect to Hexham, Haydon Bridge and Carlisle (via Newcastle). Please see https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/journeyplanner/ for more details.