Castleneuk Guest House is located by the A68 on the northern edge of County Durham, adjacent to the Durham Dales, and is ideally situated as a base to explore areas such as the Durham Heritage Coast, Hadrian's Wall, the North Pennines and Beamish Museum, and only around 1.5 hours from the Lake District National Park. In addition, the historic cities of Newcastle and Durham are around 16 miles away. Bishop Auckland, Raby Castle and Teesdale are all well within reach too being around 35 - 40 minutes drive.
Recently awarded a 4* Guest House status by Visit England, Castleneuk provides 4 ensuite guest bedrooms and each has tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, hanging rail for clothes, flat screen TV with freeview channels and a guest information book. We also offer our guests their own lounge (complete with maps, guides, games and books), dining room with views over open countryside, a drying room (just in case!) and a lockable storage area for bicycles. Walkers, cyclists and motorcyclists are more than welcome, and we do have limited off street parking (flat) which is available on a first come first served basis immediately behind the property. Failing that, there is plenty of on street parking readily available.
Evening meals are available each day and we just ask for 1 hour's notice as we cook everything to order, and packed lunches can also be provided.
Castleneuk Guest House is also pet friendly! Please advise us at the time of booking so that we can allocate a room accordingly, and fantastic dog walks can be found right on the doorstep.
To view our accessibility guide please use the following link: https://www.accessibilityguides.org/content/castleneuk-guest-house
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double En-Suite||£60.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-Suite||£60.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single Occupancy £45 - £55 per person per night (single occupancy of a double room with kingsize bed).
SPECIAL OFFER: book a stay for 2 consecutive nights or more and we will reduce your room rate by £5 per room per night! Offer valid all year, and includes single occupancy rates. PLEASE NOTE: this offer is only available when booking direct by telephone or via our own website, and is not applicable via booking.com.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- franniepants29Boston, United KingdomBest B & B so far.Tuesday, 12th March 2019Sudden change of plans, meant we got to stay at this fabulous B & B. Met with a wonderful welcome, and pot of tea, while overlooking the stunning moors. The facilities are immaculate and the bed... Read full review
- 858joansStoke-on-Trent, United KingdomFamily funeralWednesday, 20th March 2019We stayed here along with my son and his fiancée to attend a family funeral. From the moment we arrived we knew we had chosen well. Andy greeted us at the front door with the offer of a hot drink and... Read full review
- sueblue411Derby, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent dog friendly B & BSaturday, 23rd March 2019This was the first time we had stayed in a B & B with our dog and we were 'all' made to feel very welcome from the start, we were even provided with a dog towel and bones. Andy, Malcolm and George... Read full review
- Access Statement - https://www.accessibilityguides.org/content/castleneuk-guest-house
Bookable Product Facilities
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Serve breakfast - breakfast is included in your accommodation price and we have various options available, depending on how the mood takes you in the morning!
- Serve evening meal - evening meals available and are served between 5:30pm and 8:00pm each day; we just require 1 hour's notice if you intend to eat as we cook to order.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Limited off street parking is available on a 'first come first served' basis, but there are also plenty of on street spaces available too.
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Central heating throughout
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Pets accepted
- Separate guests' lounge
- Non smoking establishment
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - We have an up to date 'green policy' which is available for guests to read, and are constantly looking for ways to be even more environmentally friendly.
- Special provisions for cyclists - Drying room available for wet clothes/boots, packed lunches available, evening meals available.
- Special provisions for walkers - Drying room available for wet clothes/boots, packed lunches available, evening meals available.
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
|2019 (11 Jan 2019 - 24 Nov 2019)|
Map & Directions
Castleneuk Guest House is situated adjacent to the A68 and can easily be reached from the east/west (A1/A69 or M6/A69) and the north and south. The cities of Durham and Newcastle are around 25-30 minutes drive away, with Hexham being around 20 minutes drive.
Public Transport Directions
A bus service does link Castleside to Durham and Newcastle via Consett, and buses can also be used to connect to Hexham, Haydon Bridge and Carlisle (via Newcastle). Please see https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/journeyplanner/ for more details.