A self-catering cottage for up to four guests, standing in its own grounds situated by Grassholme Reservoir in the beautiful unspoiled world of Teesdale and County Durham.
A warm welcome awaits you at Brock Scar Cottage nestled in the surrounding hills at Grassholme Reservoir in beautiful Teesdale.
This cottage is in an idylic setting for a relaxing holiday in this lovely part of the North Pennines where you can be assured of peace and tranquility, away from all noise and stress, at any time of the year.
For such a peaceful area there is so much to do during your holidays and vacations here, such as fishing, cycling, walking, horse riding, canoeing, sailing, bird-watching or studying the wonderful flora, including blue gentians, primroses and bluebells in the spring.
Our rental weeks are from Saturday to Saturday. We regret that no pets are allowed.
Situated on Wyn and Ian Gargate's 17 acre farmland and maintained to a very high standard, stone-built Brock Scar Cottage is converted from what was originally a farmworker's cottage, byre and hayloft.
The cottage is totally self-contained to guarantee absolute privacy, but Wyn and Ian live nearby and are always close at hand if you need advice on where to go, what to do, or what to eat.
Mickleton has two village public houses.
There are a variety of shops in Middleton in Teesdale, including a Co-op, many of which are open seven days a week during the holiday season.
Groceries can be purchased in readiness for your arrival by prior arrangement.
The cottage is approximately 2 miles from Mickleton, 5 miles from Middleton in Teesdale, 11 miles from Barnard Castle and approx. 1 hour from Durham City, York, Beamish Museum, the Lake District and Hadrian's Wall.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Brock Scar Cottage||£330.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- Ruth WTrip Type:FamilyA haven of peaceThursday, 5th September 2019This cottage is a great place for getting away from it all. Cosy and comfortable, with everything you need. Wyn and her husband are friendly but not intrusive. We definitely hope to return in the... Read full review
- Andrew EPEACE AND QUIETWednesday, 25th September 2019fantastic place to stay,plenty to see and do. Well worth a visit to Durham.We visited Raby castle which was wonderful. Barnard castle plenty of shops and plenty of places to eat. Ian and Wyn lovely... Read full review
- Ian MA First Visit for OurselvesTuesday, 5th November 2019A real get away from it all cottage, set in an idyllic rural location. Comfortable, spotlessly clean and very well equipped. A nice warm welcome from Wyn and Ian upon arrival together with a nice... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 4 Uncovered
- WiFi Available
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|