A self-catering cottage for up to four guests, standing in its own grounds situated by Grassholme Reservoir in the beautiful unspoiled world of Teesdale and County Durham.
A warm welcome awaits you at Brock Scar Cottage nestled in the surrounding hills at Grassholme Reservoir in beautiful Teesdale.
This cottage is in an idylic setting for a relaxing holiday in this lovely part of the North Pennines where you can be assured of peace and tranquility, away from all noise and stress, at any time of the year.
For such a peaceful area there is so much to do during your holidays and vacations here, such as fishing, cycling, walking, horse riding, canoeing, sailing, bird-watching or studying the wonderful flora, including blue gentians, primroses and bluebells in the spring.
Our rental weeks are from Saturday to Saturday. We regret that no pets are allowed.
Situated on Wyn and Ian Gargate's 17 acre farmland and maintained to a very high standard, stone-built Brock Scar Cottage is converted from what was originally a farmworker's cottage, byre and hayloft.
The cottage is totally self-contained to guarantee absolute privacy, but Wyn and Ian live nearby and are always close at hand if you need advice on where to go, what to do, or what to eat.
Mickleton has two village public houses.
There are a variety of shops in Middleton in Teesdale, including a Co-op, many of which are open seven days a week during the holiday season.
Groceries can be purchased in readiness for your arrival by prior arrangement.
The cottage is approximately 2 miles from Mickleton, 5 miles from Middleton in Teesdale, 11 miles from Barnard Castle and approx. 1 hour from Durham City, York, Beamish Museum, the Lake District and Hadrian's Wall.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Brock Scar Cottage||£330.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- Witch-of-OzPerthTrip Type:CouplesAnother Wonderful VisitTuesday, 18th July 2017We have been coming from Australia to visit Brock Scar for a number of years because of its secluded location, great amenities and friendly hosts. The cottage is immaculate and has everything you... Read full review
- 206marianneyIngatestone, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAnother wonderful holidayMonday, 31st July 2017We have just returned from another wonderful stay here. We first visited with our two young children about 24 years ago. They just loved playing safely outside. Ian always reminds us of our son... Read full review
- _suepym15Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesTranquilitySunday, 17th September 2017Cosy and welcoming. Everything you need is here. A very warm welcome from Wyn and Ian and nothing is too much trouble. The location is beautiful and wildlife is all around you. We have just come... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 4 Uncovered
|Open New Year|
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|