A self-catering cottage for up to four guests, standing in its own grounds situated by Grassholme Reservoir in the beautiful unspoiled world of Teesdale and County Durham.
A warm welcome awaits you at Brock Scar Cottage nestled in the surrounding hills at Grassholme Reservoir in beautiful Teesdale.
This cottage is in an idylic setting for a relaxing holiday in this lovely part of the North Pennines where you can be assured of peace and tranquility, away from all noise and stress, at any time of the year.
For such a peaceful area there is so much to do during your holidays and vacations here, such as fishing, cycling, walking, horse riding, canoeing, sailing, bird-watching or studying the wonderful flora, including blue gentians, primroses and bluebells in the spring.
Our rental weeks are from Saturday to Saturday. We regret that no pets are allowed.
Situated on Wyn and Ian Gargate's 17 acre farmland and maintained to a very high standard, stone-built Brock Scar Cottage is converted from what was originally a farmworker's cottage, byre and hayloft.
The cottage is totally self-contained to guarantee absolute privacy, but Wyn and Ian live nearby and are always close at hand if you need advice on where to go, what to do, or what to eat.
Mickleton has two village public houses.
There are a variety of shops in Middleton in Teesdale, including a Co-op, many of which are open seven days a week during the holiday season.
Groceries can be purchased in readiness for your arrival by prior arrangement.
The cottage is approximately 2 miles from Mickleton, 5 miles from Middleton in Teesdale, 11 miles from Barnard Castle and approx. 1 hour from Durham City, York, Beamish Museum, the Lake District and Hadrian's Wall.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Brock Scar Cottage||£330.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- _suepym15Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesTranquilitySunday, 17th September 2017Cosy and welcoming. Everything you need is here. A very warm welcome from Wyn and Ian and nothing is too much trouble. The location is beautiful and wildlife is all around you. We have just come... Read full review
- rocketronnie_147Leigh-on Sea, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAmazing week spent at Brock Scar cottageWednesday, 24th April 2019Just returned from a fantastic stay at Brock Scar cottage. The property is set in a great location for trips to the Lakes, Dales and Durham. We saw so much, Malham Cove, Ribblehead Viaduct, Boat trip... Read full review
- Trevor DTrip Type:FamilyFantastic Week at BrockscarTuesday, 16th July 2019Just had another brilliant week at Brockscar Cottage, it was great to see Ian and Wyn again, and catch up with them. They always give such a warm welcome. The cottage is always very cosy, warm and... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 4 Uncovered
- WiFi Available
|Open New Year|
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|