Luxury self-catering cottage 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and dog friendly. 15 minutes from Durham City and 5 minutes from Bishop Auckland home of Auckland Castle & Eleven Arches night show Kynren. Perfect for cyclists with Hamsterley Forest Descend nearby and set in the picturesque countryside of County Durham, the 2-bed detached single storey cottage is a perfect retreat for guests seeking a country escape in luxury holiday accommodation, to chill out and recharge in peace and tranquillity.
Situated close to the village of Hunwick, Bracken Hill Farm Cottage is a delightful self-catering property situated at the gate-way to the Durham Dales and is easily accessible by car and public transport.
This barn conversion has been sympathetically converted to the highest standard and provides guests with everything they need for a comfortable and relaxing stay whilst still retaining some of the original features.
The cottage has underfloor heating thermostatically controlled in each room, WiFi and Sky TV. A spacious open plan living area with impressive vaulted ceiling and wood burning stove leads to a fully equipped kitchen and dining area with table and four chairs. There are two bedrooms both with super-king size zip and link beds easily converted to singles if required. The master bedroom is en-suite with a large walk in shower. There is also a separate bathroom. Guests can benefit from a secure south westerly facing garden with patio where you can enjoy the breath-taking views of the unspoilt County Durham countryside and stunning sunsets.
The cottage is self-contained with its own private drive-way and car park plus a secured shed for storage and bikes.
Well behaved dogs are welcome.
Please note that smoking is not permitted in any indoor areas of the cottage.
Bracken Hill Farm Cottage is situated on the outskirts of Hunwick which boasts two pubs with restaurants offering home cooked food and real ale and both within walking distance.
The cottage is 9 miles away from Durham City and within easy reach of Weardale and Teesdale.
Bracken Hill Farm Cottage is the perfect base for a holiday to relax and unwind and for exploring the County Durham and Northumberland countryside with it its many walking trails and cycling routes. There are a number of local attractions nearby such as Auckland Castle, The Bowes Museum and Binchester Roman Fort plus quaint market towns such as Barnard Castle, Stanhope and Wolsingham.
County Durham is central for exploring further afield as it borders Yorkshire, Cumbria and Northumberland where you will find the cultural cities of Newcastle upon Tyne, Harrogate and York together with Holy Island, Whitby and Hadrians Wall.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Bracken Hill Farm Cottage||£90.00 per unit per night|
*Min 3 night stay
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Self Catering Property of the Year Silver 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Dog Friendly Business of the Year Bronze 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- Judith Tina WBeautiful cottage in peaceful surroundingsMonday, 19th July 2021We felt at home immediately in this beautiful, well equipped cottage. Everything we needed was provided. The garden was sunny all day and really peaceful. Ang was very helpful before we arrived and... Read full review
- davidmM1581UQBlissWednesday, 6th October 2021Superb cottage that has everything you could need. Very good base for walkers or for people who are seeking some peace and quiet. Spent many an hour sitting out in the lovely garden. Highly... Read full review
- gardeninggirlS East EnglandA very comfortable stayFriday, 13th May 2022This is a really good barn conversion, great sized rooms, excellent bathrooms and absolutely dog friendly with a truly secure garden. We all enjoyed a week here, two couples and 3 dogs. Perfect spot... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Parking for up to 3 vehicles.
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure cycle storage area plus outside tap.
- Walkers Welcome
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|