Luxury self-catering cottage 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, dog friendly. 15 minutes from Durham City and 5 minutes from Bishop Auckland home of Auckland Castle & Eleven Arches nightshow Kynren. Perfect for cyclists with Hamsterley Forest Descend nearby and set in the picturesque countryside of County Durham, the 2-bed detached single storey cottage is a perfect retreat for guests seeking a country escape in luxury holiday accommodation, to chill out and recharge in peace and tranquillity.
Situated close to the village of Hunwick, Bracken Hill Farm Cottage is a delightful self-catering property situated at the gate-way to the Durham Dales and is easily accessible by car and public transport.
This barn conversion has been sympathetically converted to the highest standard and provides guests with everything they need for a comfortable and relaxing stay whilst still retaining some of the original features.
The cottage has underfloor heating thermostatically controlled in each room, WiFi and Sky TV. A spacious open plan living area with impressive vaulted ceiling and wood burning stove leads to a fully equipped kitchen and dining area with table and four chairs. There are two bedrooms both with super-king size zip and link beds easily converted to singles if required. The master bedroom is en-suite with a large walk in shower. There is also a separate bathroom. Guests can benefit from a secure south westerly facing garden with patio where you can enjoy the breath-taking views of the unspoilt County Durham countryside and stunning sunsets.
The cottage is self-contained with its own private drive-way and car park plus a secured shed for storage and bikes.
Well behaved dogs are welcome.
Please note that smoking is not permitted in any indoor areas of the cottage.
Bracken Hill Farm Cottage is situated on the outskirts of Hunwick which boasts two pubs with restaurants offering home cooked food and real ale and both within walking distance.
The cottage is 9 miles away from Durham City and within easy reach of Weardale and Teesdale.
Bracken Hill Farm Cottage is the perfect base for a holiday to relax and unwind and for exploring the County Durham and Northumberland countryside with it its many walking trails and cycling routes. There are a number of local attractions nearby such as Auckland Castle, The Bowes Museum and Binchester Roman Fort plus quaint market towns such as Barnard Castle, Stanhope and Wolsingham.
County Durham is central for exploring further afield as it borders Yorkshire, Cumbria and Northumberland where you will find the cultural cities of Newcastle upon Tyne, Harrogate and York together with Holy Island, Whitby and Hadrians Wall.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Bracken Hill Farm Cottage||£90.00 per unit per night|
*Min 3 night stay
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Self Catering Property of the Year Silver 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Dog Friendly Business of the Year Bronze 2016
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good0
- Karen PChristmasSunday, 5th January 2020Yet another fantastic stay at this wonderful cottage over Christmas. On arrival the cottage as usual was immaculate and tastefully decorated for Christmas Ang as ever, very helpful and friendly Can’t... Read full review
- 183lisajSpainLittle GemTuesday, 11th February 2020Thoroughly enjoyed our stay last week. We were a party of 4 adults and a couple of small dogs and this place was perfect for us to enjoy everything the North East has to offer. We went on fantastic... Read full review
- sarahsL4000IHDalbeattie, United KingdomMrsMonday, 16th March 2020Brilliant stay. Cottage immaculate, cosy, well thought out and perfect for our dogs. The garden was safe for them to play in. Lots of fantastic places to eat within a stone's throw. Great dog walks... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Parking for up to 3 vehicles.
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure cycle storage area plus outside tap.
- Walkers Welcome
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|