High, beamed ceilings over the combined living, dining and kitchen area give a spacious feel to this tastefully converted barn, with a cast iron log-effect stove to keep you cosy, The kitchen is fully equipped and provides everything you need to make this your 'home from home'. A selection of books, board games and DVDs ensures that you will always be entertained whatever the weather. The bedroom has a king size bed beneath original wooden beams and attaches to an en-suite bathroom which is light, spacious and finished with large slate tiles and over bath shower. The cottage garden has beautifully stocked borders and a variety of seating and patio areas to make the most of the daytime and evening sun. The patio overlooking Goose Pond houses the gas barbecue for you to use, and the summerhouse by the pond is the perfect place to enjoy a good book and glass of wine!
We are located in lower Teesdale on the Durham / North Yorkshire border, between Piercebridge and Gainford, near Darlington. Within one mile the villages of Piercebridge and Gainford provide friendly local services including newsagents, general stores, cafe, butcher, post office, hairdresser, ‘Chippie’, organic farm shop and cafe, Doctors surgery and three churches. There are also some local country pubs and quality restaurants within walking distance. Spectacular waterfalls, sweeping moorlands, magnificent castles and ancient market towns are all to be found in Teesdale. Nearby bridleways, footpaths, riverside walks, golf and fishing provide ample entertainment and opportunity to explore the countryside. For a more active way of spending a lovely day, there is the nearby Headlam Hall Golf Course & Spa, which offers a challenging and picturesque 9-hole course and a luxurious spa for anyone wanting to relax and unwind.
We are close to local attractions such as Durham Cathedral, Beamish Museum, Bowes Museum in Barnard Castle, the Yorkshire Dales, High Force, and Teesdale. With the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, East Coast and cities of Durham, Newcastle and York all within easy driving distance, this is an ideal base from which to visit the sights of North East England.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Bothy Cottage||from £340.00 to £460.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- Ray HTrip Type:FamilyWe are planning on coming back!Thursday, 13th September 2018The location excellent, easy and quick access to everything. We stayed in the Stable and is was a home from home. Spacious, quiet, all amenities and, important for me, perfectly accessible, the... Read full review
- X1411GTnicksFlaine, FranceTrip Type:FamilyA wonderful weekend in a superb location......will certainly stay again!Wednesday, 6th February 2019We spent a long weekend in The Stable, absolutely perfect for 4 of us together with our black labrador. The cottage was just right for our 3 night stay, quiet and surrounded by wonderful views. The... Read full review
- AmandaScotlandArgyll and Bute, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent dog friendly propertyMonday, 15th April 2019Stayed in the Hayloft with our dog. Walked into Gainford and along the river direct from the cottage. 10/15 mins from Barnard Castle shops, weekly market and restaurants. Village shop and post... Read full review
- Access Statement
- NAS MOBILITY - Mobility rating 1 & 2
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available - The cottage is on one level
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Childrens Play Area
- Children's videos/DVDs Available
- Facilities for children
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 6 Uncovered
- Midweek breaks
- Weekend breaks
- Garden/patio for guests use - including BBQ
- Linen provided
- Pets accepted
- In countryside
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Bookable Product Facilities: Bothy Cottage
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Colour Television
- Drying Facilities
- DVD Player
- Ironing Facilities
- Modem Point - Wi-Fi
- Non smoking units available
- Pets Accepted
- Washing Machine
|Open New Year|
|All year (1 Jan 2017 - 1 Jan 2020)|
* Open all year
Map & Directions
East Greystone Farm stands off the A67, six miles West of Darlington between Piercebridge and Gainford in County Durham. From A1(M): Leave the A1(M) at Junction 56, follow the B6275 to Piercebridge. After 5.3 miles turn left at T junction opposite The Fox Hole Public House. Turn left again onto the A67 to Barnard Castle. East Greystone Farm is situated 1 mile along the A67 and is the second farm on the right. There is a white sign and two black and white bollards at the entrance.
Public Transport Directions
By Rail: Darlington train station is on the East Coast Main Line and is 6 miles from East Greystone Farm Cottages. By Bus: Bus route 75 or 76 from Darlington to Barnard Castle leaves every 30 minutes and stops at the end of farm drive. Ask for stop at Snow Hall. Would be willing to collect from station.