Set in 73 acres of beautiful parkland beside the River Wear, Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel is a unique experience.
Your base to visit the cathedral city of Durham only 8 miles away and explore the beautiful Durham countryside, Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel is the idyllic country escape.
A sympathetically-restored Grade II Listed stately mansion, the ancestral home of Bobby Shafto, the hotel offers 29 luxurious double en suite bedrooms, each with its own individual character and all appointed to a superior standard.
Luxurious bedrooms, 2 restaurants, comfortable lounges, bars, conservatories, gardens, and private meeting rooms with service from professional, attentive staff - perfect for your conferences, meetings, entertaining, weddings, private dining and events......or just to get away from it all.
Open daily for morning coffee, afternoon tea or dinner to residents and non-residents. Enjoy fine dining in the elegant Library Restaurant or the relaxed Silver Buckles Brasserie
Quality hospitality for all occasions in the heart of a 73 acre deer park.
- Arrival Date:
- Wed , 19th Sept 2018
- Departure Date:
- Thur , 20th Sept 2018
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Deluxe Double||from £75.00 to £130.00 per person (room only)|
|Standard Double en suite||from £60.00 to £130.00 per room (room only)|
|Twin en suite||from £60.00 to £130.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- 3 Visit England Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- GreenLeader Silver
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good235
- livelifetothemax1Trip Type:CouplesSunday lunch 👎Sunday, 16th September 2018Visited today for Sunday lunch which I must admit was not the best what I’ve had here.. First cutlery was dirty and had dried food on so instead of complaining I just cleaned it myself. Never... Read full review
- Go597978Trip Type:CouplesNearlyWednesday, 12th September 2018Perfect location superb grounds and building . Deer to walk amongst and a lake to walk round . Bedroom was vast ,comfy bed and excellent bathroom decor was a little tired but this didnt detract to... Read full review
- Amy PKent, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyDeer ParkMonday, 3rd September 2018Visited with family recently to enjoy a few hours at the Deer Park which forms part of the hotel. I saw this place online and so glad I did as otherwise you wouldn't necessarily come across it as... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2018)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M) At jct 61 follow A688 'Spennymoor'. After joining it follow A688 over 4 roundabouts. At the fifth roundabout take the fourth exit, right 'Spenymoor Town Centre'. At the next major roundabout, turn left, first exit (Middlestone Moor). Traffic lights turn right following hotel sign. Hotel 1 mile on right.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 8 milesAdvise using a taxi.