Set in 73 acres of beautiful parkland beside the River Wear, Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel is a unique experience.
Your base to visit the cathedral city of Durham only 8 miles away and explore the beautiful Durham countryside, Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel is the idyllic country escape.
A sympathetically-restored Grade II Listed stately mansion, the ancestral home of Bobby Shafto, the hotel offers 29 luxurious double en suite bedrooms, each with its own individual character and all appointed to a superior standard.
Luxurious bedrooms, 2 restaurants, comfortable lounges, bars, conservatories, gardens, and private meeting rooms with service from professional, attentive staff - perfect for your conferences, meetings, entertaining, weddings, private dining and events......or just to get away from it all.
Open daily for morning coffee, afternoon tea or dinner to residents and non-residents. Enjoy fine dining in the elegant Library Restaurant or the relaxed Silver Buckles Brasserie
Quality hospitality for all occasions in the heart of a 73 acre deer park.
- Arrival Date:
- Wed , 27th Mar 2019
- Departure Date:
- Thur , 28th Mar 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Deluxe Double||£75.00 per person (room only)|
|Standard Double en suite||£60.00 per room (room only)|
|Twin en suite||£60.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- 3 Visit England Stars
- Visit England Breakfast 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
- GreenLeader Silver
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good253
- carolEdinbrughEdinbrughTrip Type:CouplesWhitworth hallSunday, 17th March 2019Lovely grounds, good fun feeding the deer in the park, the room clean and tidy, the breakfasts were good ingriedents well cook, the dining room nicely laid out, the open fire in hall was welocming on... Read full review
- Kelly STrip Type:CouplesBeautiful Hotel and surroundingsTuesday, 19th March 2019Myself and my partner recently stayed here and we will definitely be returning in the future. The hotel is beautiful, clean and everything you would expect from a place with such history. The grounds... Read full review
- Nsuk14Trip Type:FamilyAfternoon TeaWednesday, 20th March 2019Visited today for my Grandads 80th. Grounds are lovely as is thr hotel. We were greeted and seated for a prebooked afternoon tea and offered tea or coffee, we all opted for tea but after having to... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M) At jct 61 follow A688 'Spennymoor'. After joining it follow A688 over 4 roundabouts. At the fifth roundabout take the fourth exit, right 'Spenymoor Town Centre'. At the next major roundabout, turn left, first exit (Middlestone Moor). Traffic lights turn right following hotel sign. Hotel 1 mile on right.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 8 milesAdvise using a taxi.