Set in 73 acres of beautiful parkland beside the River Wear, Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel is a unique experience.
Your base to visit the cathedral city of Durham only 8 miles away and explore the beautiful Durham countryside, Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel is the idyllic country escape.
A sympathetically-restored Grade II Listed stately mansion, the ancestral home of Bobby Shafto, the hotel offers 29 luxurious double en suite bedrooms, each with its own individual character and all appointed to a superior standard.
Luxurious bedrooms, 2 restaurants, comfortable lounges, bars, conservatories, gardens, and private meeting rooms with service from professional, attentive staff - perfect for your conferences, meetings, entertaining, weddings, private dining and events......or just to get away from it all.
Open daily for morning coffee, afternoon tea or dinner to residents and non-residents. Enjoy fine dining in the elegant Library Restaurant or the relaxed Silver Buckles Brasserie
Quality hospitality for all occasions in the heart of a 73 acre deer park.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Deluxe Double||from £75.00 to £130.00 per person (room only)|
|Standard Double en suite||from £60.00 to £130.00 per room (room only)|
|Twin en suite||from £60.00 to £130.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- 3 Visit England Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- GreenLeader Silver
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good229
- maureenwardDurham, United KingdomWedding reception at Whitworth Hall.Wednesday, 30th May 2018We held our daughters wedding reception there on Saturday 19th May 2018. The room for the reception was beautifully laid out for 100 guests. I had several reports from guests re the very good quality... Read full review
- Gary RTrip Type:FamilyWedding celebrationThursday, 24th May 2018Myself, my partner, step Son and Daughter in law attended a wedding and booked two rooms for the night on the 27th January . Firstly we were impressed with the place overall when we first drove in... Read full review
- dorisv407Bad Homburg, GermanyTrip Type:BusinessAlways enjoy staying hereSaturday, 19th May 2018A lovely place to relax. Enjoy the friendly staff, scenic setting of the Hotel, nice real ale from tap, and the cozy Lounge/bar area. Rooms have comfy beds, often the beds are four pster beds... Read full review
- WiFi Available
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2018)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M) At jct 61 follow A688 'Spennymoor'. After joining it follow A688 over 4 roundabouts. At the fifth roundabout take the fourth exit, right 'Spenymoor Town Centre'. At the next major roundabout, turn left, first exit (Middlestone Moor). Traffic lights turn right following hotel sign. Hotel 1 mile on right.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 8 milesAdvise using a taxi.