Set in 73 acres of beautiful parkland beside the River Wear, Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel is a unique experience.
Your base to visit the cathedral city of Durham only 8 miles away and explore the beautiful Durham countryside, Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel is the idyllic country escape.
A sympathetically-restored Grade II Listed stately mansion, the ancestral home of Bobby Shafto, the hotel offers 29 luxurious double en suite bedrooms, each with its own individual character and all appointed to a superior standard.
Luxurious bedrooms, 2 restaurants, comfortable lounges, bars, conservatories, gardens, and private meeting rooms with service from professional, attentive staff - perfect for your conferences, meetings, entertaining, weddings, private dining and events......or just to get away from it all.
Open daily for morning coffee, afternoon tea or dinner to residents and non-residents. Enjoy fine dining in the elegant Library Restaurant or the relaxed Silver Buckles Brasserie
Quality hospitality for all occasions in the heart of a 73 acre deer park.
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 23rd May 2019
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 24th May 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Deluxe Double||£75.00 per person (room only)|
|Standard Double en suite||£60.00 per room (room only)|
|Twin en suite||£60.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- 3 Visit England Stars
- Visit England Breakfast 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
- GreenLeader Silver
- Very Good256
- Di1955Yarrawonga, AustraliaTrip Type:CouplesAbsolutely FabulousSunday, 19th May 2019I cannot highly recommend this this property enough! Firstly the room was just incredible- so elegant - really beautiful- and huge. It was immaculate not only in presentation, decor but also... Read full review
- Bethany LTrip Type:FamilyA Masonic evening an overpriced roomSunday, 19th May 2019I booked our room a month in advance. I contacted the hotel and was offered the same price as a book in site I used. To my dismay on the evenin my brother got a suite for £40 less then we paid... Read full review
- powfoot3Powfoot, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesVisit2Sunday, 19th May 2019Another lovely stay here. We couldn’t feed deer in the park as males are shedding antlers. We ate in conservatory and were only ones in there. Manager was lovely and friendly. Not many in bar... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M) At jct 61 follow A688 'Spennymoor'. After joining it follow A688 over 4 roundabouts. At the fifth roundabout take the fourth exit, right 'Spenymoor Town Centre'. At the next major roundabout, turn left, first exit (Middlestone Moor). Traffic lights turn right following hotel sign. Hotel 1 mile on right.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 8 milesAdvise using a taxi.