Set in 73 acres of beautiful parkland beside the River Wear, Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel is a unique experience.
Your base to visit the cathedral city of Durham only 8 miles away and explore the beautiful Durham countryside, Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel is the idyllic country escape.
A sympathetically-restored Grade II Listed stately mansion, the ancestral home of Bobby Shafto, the hotel offers 29 luxurious double en suite bedrooms, each with its own individual character and all appointed to a superior standard.
Luxurious bedrooms, 2 restaurants, comfortable lounges, bars, conservatories, gardens, and private meeting rooms with service from professional, attentive staff - perfect for your conferences, meetings, entertaining, weddings, private dining and events......or just to get away from it all.
Open daily for morning coffee, afternoon tea or dinner to residents and non-residents. Enjoy fine dining in the elegant Library Restaurant or the relaxed Silver Buckles Brasserie
Quality hospitality for all occasions in the heart of a 73 acre deer park.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Deluxe Double||from £75.00 to £335.00 per person (room only)|
|Standard Double en suite||from £60.00 to £335.00 per room (room only)|
|Twin en suite||from £60.00 to £335.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- 3 Visit England Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- GreenLeader Silver
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good217
- scaife27Trip Type:CouplesExcellentMonday, 11th December 2017We only stayed one night but we would have no hesitation in coming back for another stay. The room was gorgeous with loveky comfy beds , big fluffy towels and a lovely big bath to relax in. Our... Read full review
- john oGoole, United KingdomGreat staySaturday, 2nd December 2017This was the 2nd time we have stayed here and it was still as good as last time . We only stayed one night on the 27/11 and the staff in the dining room on the evening and at breakfast were really... Read full review
- Lucy_McKenDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayWinterfest at WhitworthThursday, 30th November 2017I attended the Winterfest event at the hotel today and I must say how fabulous it was...The amount of snow that came down today came as a surprise to everyone I think but the maintenance men stayed... Read full review
- WiFi Available
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2018)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M) At jct 61 follow A688 'Spennymoor'. After joining it follow A688 over 4 roundabouts. At the fifth roundabout take the fourth exit, right 'Spenymoor Town Centre'. At the next major roundabout, turn left, first exit (Middlestone Moor). Traffic lights turn right following hotel sign. Hotel 1 mile on right.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 8 milesAdvise using a taxi.