A Grade II listed Georgian town house with a delightful secluded garden in the heart of Durham City.
Comfortable rooms are well furnished and beautifully decorated. Quality breakfasts are freshly prepared to order.
This bed and breakfast is close to the city centre, a short walk from the Market Place, the Castle, Cathedral, riverside paths and Gala Theatre. Some of Durham's best restaurants and pubs are within easy walking distance.
Ideally located for exploring not just the city of Durham but all the North East has to offer.
You can be assured of a warm and friendly welcome.
We believe No 66 Claypath is ideally located for exploring not just the city of Durham but all that the North East has to offer.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Garden Room - Double Private Bathroom||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Ironbridge Room - Small Double||from £60.00 to £80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Single||£60.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*£65 single occupancy.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good7
- 603JimChesterfield, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA lovely quiet b&bSunday, 3rd July 2016We were the only guests so a bathroom was at our disposal. Lovely quiet and light room overlooking the back garden. The on street parking is tight and is £10 per day. Our car was scraped slightly by... Read full review
- Elaine DGateshead, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA Lovely Warm Friendly B+BThursday, 6th October 2016Paddy and Richard are great hosts, our room was bright overlooking a lovely garden , exceptionally clean, tea/ coffee facilities in room , lovely big bathroom, breakfast made to our liking and... Read full review
- Sandra BTrip Type:CouplesFriendly lodging houseFriday, 28th September 2018Friendly knowledgable host - very helpful about attractions in the area. Room nice and light and well apppointed overlooking the garden. Easy walk to restaurants and attractions in Durham itself... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - On street parking or nearby multi storey car park 4 minutes' walk away.
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2018 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2018)|
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Closed Christmas and New Year
Map & Directions
A1(M) - exit at Junction 62 and follow A690 to Durham. After one mile take third exit at roundabout onto Gilesgate. Look for a pink house on left and Claypath Medical Centre on right. Continue along Gilesgate and as you descend into Durham the road changes name to Claypath. Look for four stone steps surrounded by iron railing at front door.
Public Transport Directions
Durham Train Station - Take a taxi or walk down Station Approach, take pedestrian path west, down steps along the Highgate housing development. Cross Framwellgate Peth onto Millburngate Bridge, after bridge take slip road leading to Claypath, past Gala Theatre on left. Cross over road at lights, continue up hill, pass Leazes Place on right. No 66 is first house past this road (look for four stone steps surrounded by iron railing).