Family run falconry centre with all birds being flown daily and the emphasis on fun and education.
Set in the stunning grounds of Walworth Castle, just 10 mins from the A1 and A68 the falconry centre is the perfect place for a fun, family day out. Meet the birds, see both of our fabulous falconry flying displays, see our bird feeding station, take a walk in the ancient woodland whilst looking for our hidden creatures on the nature trail or take our fun quizzes whilst you tour the aviaries, you can even buy something special to remind you of your visit in our friendly gift shop. Once you have paid you can come and go all day allowing you to plan a great day out and include lunch at Walworth Castle Hotel.
We also offer a huge range of experience days, mobile bird of prey display team, wedding ring delivery, school visits, corporate days, birthday parties, guest speaking and gift vouchers. We cover a wide area from Richmond, Barnard Castle, The North East, Durham, Darlington, Yorkshire, Cumbria even to Scotland.
Visit Check List:
Nature Trail Through Ancient Woodland
Two amazing Falconry displays with different birds in both
Children’s Craft Workshops on special events
Bird Hide and Feeding Station
Meet The Ferrets
Yummy Lunch, Tea, Coffee or Ice Cream at Walworth Castle Hotel
Once you have paid you can come and go all day.
Special Events running throughout the year from Easter Weekend, Archery, Wizardry, Medieval Days to Halloween weeks and Santa with fancy dress, Meet the birds, ferret racing and MYO activities – a day full of memories for the whole family!
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adults||£6.50 per ticket type|
|Child (4-16yrs)||£4.50 per ticket type|
|Family (2+2)||£20.00 per ticket type|
Group discounts available on request.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good15
- laura wNewcastle, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAverageFriday, 13th October 2017I booked 6 rooms here through booking.com so all parties could pay separately at the venue, so I was very surprised to see that full payment was taken for all rooms from my account! Once the hotel... Read full review
- julia rDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelHunting daySunday, 8th October 2017I bought my husband a 'hunting day' for his birthday after visiting this place a couple of times. He has has the best day! He said; "birds were fab, dogs were fab, company was fab" he raved about... Read full review
- GayledalesNorfolk, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesHoliday highlightSunday, 1st October 2017We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. David and Tori made the visit extra special by involving everyone that was keen to get closer to their wonderful birds. Very informative and fun. The birds looked... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Free parking.
|Summer 2017 (25 Mar 2017 - 30 Oct 2017)|
|Wednesday - Sunday||10:30||- 16:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:30||- 16:00|
* Flying Display Times 1.30pm & 3pm (weather permitting) - different birds in both displays.