Parachuting and Skydiving Courses at Peterlee Parachute Centre, Shotton Airfield on former Colliery site – check us out at www.tripadvisor.co.uk . 760m x 60m grass strip and 550m x 7m tarmac strip.
Light General Aviation, Hangerage, AVGAS and JETAI Aviation Fuel, training rooms, toilets, bunk rooms, showers, canteen, licensed bar, spectator area, and car park.
Weekends late January through late December and during British Summer Time on Bank Holidays, Wednesday and Friday afternoons.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Participants prices from||from £44.00 to £1,594.00 per ticket type|
Spectators free, Participants £44 + training and membership where applicable (ie Solo SL £235, Tandem £285, AFF £1550)
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good17
- suzanne cDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayAMAZINGSunday, 8th October 2017Peterlee parachute centre is awesome, first skydive today with friends and it was totally AMAZING. Very professional, friendly and a fab day out. Free fall was excellent and recommend everyone should... Read full review
- James FTrip Type:Friends getawayJumping for charitySaturday, 7th October 2017Did a charity jump for OCD UK and it was awesome! Was really nervous before hand, but loved it after! Big thanks to Dave (My tandem instructor) and the rest of the crew. :) Read full review
- Pete HTrip Type:Friends getawayarch to surviveFriday, 6th October 2017What an amazing experience but remember "arch to survive" as said in the training. Anyone who is thinking thats too frightening to do just do it. You will not be disappointed and the staff are great... Read full review
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Airfield & Booking Office 10am - 5pm Mon - Fri.
Parachuting open Apr-Oct, Wed-Sun, 1000-1700,Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays, 1000-1200; Feb, Mar & Nov, Wed, Fri, 1300-2030, Sat, Sun & Bank Hols, 0830-2030.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A19. From the A19 head west to Shotton Colliery, through Peterlee N W Industrial Estate, travelling 1.5 miles over 2 roundabouts. Turn right into Shotton Colliery Industrial Estate access road. Road bears off left after 75m and follow on to airfield.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest railway station is Durham Station. Take bus or taxi to Shotton Colliery. Bus service available to Peterlee from Durham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesborough.