Dining in the flagship Orangery restaurant at Rockliffe Hall is a foodie experience like no other.
Brought to you by Michelin-starred executive chef, Richard Allen, The Orangery is all about bringing the outside in. Take a foodie journey across land and sea as you sample the delights of Richard’s tasting menus.
Executive chef Richard Allen has a passion for premium ingredients that look good, taste good and that are good for you. That’s not to say we won’t indulge you a little too, however!
The Orangery offers a varied menu, exquisite wines and carefully concocted cocktails to allow you to fully experience its welcoming surroundings and hospitable team. Informal luxury is what The Orangery is all about.
Richard has developed the Orangery menus to make best use of the highest quality seasonal and regional produce, some foraged from Rockliffe Hall’s 365 acre estate. Our aim is to take you on a culinary journey that includes unique temperatures, textures and tastes. Both wine and beer flights are available to compliment your menu. Please note our menus change daily to reflect seasonality.
With exquisite wines and carefully concocted cocktails that perfectly compliment your food, take pleasure in a unique dining experience in gorgeous surroundings while you are taken care of by an expert team.
- AA AA 3 Rosettes 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Taste of England Award – Bronze 2015
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good52
- EmmzzATrip Type:Friends getawayAmazingFriday, 20th October 2017Best breakfast food. Full continental and complete range of cooked breakfasts all available from waffles and pancakes to a simple poached eggs on toast! Perfect start to the day! Read full review
- Stephen RTrip Type:FamilyMichelin star must be on the way?Tuesday, 17th October 2017This is the third time we have had the tasting menu here, but the first time we have sampled the 9 course surprise one. We really enjoyed the mystique of not knowing what was coming next, but every... Read full review
- moline2015Sandnes, NorwaySaturday night dinnerMonday, 16th October 2017Execellent food and wine at the Orangery restaurant. Service and nice staff working there. We selected a four courses meny with wine, tasted wonderful. Read full review
- Access Statement - See Below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 220 car parking spaces.
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Tuesday - Saturday||19:00||- 21:30|
|Bank Holiday||19:00||- 21:30|
Map & Directions
From the airport turn right toward A67. At the roundabout take the 3rd exit. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit on to the A67. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A66. At Darlington Football Club roundabout (A67) take the 1st exit onto Neasham Road. Turn right onto Roundhill Road, sign posted Hurworth. Follow the round for approximately 1 mile into the village of Hurworth. At the T Junction turn right and follow the road for a short while and the hotel is located on the left hand side shortly after the pedestrian lights.
Public Transport Directions
Just five minutes from Darlington Railway Station, ten minutes from Durham Tees Valley Airport and fifty minutes from Newcastle International Airport.