The only licenced café where you can enjoy freshly made sandwiches and toasties, delicious fruit scones with jam or an indulgent slice of cake, whilst enjoying the unrestricted views of Durham Cathedral and Castle on a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Table service means you can sit, relax and enjoy!
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good62
- BarryD974Newcastle-upon-Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesReally good soupFriday, 20th October 2017We called in here as we wandered around Durham at lunchtime. Service was very friendly and the menu was good with a great selection for various lunches. We both selected soup and two different types... Read full review
- Lou65aLeeds, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayStopped for a drink stayed for lunchMonday, 16th October 2017Had really lovely food with excellent gluten free options, included lemon tart 🤗 The soups of the day were really tasty and beef and blue cheese sandwich was so tasty. Excellent service Thank you Read full review
- pat_geoffwilkinsonWisbech, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGood spot for a coffeeMonday, 9th October 2017Stopped off here before our cathedral visit.. Just a pot of tea and toasted tea cake, friendly staff, quick service and a good cuppa. Perfect! Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
|2017 (2 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Open daily, Jan, Feb, 0900-1600; Mar, Apr, May, Oct, 0900-1700; Jun-Sep, 0900-1800. Closed 24,25 Dec & 1 Jan (restricted opening times between Christmas and New year).
Map & Directions
Beside the cathedral on Palace Green.
Public Transport Directions
During the day Durham Cathedral Bus runs to Palace Green via the Market Place from Freeman's Place coach and car parks and the Rail Station. For timetable telephone Traveline on 0871 200 22 33.